Derek Fisher Interested in Comeback

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Derek Fisher Interested in Comeback

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:31 am

Yes, really.

Derek Fisher’s coaching career didn’t exactly work out as he planned — Phil Jackson gave him a job, then canned him just before the All-Star Game this year.

So now Fisher is thinking about playing again. At age 42 (as of next week).

He wouldn't be the first player to go from player to coach back to player again, as Magic Johnson did that with his retirement in 1991, coaching stint with the Lakers in 1994, and return to the Lakers in 1996. Magic was five years younger though, and seemingly still had more in the tank when he had that brief run in 1996 than Fisher likely has at age 42. As always, I say best of luck to him, he's welcome to try, but I don't see a lot of teams having much use for him.

Of course, he could feasibly see very little court time and simply act as a mentor and an extra assistant coach for a team, which could also be a path to landing another coaching gig. Still, that's a roster spot that could go to someone else, so I'm not sure how many teams would be all that interested.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Derek Fisher Interested in Comeback

Postby [Q] on Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:06 pm

Would be hilarious if the only team interested was the team that Matt Barnes is on
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:50 pm

I was thinking that, too. Great for chemistry!
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:04 am

Fight for the final roster spot lol
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to NBA & Basketball