Lakers trade Lou Williams to Rockets

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Lakers trade Lou Williams to Rockets

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Magic's first deal: Lakers trade Lou Williams to Rockets

Magic Johnson made his first move as the Los Angeles Lakers’ president of basketball operations, trading guard Lou Williams to the Houston Rockets, league sources told The Vertical.

Johnson was directly engaged with Rockets officials on the trade Tuesday afternoon and evening, league sources said.

The Rockets will send a 2017 first-round pick and forward Corey Brewer to the Lakers, sources said.

The pick gives the Lakers a chance to have two first-rounders in this year’s deep draft class.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Lakers trade Lou Williams to Rockets

Postby Bruce on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:37 pm

I think the Lakers could have gotten a better deal for Lou. Essentially, the Lakers got an expiring tradable contract if they sit on it until next year and a potentially a very late 1st round pick for the Lakers best trading asset.

Back around the time the Lakers lost Ariza, I actually liked the idea if Brewer came to the Lakers. But I wish they Lakers could have somehow used Williams to get some reprieve from Deng or Mozgov's bad contract as well.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Axel The Great on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:38 am

The Lakers just wanted to dump Lou Williams since he was hurting their chances at a high draft pick with every point he was scoring. While I like that he can be an insurance policy for injury-prone Eric Gordon, this is not the move that puts the Rockets in the same tier as the Cavs, Warriors, and Spurs. Leaves me wishing it was the Rockets who swung for DeMarcus Cousins, especially considering the bits and pieces Sacramento got in return for him.
Axel The Great
Visible Confusion

Postby NovU on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:47 pm

This is addition by subtraction move by the Lakers. Now young core gets more touches and I am sure all the Lakers fans are on board with it.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:58 am

Morey for GM of the year
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Return to NBA & Basketball