Boston Celtics Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Boston Celtics Thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:24 pm

It's a one day contract. It doesn't impact them at all in the long run.

Technically, he will retire a Celtic, because the signing is still official. It may seem silly, but I think it's an appropriate ceremonial gesture. They came to a parting of the ways because they were rebuilding and he wasn't done playing, but he was always going to be remembered as a Celtic. Granted, I think a homecoming like there was with KG in Minnesota is a better scenario, and I suppose you could say that's a more "legitimate" way of ending your career back with a team, but I have no problem with it. It's a reconciliatory gesture as much as anything, something that gives the people involved a sense of closure that they wanted. Where's the harm?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Orange Juice, haha!
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:48 am

NovU wrote:Ungrateful bastards. Ray was a major reason they won a ship, perhaps the most important part in their run.

of course ray was a big part of the celtics championship but it no way was he the most important part however the fans did not break the relationship, he did. if that bitch wants loyalty he needs to give it.
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Tue Aug 15, 2017 6:37 am

Sauru wrote:pretty sure bradley is gone anyway next season and we aint winning it all this year so i would trade bradley and keep the young guys. then again i am still of the mind set to trade thomas instead of paying him so what do i know

Sauru wrote:then again i am still of the mind set to trade thomas instead of paying him so what do i know

Perhaps IT won't get the brinks truck of $ he's asking for?

Sorry for digging this one up btw. Dunc'd podcast did an off season grade pod recently and surprisingly ainge was given a C.....

IT continues to have terrific seasons but will the market create the max he wants? Especially when you consider his size, playing style, and age. Maybe he has some leverage since the Celtics drafted Tate instead of fultz but smart is still around
Fire GarPax
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball