2017 Conf. Semis: (2) San Antonio vs. (3) Houston

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Spurs in 4
No votes
Spurs in 5
8%
Spurs in 6
42%
Spurs in 7
8%
Rockets in 4
No votes
Rockets in 5
No votes
Rockets in 6
17%
Rockets in 7
25%
D'Antoni on shaving his mustache: "I prefer Lay's Stax"
No votes
Kendrick Lamar: "Sit Down. Be humble." Kawhi: "..."
No votes

Total votes : 12

Re: 2017 Conf. Semis: (2) San Antonio vs. (3) Houston

Postby Stress Fracture on Thu May 11, 2017 5:56 pm

It will just pain your eyes if you watched game 5. End of 4th and OT, Harden was just holding the damn ball. The others just stood where they were, not setting screens and all that.

And Ginobili with that block, probably the block of the season.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby air gordon on Fri May 12, 2017 2:15 am

If I was a rockets fans i would have taken the tv off the mount and throw it

The final possessions I agree were terrible. Get some movement going, run harden off a screen.. and early in the clock. That was OKC play calling in the elimination game ironically
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby volsey on Fri May 12, 2017 5:57 am

Man nobody thinks SA stands a chance against GS? Seems everybody is already convinced it's GS to the finals with a sweep over SA/HOU. I think at the very least it will come down to a game 6 or 7. Meanwhile the ECF will be over after 4 or 5. (I know I'm getting ahead of myself, semis aren't even over, SA better advance)
volsey

Postby Andrew on Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 am

It may be selling the Spurs short, but the Warriors are pretty damn good, and the Spurs are also hobbled by a couple of injuries at the moment.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri May 12, 2017 12:16 pm

...or you know, maybe not. Golden opportunity for the Rockets, and they squandered it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Well.... that was embarrassing for Houston...
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby bowdown on Fri May 12, 2017 2:46 pm

Believe it or not but with Patty Mills playing like he is it gives the Spurs better fire power to go against the Warriors. Mills is quicker and can atleast stay with Curry better than Parker one would imagine.
bowdown

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Fri May 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Harden just threw away an MVP caliber season in one night.

Played like a little bitch. Something seriously isn't right here. It almost looked like someone paid him off to not play.
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Sauru on Fri May 12, 2017 5:38 pm

volsey wrote:Man nobody thinks SA stands a chance against GS? Seems everybody is already convinced it's GS to the finals with a sweep over SA/HOU. I think at the very least it will come down to a game 6 or 7. Meanwhile the ECF will be over after 4 or 5. (I know I'm getting ahead of myself, semis aren't even over, SA better advance)

they dont have any chance. this season has been a big waste of time just waiting for the cavs and warriors to meet up in the finals. in my opinion this has been the most boring season since i started watching basketball
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Fri May 12, 2017 6:05 pm

Sauru wrote:this season has been a big waste of time just waiting for the cavs and warriors to meet up in the finals. in my opinion this has been the most boring season since i started watching basketball

I agree, capped off by the most anti-climactic postseason in memory. Even in other seasons where the finalists and eventual champion stood out from the pack somewhat, there was still more competition, more great and exciting basketball being played. Right now, it's just blowout after blowout, and a feeling that no one is going to give the Warriors or Cavs a challenge until they meet each other. If you're not a fan of either of those teams, what's there to enjoy get invested in?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 am

[Q] wrote:I don't think Houston wins this one. San Antonio is too experienced and too disciplined to lose against a Pringles team

Weird start to the series, but it would up with spurs in 6 like I thought

Funny that despite this being dantonis strongest team since the suns days, the result was the same. Losing to the spurs
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Sat May 13, 2017 3:59 am

air gordon wrote:If I was a rockets fans i would have taken the tv off the mount and throw it

The final possessions I agree were terrible. Get some movement going, run harden off a screen.. and early in the clock. That was OKC play calling in the elimination game ironically

Like Dennis Scott & Sam Vincent said last night - when the 3s aren't falling, Houston had no "Plan B".

Popp is 20-6 all-time vs. Pringles in the playoffs.
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Sat May 13, 2017 6:40 am

volsey wrote:Man nobody thinks SA stands a chance against GS? Seems everybody is already convinced it's GS to the finals with a sweep over SA/HOU. I think at the very least it will come down to a game 6 or 7. Meanwhile the ECF will be over after 4 or 5. (I know I'm getting ahead of myself, semis aren't even over, SA better advance)

Tig! man i miss that show

lol tough crowd? are the playoffs really as bad as some are making it out to be or is that GSW and Cle are playing at another level? Ljames is playing some of his best basketball.

there were some good 1st round series and this series was a good one as well.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby volsey on Sat May 13, 2017 7:20 am

bowdown wrote:Believe it or not but with Patty Mills playing like he is it gives the Spurs better fire power to go against the Warriors. Mills is quicker and can atleast stay with Curry better than Parker one would imagine.

I was thinking the same thing. While Parker was playing good, and his mid range and drive/control of pace will be missed (and although he was shooting good from deep) Patty is a better long range threat, and likely a better matchup for Steph on D.

I've heard the 'worst playoffs ever' a lot lately. I'm still hoping a healthy Claw and company can make WCF interesting. All I ask is for some close games and a >=6 game series. ECF is over already, but would actually jizz if Boston made LBJ sweat.

EDIT:

Also it's hilarious to see all the videos blaming Harden. And while I'm not defending him, you gotta put a LOT of blame on Dantoni. I just can't see him being a good coach. That half court offense was atrocious at times.
volsey

Postby [Q] on Sat May 13, 2017 9:55 am

air gordon wrote:

Tig! man i miss that show

Ljames is playing some of his best basketball.

I read that his inside fg% and 3pt % in the playoffs tops curry and shaqs highest percentages

Playoffs couldn't have been worse than the year we got spurs pistons finals. We still have 3 more series to go.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue May 16, 2017 2:48 am

volsey wrote:
Also it's hilarious to see all the videos blaming Harden. And while I'm not defending him, you gotta put a LOT of blame on Dantoni. I just can't see him being a good coach. That half court offense was atrocious at times.

How different is the offensive coaching of him compared to someone like brad Stevens? The Boston offense relies on the 3pt shot. They play at a slower pace but have almost as many 3pt attempts as Houston... more than GSW
Jump.
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball