Shaq is no longer a fan of DeAndre Jordan

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Shaq is no longer a fan of DeAndre Jordan

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:43 am

Shaq on DeAndre Jordan: ‘You put him in Milwaukee, you’ll never hear from him again.’

Shaquille O’Neal is not the biggest fan of Los Angeles Clippers center DeAndre Jordan, who he blasted Thursday night on national television during a segment on TNT’s Inside the NBA.

“He plays for a good team,” O’Neal said. “You put him in Milwaukee, you’ll never hear from him again.”

Shaq and host Ernie Johnson revealed the bottom half of their Top 25 player rankings, and EJ ranked Jordan as the 13th best player in the league — ahead of Sacramento’s DeMarcus Cousins, who he ranked 15th. Shaq had Jordan ranked 23rd and Boogie 12th.

Around this time two years ago, Shaq thought the world of Jordan

The Clippers center was not selected as an All-Star starter in 2015, but O’Neal penciled him in as a reserve, while Chuck, Kenny, and EJ left Jordan off their lists.

"That's pretty cool, that's humbling,” Jordan said, according to the Los Angeles Times. “Shaq to me is one of the most dominant players who's ever played the game. So for him to think about me in that light is pretty cool."

If you go even further back, Shaq considered Jordan the best center in the league in 2012, though at the time, the compliment may have been a dig at Dwight Howard.

"I’m going on the record," O'Neal said, per the L.A. Times, when Jordan averaged 8.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, and 1.4 blocks. "Best center in the West right now is DeAndre Jordan. You heard it here first."

I guess now that Jordan has continued to establish himself, he's no longer fodder for Shaq to take shots at other people, but someone he has to give genuine credit to. I'd hoped some of the pettiness Shaq had as a player would have evaporated as he got older and more experienced in his role with TNT, but I guess not. Also worth noting he's a minority owner of the Sacramento Kings, so DeMarcus Cousins' ranking probably didn't help.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Shaq is no longer a fan of DeAndre Jordan

Postby Murat on Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:51 am

he can't stand centers who has a chance to pass him. that's not deandre jordan but he blasted on embiid too
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mp3 on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:14 am

I think it's the position that he feels he has enough credit to pass judgement on hence why McGee and Kendric Perkins always made it on shaqafool
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby I Hate Mondays on Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:27 am

Murat wrote:he can't stand centers who has a chance to pass him. that's not deandre jordan but he blasted on embiid too

Exactly. I still feel like he thinks low of Dwight Howard because he was named the next big thing for the Magic franchise back in the days. All those headlines with the same template "Can Dwight take Shaq's throne as the best center ever for the Magic?" didn't help either. He is a little bit too subjective for the national TV, but he has hilarious moments and his oppinions are fair when it comes to well..any other position but the Center position. At least he didn't place Marc Gasol on the top of the list as the best big man in the league like Barkley did, lol.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:33 pm

mp3 wrote:I think it's the position that he feels he has enough credit to pass judgement on hence why McGee and Kendric Perkins always made it on shaqafool

They do Shaqtin-worthy plays, they deserve it :lol:
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Sauru on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:23 am

i cant wait until shaq is off the show. the guy is horrible. you can never have a different opinion than him or he will start with insults/threats. his ego is out of control. every time barkley say something he tries to undermine it some way. the dude is total shit. i wish they would just drop him
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 04, 2017 9:30 am

Probably not going to happen. He's way too popular, and way too big of a name for them to dump him. I do agree, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball