Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 am

air gordon wrote:
Sauru wrote:[
what you are saying is coaching has no effect on the game and its 100% on the players?

you tell me. what makes a coach a good coach? specifically a championship level coach.

What do YOU think makes a championship level coach. What qualities do YOU think they should have, Air Gordon?
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Sauru on Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:11 am

NovU wrote: Gordon's injury offered opportunities for the team, and they took full advantage of it.

i agree with this 100%. i actually said (even though i hated saying it) at the time of his injury that this is simply the best possible time for an injury like this to happen. we are not winning it this year even with hayward so him going down only gives more time for our young guys to gain experience. the celtics are set up for future years and if guys like brown continue to improve at such a rate we will be damn hard to stop. gonna be damn hard to keep them all also
Sauru

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:24 pm

Dallas is going to end the streak tonight

We were up by 15, and Smart kept jacking shots up, literally 1-9 from three. He is playing putrid basketball. If there's one knock I have on Stevens, it's him allowing Smart to be the offensive go to with the second unit. Smart literally shoots an average about 2 for 10 every game, this game it was our undoing. Marcus, stick to what you are good at, STOP SHOOTING SO MUCH.

Offensively, the Mavs are just continually going to mismatches (like Tatum guarding Dirk, and Barnes being guarded by Irving).

As I type this, Smart fouled JJ on a three.

I'll be shocked if we win this one.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:06 pm

KYRIE FUCKING IRVING!!!

16/22 from the floor, 5-7 threes, 47 points. Jayson Tatum was also really clutch on the boards in OT, and scoring in the 4th.

We didn't deserve this one, but damn what a finish.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Every streak has its close calls and lucky breaks until it finally ends. As it stands, the run continues. Looking at the schedule, they've got a good chance of tacking on a couple more. If not, sixteen in a row is still impressive, and they're a team to watch.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Courtesy of Bleacher Report:

Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:34 am

And via ESPN:

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:58 pm

Nice work by Miami to end the streak. Waiters is so good when he's on, Dragic solid per usual.

Tatum with the good performance, but us getting down every game by double digits and winning couldn't be sustained.

Let's see how we deal with our next game after a loss.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:14 pm

I mentioned the streak, so as always, I take full responsibility for it ending. If it's any consolation, I've jinxed the Bulls far more often in recent years.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:04 am

I continually (On here and on Facebook) talked about how bad I wanted the Celtics to go after Drummond in the offseason, rumors were swirling at one point. Last night is why.

And his improved free throw shooting is just the icing on the cake. He is in his 5th year in the league, only 24. A stud defensively, a stud on the boards, moves in the post, and can run the floor very very well. We had no answer for him last night.

Tobias Harris was awesome, we couldn't seem to match his energy. He was all over the floor, he was so confident with his shot.

The Pistons are well coached, I feel like they may be the best coached team at this point that the Celtics have played. They went to mismatches at every chance, they were running constant screens for Bradley and Harris to curl, defensively they had the right people on the right guys at all times. They look motivated and well balanced. If they can stay the course, they could be really dangerous in the post season. I certainly wouldn't want to face them in the playoffs.

Celtics played some solid defense in this one, but the Pistons when they are rolling are really tough to stop. Celtics also had some questionable shots down the stretch, and we were almost bailed out by Smart's three's (Yes, Smarts three's).

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball