Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby JaoSming on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:14 am

Sauru wrote:i would be satisfied to say the least if the celtics could land a top 3 pick 2 years in a row

So, with the deadline this week, try to "win now" by giving up one or both picks, or wait it out and hope IT & friends are somewhat still together and playing well in 2-5 years.
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Sauru on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:31 am

JaoSming wrote:
Sauru wrote:i would be satisfied to say the least if the celtics could land a top 3 pick 2 years in a row

So, with the deadline this week, try to "win now" by giving up one or both picks, or wait it out and hope IT & friends are somewhat still together and playing well in 2-5 years.

there is no win it now situation for the celtics. we could add any player in the league and still dont win. i am also not sold on thomas being a long term superstar. the celtics entered rebuilding mode and are well ahead of the game. why throw it away just to maybe beat the cavs and earn the right to lose in the finals? thats a big maybe by the way. i think adding butler we still dont make the finals
Last edited by Sauru on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sauru

Postby big-shot-ROB on Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:41 pm

Sauru wrote:
JaoSming wrote:

there is no win it now situation for the celtics. we could add any player in the league and still dont win. i am also not sold on thomas being a long term superstar. the celtics entered rebuilding mode and are well ahead of the game. why throw it away just to maybe beat the cavs and earn the right to lose in the finals? thats a big maybe by the way. i think adding butler we will dont make the finals

+1.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:45 pm

See, you're assuming they'd have to give up those Brooklyn picks for Butler. This is GarPax we're talking about; at most, the Celtics would have to give up a second rounder, a first rounder with so much protection they won't end up actually having to give it to the Bulls, and the worst contract they've got.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
That's a bad luck number.
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:10 am

Sauru wrote:
JaoSming wrote:

there is no win it now situation for the celtics. we could add any player in the league and still dont win. i am also not sold on thomas being a long term superstar. the celtics entered rebuilding mode and are well ahead of the game. why throw it away just to maybe beat the cavs and earn the right to lose in the finals? thats a big maybe by the way. i think adding butler we will dont make the finals

Some good points here. A few things to consider-
What to do with IT if you don't think he's a superstar?? He's due for a big payday after next and will be turning 29.
How long will Horford stay productive? Will he still be at a starter level player when the celts are ready to contend?
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:40 am

I'm glad we didn't make a move for Boogie. He hasn't had a 30 win season in 5 years, an overall win % of .353 since 2011, and I do think he had some talent around him at times. They went through numerous coaches, and he was still uncoachable. I personally think he's a cancer to a team, and I don't think he would fit in well with Boston. I personally just don't think he's a winner. Christ, I think I read that if he gets one more T he is suspended for a playoff game, a contender can't have that.

I do think Butler fits in better, and if we could swing Butler and a player like Noel, I do think we can possibly get to the finals (but gsw would still be a tall order).

Honestly, I'm starting to wonder if we just finish with what we have and see what happens next year. I think Ainge did the right thing by not pushing for a Cousins deal.

We need backup for IT in scoring, I agree. The end of the Bulls game bothered me, because he got blocked right underneath the hoop and chucked up an air ball, all because the attention was exclusively on him and he was trying to do everything.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:25 am

Andrew wrote:See, you're assuming they'd have to give up those Brooklyn picks for Butler. This is GarPax we're talking about; at most, the Celtics would have to give up a second rounder, a first rounder with so much protection they won't end up actually having to give it to the Bulls, and the worst contract they've got.

ok if we are adding butler without losing the picks then we can talk. personally i would not mind moving thomas for butler (to answeer gordon) since we will probably be getting either fultz or ball in the draft. also i agree, i am happy we did not bring cousins in
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:13 am

A few bags of popcorn and a couple of leftover Celtic Pride DVDs. That'll probably get the Butler deal done, knowing GarPax.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:42 am

i dont think the negotiations will get serious until Ainge is willing to put at least one of the picks in the deal. no sense in doing the deal for the bulls.

IT is great but i don't see the it happening for both sides with him in the deal.

honestly dont think anythings happening until the offseason. bulls brass wants to make the playoffs and its a wiser move to make a deal for the pick when you know which pick it is
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:50 am

Brooklyn's pick would be awesome. But I would want more than that for Jimmy Butler. Hopely Garpax can squeeze out little more if the deal goes through. IT + Brookly's pick would make my day. Let's go.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:57 am

be great for the bulls but i don't see how that betters the Celts for a title run if they are including IT in a deal

i'm curious to see how this goes down. how patient does Ainge remain and how will negotiations go with a team that's not run by Mchale?? what we need is atlanta or toronto to make another trade to put some pressure on Ainge to make a deal
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Yeah, it's a wishful thinking.

I think Jaylen Brown + couple picks + filler(Amir?) for Jimmy would work. That would be win for the Celtics as they have a legit shot this year. But that also would mean Bulls entering rebuilding mode. It would be nice to watch Jaylen leading the rebuilding Bulls team. I would like Wade to be traded to a playoffs team tho if anything like that happens.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:39 pm

sorry i don't think anyone's trading for wade's salary if he opts in. i know its a clownhouse in chicago but would he really walk away from 20+ million?

don't know much about brown. enlighten me lol
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:48 pm

i would be pissed if the celtics made any of these deals being mentioned here. i only hope ainge is smart enough to see that there is 0% chance of the celtics winning it all this season so he decides to play the long game. we are in this spot because brooklyn went for it, i dont want to see the celtics make the same mistake
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:54 pm

Do you honestly think Boston will get Butler without trading the 2017 pick and 1 or 2 of smart, brown, Crowder?

Sorry this isn't Brooklyn or McHale you're dealing with.
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby NovU on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Fair point. gordie

CHI management seems to be in tough position because doing anything drastic would mean admitting to a failure.

Sauru wrote:play the long game.

What exactly is this long game?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:20 pm

air gordon wrote:Do you honestly think Boston will get Butler without trading the 2017 pick and 1 or 2 of smart, brown, Crowder?

Sorry this isn't Brooklyn or McHale you're dealing with.

not at all which is why i dont want to make the deal at all. i prefer to move thomas while his value is high and avoid another rondo situation.
Sauru

Postby Sauru on Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 pm

NovU wrote:

building a team that can compete for championships for several years. 3-4 years from now when this years rookies will really start to come into their own is when lebron will be past his prime and the warriors will have broken up. it will be the perfect time for the celtics to step in and start winning some more rings. trying to win this year at the expense of the future is stupid as shit unless you are the warriors/cavs
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:17 am

Sauru wrote:
NovU wrote:

building a team that can compete for championships for several years. 3-4 years from now when this years rookies will really start to come into their own is when lebron will be past his prime and the warriors will have broken up. it will be the perfect time for the celtics to step in and start winning some more rings. trying to win this year at the expense of the future is stupid as shit unless you are the warriors/cavs

With all due respect, I think you are being dramatic. You stated above that we have a 0% chance to win this year no matter who we get, and I completely disagree with that. I think that's a major exaggeration. Cleveland in January was a huge flop (7-8), they were playing bad basketball, and Lebron had a fit. It takes getting Cleveland frustrated, and they could certainly drop a series. It also could take an injury (For example, Love being out or not at 100%) for a series to turn. So, I think the Celtics are in a possible "We can pull this off this year" mode, and I see where they are coming from if that's the thought process. Also, the Warriors don't look as good to me this year watching them, Green/Durant chemistry isn't good (numerous times screaming at eachother during timeouts and on the floor), and Steph isn't back to his old self yet. And remember, Steph was hurt in last years finals, and all's it takes is someone to be banged up.

I am not throwing the towel in on this season, I want to make a serious run, and I think the Celtics front office has that in mind. This doesn't mean we have to destroy our future. If we decide to make a move, it could involve one pick and a young player sure, but we will still be young and have the ability to grow. The 0% chance comment is not accurate.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:34 am

I can see where Sauru is coming from. It sucks to put together a really good squad, only to have them peak at a time when another team is ruling the roost, as opposed to coming into their own when the field seems more wide open. Of course, there's no guarantee that patience will result in the latter, and you have to take opportunities when they fall into your lap.

As much as I don't want to see the Bulls trade Butler, and at the same time want them to get as much as possible for him if they are indeed hell bent on doing so, from the Celtics perspective, if they can get him without sacrificing all their picks and a vital player, it'd be foolish not to seriously entertain such a deal.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Fair point Sauru, mostly because superstars come with hefty price tag in this league. The Celtics are going to have to give up a lot to land one, unless get lucky with a desperate team with unhappy superstar.

But I gotta add playing card of Celtics' stockpile of pick drafting is still a low probability game. Every team knows you can't win a championship without at least one superstar on the team. Drafting is just one way to get them. Keeping/Developing them adds to the story too. Also what guarantee is there, there won't be no dominant team after LBJ or Curry era and you timely have the superstars ready to go by then.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:54 am

With the Pistons shopping Andre Drummond, and me realizing that he's only 23, I am actually intrigued. That's the age of some rookies who spent 4 years in college, and this is now his 5th year in the league. Hes averaging his highest RPG per 36 minutes (16.4), and he can put the ball in the basket. While his FT shooting is woeful, I think his upside is really high. Do we really see anybody in next years draft turning into Andre Drummond in the form of a dominant rebounding big? He's also been free of injuries, and has not had any reputation issues.

If I were Danny, and could swing Drummond and a scorer, I would have to strongly consider those moves. At first I balked at the idea of Drummond, but getting Drummond doesn't set us back at all, hes freakin 23 years old and averaging 14.6 PPG, 13.8 RPG, 1.7 SPG and 1.2 BPG and shooting over 52% from the floor this season. He also gives Horford the ability to comfortably play on that high post. I would rather have a big like Drummond who can gobble up offensive boards than one who is hanging out at the perimeter as a stretch big.

Thoughts?

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby air gordon on Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:39 am

I agree with Dee. Celts have a chance. Why are teams so scared of the cavs and or warriors?

Celts playing with house $. As novu said it's hard to get a superstar. Thomas contract being up next year and big al still useful, why not go for it (and then get bogut)

Drummond is an interesting acquisition. They def need the rebounding and rim protection
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:29 pm

i dont think its a matter of being scared of those two teams its a matter of reality. if KD would have signed with boston i would be here saying send every pick we got away and lets win it this season but since it didnt go that way i am saying i rather them be patient. we are still a head of schedule on the rebuild
Sauru

Postby NovU on Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:49 pm

LoL. Drummond after all these years still can't make 1/2 the free throws. Where is benji now?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:09 am

NovU wrote:LoL. Drummond after all these years still can't make 1/2 the free throws. Where is benji now?

How can you possibly judge a Center completely on his bad free throw shooting? I take his upsides (which are MANY) over his free throw shooting woes. Shaq/Wilt/Russell were also bad free throw shooters. Drummond is only 23, 5th year in the league, averaging 17PPG/16RPG/2.0 SPG and 1.5 BPG per 36 minutes while shooting almost 53% from the floor, and never being hurt.

His upsides are enormous. I make a move on Drummond if I am the Celtics.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:39 am

Sauru wrote:i dont think its a matter of being scared of those two teams its a matter of reality. if KD would have signed with boston i would be here saying send every pick we got away and lets win it this season but since it didnt go that way i am saying i rather them be patient. we are still a head of schedule on the rebuild

So what's the "plan"? Assuming celts stand pat and they end up with ball or faulz or whichever freshman guard. That's at least 3yrs until they are ready to contribute.

Meanwhile what happens with Bradley & IT after next year when they are free agents?

Juat saying.... ainge has done a good job accumulating assets but it looks like it getting close to having to cash them in. Make use of Johnson and jerebko's expiring salary
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:07 am

Heres whats funny, I am hearing some people who have said "Nobody can beat Cleveland or GSW this year" be the same people who are saying that the Raptors getting Ibaka and now PJ Tucker "Have a good chance to compete". Make up your mind people, those two teams can absolutely be competed with this year.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:22 am

Dee4Three wrote:Heres whats funny, I am hearing some people who have said "Nobody can beat Cleveland or GSW this year" be the same people who are saying that the Raptors getting Ibaka and now PJ Tucker "Have a good chance to compete". Make up your mind people, those two teams can absolutely be competed with this year.

It seems to be a common thread these days, irreconcilable points of view. For example, some will assert that LeBron making six straight NBA Finals has pushed him past MJ and all others, but at the same time, they'll talk about how weak and irrelevant the East is; the latter kind of diminishes the impressiveness of the former, if true. The Draft Lottery is also rigged so that about five different teams are winning it, and if the team you like most doesn't win the Lottery, that's proof of the corruption right there.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:26 am

Andrew wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:Heres whats funny, I am hearing some people who have said "Nobody can beat Cleveland or GSW this year" be the same people who are saying that the Raptors getting Ibaka and now PJ Tucker "Have a good chance to compete". Make up your mind people, those two teams can absolutely be competed with this year.

It seems to be a common thread these days, irreconcilable points of view. For example, some will assert that LeBron making six straight NBA Finals has pushed him past MJ and all others, but at the same time, they'll talk about how weak and irrelevant the East is; the latter kind of diminishes the impressiveness of the former, if true. The Draft Lottery is also rigged so that about five different teams are winning it, and if the team you like most doesn't win the Lottery, that's proof of the corruption right there.

