Lance Stephenson returning to Indiana

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Lance Stephenson returning to Indiana

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:36 pm

On a three year deal.

After playing for five different teams over the last three seasons, guard Lance Stephenson is reportedly returning to the place he called home for the first four seasons of his career. Chris Haynes of ESPN was first to report the news.

The 26-year-old most recently played six-game stints for the New Orleans Pelicans and Minnesota Timberwolves this season. If the Pacers make the playoffs, Stephenson would be playoff eligible.

Indiana waived guard Rodney Stuckey this morning to make room on their roster for Stephenson.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Lance Stephenson returning to Indiana

Postby Bruce on Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:40 pm

When I read about this on the rumor mill. I thought hey these two guys, in terms of physique, style and position-wise are essentially the same player. Albeit, Stephenson being psychologically less stable. It probably all comes down to being a penny pinching move. Stuckey is owed $7.5M next, which I do not know is guaranteed or not. And at his best, Stephenson is worth $10-12M/season. The Pacers are probably hedging on the chance that Stephenson can make a comeback at the place where it all started.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Re: Lance Stephenson returning to Indiana

Postby mp3 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:18 pm

Bring back Roy Hibbert!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to NBA & Basketball