Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:59 am

It's won them some games and kept them in others, so I'm not sure that it is. If there is a downside, it's that it isn't always going to be enough, but that speaks to other problems with the team, or blunders they've made in crunch time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:49 pm

Caught the end of the game against the Warriors, great win for the Celtics there. The Splash Brothers are admittedly misfiring in the fourth as of late, but credit to the Celtics for turning it up when it mattered, going on that run and forcing all those turnovers.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:20 am

Andrew wrote:Caught the end of the game against the Warriors, great win for the Celtics there. The Splash Brothers are admittedly misfiring in the fourth as of late, but credit to the Celtics for turning it up when it mattered, going on that run and forcing all those turnovers.

Avery Bradley's defense in the fourth quarter was top notch. He was harassing Curry all over the floor, and was causing so many turnovers and rushed shots. He also hit that sweet mid range clutch jumper at the end.

Jae Crowder with the two beautiful 3 point bombs off of Offensive Rebounds at the end of the game, clutch. One of them was because GSW doubled Horford (Horford was being guarded by Klay Thompson), and he kicked it out, and Crowder made them pay.

Kelly Olynyk (+29 btw) with some awesome offensive fire power, KO has been growing on me, I feel like he is getting better and better as the season goes on. Did anybody see that sweet ball/dribble fake he pulled off in the 4th quarter en route to a dunk? He faked Iggy out big time. Nice to have a big guy that can do that.

I.T. With the big clutch 3, and deferring when he needed to. I'm glad he didn't force the issue, he relied on his teammates when he was guarding tight. Good stuff.

And of course Horford with his hustle, and his high basketball IQ. And Smart with his hustle plays (And sweet bounce pass to Olynyk, and sweet tweener pullup from like 7 feet).

I liked what Steven did with the rotations this game, and maybe what I.T. said made an impact on that. It was nice to NOT see James Young out there in the 4th, Jerebko played a bit to long for my liking in the 4th, but other than that it was solid.

How nice was it to see Boston win (And Curry SUCK in the 4th) after he talked smack to Jaylen Brown after that buzzer beating 3 in the third? Awesome. Draymond Green as his usually talking crap self after a couple of his dunks. The Warriors have turned into a bunch of babies it seems, I remember when they won the title in 14-15, they were humble and I don't remember them complaining so much. They seem to complain about everything, and show off WAY more than they should. Curry was acting like a baby about his reach in at the end of the game, when he CLEARLY reached in across the offensive players arms, it was a clear foul. Also, watching Livingston shoot that 13 foot fadeaway with completely blue sky and not even hit rim... wow... be cause that IS his shot. The Warriors looked like a wreck in the 4th.

Love seeing the Celtics healthy and showing what they can do. I'm really looking forward to seeing how we play as we get closer to the playoffs.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:56 am

I know what you mean. I was hoping they'd win in 2015 when it came down to the Finals and was glad that they did, but since then, there's been too much flexing and preening. I certainly enjoyed the 3-1 collapse, though with the way LeBron's been acting this year, I'm dreading the thought of yet another rematch, as I really don't want to see either of them winning another title. Spurs-Celtics would actually be my preferred matchup.

I mean, I'd obviously prefer the Bulls to be in a position to be competing for the title, but that's just not realistic right now, so Spurs-Celtics is this year's "if not my favourite team, then them" preference for me.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:05 am

Boston Celtics remaining schedule

The games I put in BOLD, are games I think we win.

Wed, Mar 15 vs Minnesota

Fri, Mar 17 @ Brooklyn

Sun, Mar 19 @ Philadelphia

Mon, Mar 20 vs Washington

Wed, Mar 22 vs Indiana

Fri, Mar 24 vs Phoenix

Sun, Mar 26 vs Miami

Wed, Mar 29 vs Milwaukee

Fri, Mar 31 vs Orlando

Sun, Apr 2 @ NY Knicks

Wed, Apr 5 vs Cleveland

Thu, Apr 6 @ Atlanta

Sat, Apr 8 @ Charlotte

Mon, Apr 10 vs Brooklyn

Wed, Apr 12 vs Milwaukee

This would have us finish the season at 52-30.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:43 pm

Welp, I was already wrong about the first game. The Wolves have been on a role, thought we were going to drop this one tonight

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:52 pm

Big W vs the Wizards last night. I was reading an article on RedsArmy called "Green Envy", it captures what the opposing teams fans/bloggers say about the Celtics. It seems that most people in Washington don't even think they are on the Celtics level.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:46 am

How about this bad blood between those 2 teams? I'd love to see these 2 face off in the playoffs
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:49 am

air gordon wrote:How about this bad blood between those 2 teams? I'd love to see these 2 face off in the playoffs

Agreed, love seeing that in the NBA. Wizards and Celtics hate eachother.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:58 am

Its a great matchup

Wizards offense is great but not playoff tested and their defense stinks

Very interested to see how IT plays in the postseason
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:19 am

Being a Celtics fan... I do NOT want to see Celtics vs Heat in the first round. That scares the crap out of me.