Dun dun dunnnn...

phpBB [video]

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:04 am

If I don't like the result, or the result was in any way fortuitous, it's rigged. Wake up, sheeple!

Anyway, the Celtics stood pat at the deadline. Thoughts?

Andrew
Administrator

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:03 am

Quite disappointed with Ainge seeing what was the expense team paid for Cousins or Noel. I guess Ainge wanted to keep the picks away from any negotiation and any team was not going to begin trade talks if the picks were not in the conversation. I think either the assets the Celtics had were too good for teams not to demand them or Ainge is completly useless and might want thought about retiring.

Cousins for Hield?
Noel for Anderson and Bogut?
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby air gordon on Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:48 am

It makes more sense to make a deal involving the nets 2017 pick when they know the actual pick

I don't think you can fault ainge yet

Toronto definitely improved. The Tucker acquisition was a solid move
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby JaoSming on Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:58 am

I'm happy
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Sauru on Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 pm

i can honestly say you will find no such comment anywhere from me. only way the cavs do not make the finals is through injuries

edit: i am very happy with how today went
Sauru

Postby NovU on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:24 pm

air gordon wrote:
Sauru wrote:i dont think its a matter of being scared of those two teams its a matter of reality. if KD would have signed with boston i would be here saying send every pick we got away and lets win it this season but since it didnt go that way i am saying i rather them be patient. we are still a head of schedule on the rebuild

So what's the "plan"? Assuming celts stand pat and they end up with ball or faulz or whichever freshman guard. That's at least 3yrs until they are ready to contribute.

Meanwhile what happens with Bradley & IT after next year when they are free agents?

Juat saying.... ainge has done a good job accumulating assets but it looks like it getting close to having to cash them in. Make use of Johnson and jerebko's expiring salary

If the plan is to become a contender, it's gotta be noted it's much much easier to build a contender from a winning team than a total loser. People mistake lottery for years = eventually a contender by somehow hitting a LBJ but nothing could be further from the truth.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:18 am

NovU wrote:
air gordon wrote:

If the plan is to become a contender, it's gotta be noted it's much much easier to build a contender from a winning team than a total loser. People mistake lottery for years = eventually a contender by somehow hitting a LBJ but nothing could be further from the truth.

yeah its easier to do that but the question remains of what is the plan? i guess we'll just wait for a celtic fan to answer it/pass along what some beat writer wrote
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:04 am

I don't think Fultz is the answer, or our future, same with Ball. I don't think this draft class is as loaded as people are saying. I also don't like the idea of getting another small guard if we are continuing to hang on to Thomas and continue to make him one of the focal points of the offense.

JaoSming says he is happy, I guess I could say I am content for now. I would have pushed for Drummond (Not sure what mr. Van Gundy was after for him, but I am guessing it was a high asking price). But it seems like those talks (If they were had) didn't go anywhere.

But to say that Cleveland and GSW are unbeatable, I can't get on board with that. I have seen both of those teams play some pretty bad basketball at points (First half last night the Warriors looked horrendous vs the Clippers). It's a failing mindset , also not realistic mindset, to say that the second best record in the Eastern Conference has no chance to win it. Nobody thought the Nuggets had a chance in hell against the Sonics in the early 90's, nobody thought the Warriors would upset the Jazz in the mid 2000's, this stuff happens in sports.

Also, what I do like about this trade deadline, is that the Celtics were the focal point. Teams are watching us, Execs are watching us, they recognize that not only do we have the draft picks, but we have a lot of young and capable assets, and a fantastic coach. Also, with all the rumblings about how crappy some of the ownerships are for small and big market teams, I will certainly take Ainge for what he is. I think he does a good job, and doesn't make any moves that would jeopardize our future.

The future is bright for us. I like what the C's are doing.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:32 am

air gordon wrote:
NovU wrote:
air gordon wrote:

yeah its easier to do that but the question remains of what is the plan? i guess we'll just wait for a celtic fan to answer it/pass along what some beat writer wrote

i cant say exactly what the plan is since i dont work for the celtics but i would guess right now the plan is to not over pay for a player. me personally i still dont see thomas as a long term option so i want to see them build around someone else. i would love if we could some how get gordon hayward this off season and then figure out what to do. we can trade whoever we draft after we draft them. i want to select first and then see how free agency goes. if we can land a top free agent then trade the player who will have just as much value then as he does now. this also allows us to trade for a player who will fit the team after we land a free agent instead of having to find a free agent to fit in after the trade.

basically i see zero reason to rush anything right now
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:06 am

Sauru wrote:

i cant say exactly what the plan is since i dont work for the celtics but i would guess right now the plan is to not over pay for a player. me personally i still dont see thomas as a long term option so i want to see them build around someone else. i would love if we could some how get gordon hayward this off season and then figure out what to do. we can trade whoever we draft after we draft them. i want to select first and then see how free agency goes. if we can land a top free agent then trade the player who will have just as much value then as he does now. this also allows us to trade for a player who will fit the team after we land a free agent instead of having to find a free agent to fit in after the trade.

basically i see zero reason to rush anything right now

yeah but you post in a video game message board so your opinion counts more than the celts organization

hayward would be good. is it likely he would leave the jazz and take less to come to boston? other FA's- http://hoopshype.com/2017/01/25/nba-fre ... p-players/
Griffin? Noel? Derrick Favors? none of those guys will come cheap

going off the not overpay plan, so trade bradley and IT this offseason?

i'm on board with trading the pick.

i think the celts are in a good situation and are in no rush per say but as i have alluded to in the previous posts, they are going to make some big decisions very soon. and it's a peculiar situation since they don't have a legit #1 scoring option (if you're in the camp of IT not being a long term asset) to build around.
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:45 am

i have no problem trading the player we receive from the pick, i just wanted to keep the pick as we have absolute zero chance of winning it all this season. the only way waiting back fires is if we land the 3rd pick. i prefer to see how free agency goes and then figure out what to do with whoever we draft. a lot like the cavs with wiggins and lebron.

not sure we can get hayward but it would be a best case scenario for me this off season. i look at the celtics and i cant help but think of how good they would have been for the next several years if KD joined us. also on top of that no one would have said KD took the cowards way out. when he gets his ring it wont mean shit to most people but if he had won with the celtics it would have because no one considered them as a real treat. oh well
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:56 am

Need to get over KD already!
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:14 am

Yeah, the KD ship has sailed.

I'm nervous about Horfords lack of intensity on the Offensive end lately. Sometimes he goes a lengthy amount of time without even touching the ball, and when he does, he is really passive. I knew with him coming to us that he wasn't going to be a super aggressive offensive threat... but I also didn't expect him to completely disappear on the offensive end.

I also don't like that down the stretch we look lost trying to find shots. Sometimes we seem to play like we all have ADD (FRANTIC basketball). We need poise. One thing that separates the Raptors and us is poise. I feel like when I watch Toronto, they have a good idea of what they are going to do down the stretch, and the players seem to pace themselves in a more calm/confident tone.

We look frantic as hell sometimes.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:18 am

i more brought up KD from his perspective. him winning with the warrios amounts to nothing. him winning with anyone else would have meant something.
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:42 am

Big win last night. Loved seeing Crowder/Bradley/Horford with clutch moments down the stretch.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:36 am

Sauru wrote:
JaoSming wrote:

there is no win it now situation for the celtics. we could add any player in the league and still dont win. i am also not sold on thomas being a long term superstar. the celtics entered rebuilding mode and are well ahead of the game. why throw it away just to maybe beat the cavs and earn the right to lose in the finals? thats a big maybe by the way. i think adding butler we still dont make the finals

Exactly....I love what Ainge is doing. He's thinking long-term and setting Boston up to take over the east once LeBron starts to decline.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:11 am

As much as I like Kelly Olynyks offensive prowess, his lack of boxing out really bugs me. For a guy like him who is limited athletically compared to others in the league, he needs to be boxing out every possession, because he isn't going to get rebounds just based off of his athleticism.

He killed us last night because he was getting outrebounded...

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:32 am

LOL at the ending to that suns game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Optimist
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:14 am

[Q] wrote:LOL at the ending to that suns game

Horrible. I don't like the defensive lineup Stevens had on the floor either at the end. He had Jae Crowder at center.. so as soon as Bledsoe turned the corner to the hoop (Getting passed his first defender, to tie the game) he only had to finish it on Rozier (Who didn't do anything but stand under the hoop), and Crowder. I would have liked to maybe see Zeller in down the stretch, SOMEBODY big enough to protect the hoop.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:11 am

Some food for thought...

Is IT leading the league in 4th qtr scoring actually a bad thing for the celts?? They are in so many close games/ grind it out contests.

My guess is they are outside the top 10 in point differential
Fire GarPax
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball