Derrick Rose goes MIA

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Derrick Rose goes MIA

Postby Andrew on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:00 pm

That's missing in action, not a trade to the Heat. Not yet, anyway.

Story: Derrick Rose's game absence a surprise to Knicks

New York Knicks guard Derrick Rose did not attend the team’s 110-96 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans at Madison Square Garden on Monday night, which, league sources told The Vertical, was a surprise to Knicks officials.

Team officials were unable to reach Rose by phone – nor get answers from his closest confidants – in the immediate time prior to the opening tip, league sources told The Vertical.

Beyond Knicks officials, some close associates of Rose were unable to reach him on Monday, sources told The Vertical.

After the game, Joakim Noah told reporters that he spoke to Rose postgame and that the guard was OK.

Rose typically arrives at 5:30 p.m. for a 7:30 p.m. ET start, teammates say, and Rose hadn’t informed anyone with the Knicks that he might be late – or miss the game altogether, sources said.

The Knicks declared him “not with the team” prior to tipoff but offered no detail.

He also did attend the Knicks’ morning shootaround in suburban New York, sources said.

Rose, who’ll be a free agent this summer, has been increasingly frustrated with how this Knicks season has unfolded, culminating with him privately fuming over his diminished late-game role in Friday night’s victory in Milwaukee, sources said. Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek played undrafted rookie Ron Baker over Rose in the fourth quarter.

Rose’s relationship with Hornacek has been frayed in recent weeks, league sources told The Vertical.

Strange...and certainly unprofessional if he did so in a sulk.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Derrick Rose goes MIA

Postby air gordon on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:49 am

Another chapter in the bizarre life of DRose

That would be something if he was bought out/traded in a contract year
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:28 am

Apparently, it was indeed related to a family issue. Still, like I said in the Knicks thread, the professional thing to do would've been to notify them. One can sympathise as it sounds like his mother might be in poor health or something, but no matter what your job is, you inform them when stuff like that happens and you plan on being absent.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:01 am

Or a conspiracy theorist would say he was pouting after being benched and came up with an excuse that would keep him out of trouble.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:08 pm

That's certainly possible, too. In any case, he needs to handle his business better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Valor on Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:30 pm

As big of a Rose fan as I am, this is unacceptable behavior. Family issue or not, he could have easily just given them a call/text notifying them about it, no excuses there. People were worried about his safety until he bothered to return calls.

Don't buy the conspiracy thing, his actions in the last few years does indicate that he's the type to drop everything at once to go help/be with his family (talking about saving his knees for his son's graduation etc).

Hopefully this is a wake up call for him.
Valor
Fire GarPax

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:06 pm

Reports are stating that it had to do with his son. He was also reportedly in good spirits back at practice.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:04 pm

I read that it wasn't a medical emergency, but that he misses his son.
"That's the first time I ever felt like that emotionally, and I just had to be with them"
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:14 pm

Yeah, I don't know. It seems like they've smoothed it over, but he should handle his business better in the future. Hopefully he will.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Murat on Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:48 pm

This all started back in 2012 I guess, after Rose got injured. Waiting for next chapter...hope this ends in a good way
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:07 am

I don't even want Rose on this team anymore. The fact he's not being suspended shows you how piss-poor this organization is, and how desperate they are for wins to make the playoffs.

The circus continues.......
Jeffx

Postby Lamrock on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:55 am

Derrick Rose goes MIA, huh? What about Goran Dr-
Andrew wrote:That's missing in action, not a trade to the Heat.

Lamrock

Return to NBA & Basketball