We may get that #1 seed, but I think a series against the heat is 50-50 the way they have played the second half of the season.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:21 am

I don't think anyone wants to face the heat in the 1st round.

I'd love to see the bulls against the Celtics. Great narratives of Rondo against his former team and also the butler possibility of being in Boston next year
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:38 am

So, do you trade the pick? What would you guys like to see the Celtics do in the offseason?

I am completely torn, I actually have to admit that I am find of Fultz now... his upside is tremendous...

Do you think the Cavs moving will be 100% moving Love. and that Boston has a good play for him?

The Hayward situation? Blake Griffin?

So much going on... if I was Ainge I'd be losing my mind.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:38 am

Who would you want to get for the number one pick? It's obviously not something to give up too readily.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:50 pm

the celtics trading the pick would be the dumbest thing ever. like i said before, there is not a single player in the nba that makes us good enough to win the championship right now so why throw away the future? what would the goal of trading the pick be? coming in 2nd place at best and even that is a long shot. sure there is no guarantee that the top pick will be a career all star but i want them to take the chance he will be so we will be ready to win when someone else in this league can actually win. if i am the celtics i trade thomas instead of letting him walk because there is no fucking way i max the dude
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Sauru wrote:there is not a single player in the nba that makes us good enough to win the championship right now

LeBron James. Hater! :evil:

But yeah, fair point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:18 pm

lebron dont even make us a champion. maybe if we can get lebron,kyrie,love for the 1st pick then maybe but probably still no lol
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Trade the 1st pick, Tim Duncan is not going through that door.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:21 pm

too soon
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:15 am

Here is my opinion...

I think you keep Fultz, because with his enormous upside... I just don't see him being a big risk. I wasn't sold at first, but after watching a bunch of full games of him playing, his ceiling is so high. He has amazing body control, he is really good at creating space, he's confident as all hell, he is very athletic (more athletic than I originally thought), his finishing around the rim will translate very well to the NBA. I don't care that his team had a losing record, it impacts my opinion ZERO. When you put his talent, his skillset, with the right group around him, I bet he will be great.

If I had to forecast him as a comparison, MAX I would hope for a more athletic Chris Paul, MIN Jeff Teague. Again, that's what I hope. We have no idea what's going to happen. I think the big thing with a talent like Fultz, is that he gets the opportunity (Minutes) early on, so he can make mistakes and learn from them.

I say keep the pick.

I also want to see a big jump from Jaylen Brown, who showed flashed of how good he could be in the league.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:28 am

Sauru wrote:the celtics trading the pick would be the dumbest thing ever. like i said before, there is not a single player in the nba that makes us good enough to win the championship right now so why throw away the future? what would the goal of trading the pick be? coming in 2nd place at best and even that is a long shot. sure there is no guarantee that the top pick will be a career all star but i want them to take the chance he will be so we will be ready to win when someone else in this league can actually win. if i am the celtics i trade thomas instead of letting him walk because there is no fucking way i max the dude

If the Celtics sign Hayward outright, draft fultz, cash in their serviceable assets (add Brooklyn pick if necessary ) for a legit frontcourt player, the Celtics would be contenders for sure
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:39 am

Not sold on idea Hayward makes the Celtics any better than Isaiah. But perhaps Hayward's best years are ahead while Isaiah has reached his peak.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:16 am

Maybe the mods could merge this thread and this viewtopic.php?p=779674

For the continuity. And Jao.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:20 am

shadowgrin wrote:Maybe the mods could merge this thread and this viewtopic.php?p=779674

For the continuity. And Jao.

My bad, I created this one. I looked and didn't see a Boston Celtics thread already. Completely didn't see Joa's.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:52 am

Nah no worries, I remembered there was a Celtics thread, used forum search but I barely found it myself, had to repeatedly tweak the search functions just to narrow the search results. Found 3, one was locked, one was mostly a spam thread, and that one by Jao.

Up to the moderators anyway if they'll merge or the current thread stays as the new one for everything Celtics.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball