Magic wants Kobe in the Lakers front office with him

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Magic wants Kobe in the Lakers front office with him

Postby benji on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:02 pm

Magic Johnson, who was hired earlier this month as an adviser to Los Angeles Lakers president and co-owner Jeanie Buss as she evaluates the direction of the franchise, said Tuesday that he would try to get Kobe Bryant to join him in the front office if Johnson's role evolves further.

"First call I make if I'm in charge? Kobe Bryant," Johnson said on ESPN's First Take. "Because Kobe understands winning. He understands, also, these players. I would call: 'What role you want? ... If you've got a day, just give me that day.'

"I'll take that. Whatever time he has, I want him to come and be a part of it."
benji

Re: Magic wants Kobe in the Lakers front office with him

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:42 pm

Guess anything's worth a try. Thing is, we've seen time and time again that being a great player doesn't always translate to coaching or management. Michael Jordan obviously has a resume that's as impressive as anyone else's, but he made some questionable moves, to say the least. Isiah Thomas is a two-time champion with some big performances to his name, but his front office career speaks for itself. When it comes to the upper echelon of all-time great players, Larry Bird has probably had the most success in other roles, but not all of his decisions have been winners.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
No context necessary.
Administrator

Postby Bruce on Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:37 pm

When I heard this, I was like, Johnson=Good Cop, Bryant=Bad Cop. Simple as that.
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Lamrock on Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:59 am

We're gonna get the best people in there. Winners. Kobe's a winner. We're gonna make the best deals. The Lakers are gonna start winning again. The Kings are laughing at us!
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:16 am

Lamrock wrote:We're gonna get the best people in there. Winners. Kobe's a winner. We're gonna make the best deals. The Lakers are gonna start winning again. The Kings are laughing at us!

I guess that means Mitch Kupchak is going to be told "You're fired".
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
No context necessary.
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball