Does Kevin Durant Hate America?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Does Kevin Durant Hate America?

Postby benji on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:23 pm

benji

Re: Does Kevin Durant Hate America?

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:43 pm

What an idiot
Durant is a huge Pac fan, I just learned. Biggie is his favorite but he is supremely impressed with Pac's mind at such a young age

How are you a Biggie fan but get a tattoo of Tupac on your leg?

Also, the picture of Crying Jordan on his leg was awesome
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:58 pm

[Q] wrote:What an idiot
How are you a Biggie fan but get a tattoo of Tupac on your leg?

This is a dude that joined a 73-4 team and talked about a challenge. Screw these guys.

Kevin Durant joins the all bitch team.

C - Howard
F - LeBron
F - Durant
G - Allen
G -

So now we wait for Chris Paul to join the Cavs to make the team complete.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:20 am

I'd say Westbrook could fill that spot for complaining that he doesn't get the ball enough because of Durant. Or Rondo for thinking he was better than Chris Paul because he was given a ring playing with 3 hall of famers

This would be like if an Apple fanboy got a giant tattoo of the windows logo
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:40 am

pretty sure this team is made up of players who ran to a better team and tried to win a cheap ring
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:24 am

Gary Payton*. That's the PG spot. Took me a bit to get there.

He gets an asterisk though. He was old as balls by the time anyways. Not in his prime joining up the Bulls/Rockets.
Jackal

Postby atlwarrior on Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:04 am

Oh gosh he got a rap artist tattoo. What a terrorist!!!

atlwarrior

Postby benji on Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:03 pm

No, he got an ungodly hideous tattoo that covers his entire calf. The Tupac and Wutang parts just make it worse.
benji

Postby atlwarrior on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:14 am

Yeah it's a weird tattoo I agree. Think we all know Durant is a dweeb by now. This is the same guy who dogged LeBron for joining the Heat, worked out with him the next summer and did exactly what he criticized him for but worse. Durant is a confused child. He hasn't grown up yet. Leg sleeve tattoos are also not ok where Durant is from. It's whatever though I guess this is what he calls "spreading his wings" so I just let him do him.
atlwarrior

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:37 pm

Now we know why we got those ugly KD leg sleeves as a bonus in 2K15.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Phil89 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:41 pm

Dommy73 wrote:Now we know why we got those ugly KD leg sleeves as a bonus in 2K15.

He only gets tattoos where he can hide them so that he can keep his "good guy" image going.

My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 26, 2016 12:19 pm

Its kinda funny ppl who rooted for the Thunder in their finals against LBJ have now completely shut down on KD.

I'm just excited to see the Warriors next season. What KD did was well within his right. Seems he is eager to win at any cost. Gonna be fun to watch the guy regardless how it goes down. Good for the league I gotta add. Any attention is good thing.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:17 pm

By the same token though, you've got Warriors fans who bagged him out and called him a choker after the Western Conference Finals celebrating his arrival and taunting other fans about how he's going to make them unstoppable. Opinions of him have certainly changed.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:53 am

Isnt anyone else excited to see the GSW now tho? 2 of the league's top 5 players are on the same team. Usually it equates to something great. I have huge expectations for this team now. Anything short of 1 or 2 rings in next 2 seasons would be a tragedy. Let's see what comes out of this summer's the Decision.

It would be cool to see matching rival teams like the Spurs or Cavs upgraded too but seems little has been done so far. Perhaps the Bulls can join this deadly rivalry? I can only hope...
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:19 pm

I'm not particularly thrilled or excited, no. I mean, I suppose there is some intrigue there, but the stacked nature of the team and the lack of competition leaves me a bit disenchanted and disinterested, to be completely honest.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:24 pm

NovU wrote:Isnt anyone else excited to see the GSW now tho?

Andrew wrote:I'm not particularly thrilled or excited, no. I mean, I suppose there is some intrigue there, but the stacked nature of the team and the lack of competition leaves me a bit disenchanted and disinterested, to be completely honest.

My fear is that the NBA will become as boring and predictable as Formula 1 has been over the past 2 or 3 years, with only one team having a chance of winning.

NovU wrote:2 of the league's top 5 players are on the same team. Usually it equates to something great.

It only produced one finals appearance for the Thunder. Maybe the Warriors will have better luck with injuries though.
My Stories
Phil89

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:57 pm

I dont know. There always have been super teams more so than not in any era. Everyone knew the Bulls Jordan was gonna rape everyone else. That era was shit maybe. How about Shaq's Lakers, or Celtics with Bill Russell that carried entire roster of HOF.

Phil. Westbrook, he's never been a top 5 in my book.

Transcendental players like KD and LBJ are truly rare. Seeing them in entirely different roster, to me, makes things more interesting next year. Think about last year's offseason it was little boring as Greg Monroe signing was the biggest FA movement. Darn.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:06 pm

There have been powerful teams in the past, but there's also been more competition, more parity; a handful of elite teams that could feasibly contend, and have epic clashes with one another. Right now, it feels like the only teams of relevance are the Warriors and Cavs, who will meet twice during the regular season, and most likely again in June 2017, a little under a year from now.

I've also come to realise that I don't find the Warriors' brand of basketball all that entertaining. I'm not saying it isn't impressive or effective, but to be honest, watching a team stand around the perimeter and pot three-pointer after three-pointer just doesn't appeal to me. I also find the team very unlikeable and obnoxious these days, so I really can't enjoy them. I'm not saying others can't or shouldn't, but I'm personally not over the moon about it. Like I said, there's naturally some intrigue there, but I wouldn't say that it makes things more interesting or exciting for me.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:20 pm

Not that I find their game entertaining, isn't it the general way this era of basketball is played? The Warriors just perfected it. With emphasis on spacing and small ball, teams' value gradually have evolved. Old gen like yourself and myself wouldn't stop being nostalgic.

Also if you look at it from another perspective, Since 2010, 6 different teams won title(s) in just 7 seasons. That is quite the parity.

Consider this. Following 7 teams are the only teams that won titles since 80s to 2010.

Boston Celtics
Los Angeles Lakers
Chicago Bulls
Houston Rockets
San Antonio Spurs
Miami Heat
Philadelphia 76ers

Shall we now talk about predictability. 7 teams for 3 effing decades.

GSW/CLE era has started just 2 seasons ago. We don't even know how long it will last and people are already complaining like they're tired of seeing them as superpowers for ages. If they were more popular teams like Fakers, I have a feeling people would be singing in a different tune today.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:15 pm

You missed the Detroit Pistons in that list.

I would say the difference is that there were other teams who could compete with those teams, and had some great Playoff battles with them. The Drexler-led Blazers, the Jazz with Stockton and Malone, Patrick Ewing's Knicks, Chris Webber's Kings, and so on and so forth. Even if the same teams tended to rule the roost come June, there were still more powerful teams right there competing with them, making for several marquee matchups and classic series.

I'm not saying everyone has to think the way I do. The question you posed was whether anyone was as excited as you are to see the Warriors this season. I'm sure lots of people are; I'm personally not that thrilled, and I outlined the reasons for my point of view. I'm not suggesting that it's the correct way to think, or that your position isn't valid. For the reasons I mentioned, I'm feeling a bit disenchanted. Just my take.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:12 am

Some valid points brought up. Interesting discussions

Is today's "brand" of basketball "fun" to watch? Pace and space is the en vogue thing but most teams do not the talent on both sides of the ball

The Cavs basically ran high screen and role to death with Irving/Ljames on crucial possessions. Or when Gsw went traditionally big- high screen for Ljames (probably cost Ezeli a big chunk of change due to his poor performance)

GSW killer lineup is somewhat similar but their versatility at all positions causes more than just one mismatch. And when he's in there- Bogut hitting the weak side cuts/screens for easy layups is a beautiful thing

Not since the Sacto days of Cwebb, Divac, etc did we see a non traditional offense??

Hasn't the NBA been more or less isolation ball or pick and roll..especially in the playoffs??
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Phil89 on Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:57 pm

NovU wrote:Phil. Westbrook, he's never been a top 5 in my book.

That's fair enough. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

But I think Westbrook has really taken his game to another level in recent years. Him finishing 4th in MVP voting the last two years would support that.

Who are your top 5 right now?

Andrew wrote:I've also come to realise that I don't find the Warriors' brand of basketball all that entertaining. I'm not saying it isn't impressive or effective, but to be honest, watching a team stand around the perimeter and pot three-pointer after three-pointer just doesn't appeal to me. I also find the team very unlikeable and obnoxious these days, so I really can't enjoy them. I'm not saying others can't or shouldn't, but I'm personally not over the moon about it. Like I said, there's naturally some intrigue there, but I wouldn't say that it makes things more interesting or exciting for me.

They do have a certain annoying arrogance about them. Durant will fit in nicely :wink:

phpBB [video]
My Stories
Phil89

Postby skoadam on Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:32 pm

Its really hard to not see Russ in top 5 of the league :wink:
Image Image Image

URB WHERE SIM HAPPENS [41 Complete Seasons Mods + Bonus Rosters]

2022/2023 2021/2022 2020/2021 2019/2020 2018/2019 2017/2018 2016/2017 2015/2016 2014/2015 2013/2014 2012/2013
2011/2012 2010/2011 2009/2010 2008/2009 2007/2008 2006/2007 2005/2006 2004/2005 2003/2004 2002/2003
2001/2002 2000/2001 1999/2000 1998/1999 1997/1998 1996/1997 1995/1996 1994/1995 1993/1994 1992/1993
1991/1992 1990/1991 1989/1990 1988/1989 1987/1988 1986/1987 1985/1986 1984/1985 1969/1970 1961/1962
skoadam
U R Basketball - Where Sim Happens
Contributor

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:40 pm

GordonAir,

I thought 2000s was hero ball era with superstars hogging the ball to death. Was fun, lots of drama, easy to follow individual heroism stuff. 90s was similar with toughness and emphasis on D But seems league wanted change and went for guard oriented fast paced offense. Now days post up plays are one of the least effective way to score.

I cant say its entirely todays brand of ball, but it feels it didnt help much for sure imho in terms of entertainment value. But perhaps I am being a nostalgia as usual.

Phil89 wrote:Who are your top 5 right now?

Durant, Curry, Kawhi, LBJ, CP3, unibrow

Westbrook has closed in as he is at peak of his game. He is excellent but just not yet.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:13 pm

Phil89 wrote:He only gets tattoos where he can hide them so that he can keep his "good guy" image going.

He's always had horrible taste in tattoos. This one was just like his crowing achievement.

NovU wrote:Now days post up plays are one of the least effective way to score.

Uh, no, bro. Look at the points per possession. Especially for stars. (Unless you're talking about the old style post ten feet from the basket and pound the ball into the floor until the shot clock is at 3 seconds.)

Durant, Curry, Kawhi, LBJ, CP3, unibrow

That's six you dope.

air gordon wrote:Is today's "brand" of basketball "fun" to watch? Pace and space is the en vogue thing but most teams do not the talent on both sides of the ball

Hasn't the NBA been more or less isolation ball or pick and roll..especially in the playoffs??

Pace-and-space is actually an evolution of the standard pick and roll. Only unlike the past, it demands the other three players also move, and sometimes utilize multiple picks.

Pace-and-space actually isn't new in the last couple years, the Suns "seven seconds or less" was essentially the same thing. The primary difference between how the Warriors have done it and how the Suns did it is that the Warriors "Death Lineup" has multiple ball handlers, including two of the roll guys in Green and Iguodala. (Even Bogut!) This means unlike a Stockalone pick n' roll or Nash-Amare/Marion one, a second pass is not only a high probably event but a dangerous one. If the defense cuts off the roll, it's not up to Curry to pass the ball like it was Stockton or Nash, Green can get it to one of the corners and the Warriors can rotate the ball around the outside until the defense can't follow OR they can drop right back into yet another pick and roll. (The Divac Kings were similar except they had no deliberate system to it, it was based on situationals. Which is an Adelman thing.)

The Heat and Cavs' offense under the New LeBron Era (where he's basically playing the role of a point-center with Love/Bosh playing more like a SF) is similar and why it becomes just as deadly when they aren't cramping the court with Wade/Mozgov and how Irving learned to play better off the ball. (And why Allen/Lewis/Jones/Miller/Battier/Shirtless/etc. all play way above their value simply because the defense had to stay pulled in that direction.)

Basically what happened is that Thibs' overloading D caused this trend. Everybody copied that and so you couldn't run a traditional pick and roll anymore, you needed to seed the other side of the court with threats (even if temporary like a Battier or Harrison Barnes or what have you) so overloading stretched the defense too much that it couldn't recover in time. (Miami's blitz defense was the other side of this coin. Everyone knew how to break it, but they couldn't because LeBron is a demigod. "Pace-and-space" solves this because it adds at least one extra rotation to everything.)

The Pacers were, as Shane Battier noted, the one team that could get away with this because Hibbert was an ungodly backstop who was quick enough to recover, George was simply illegal, they could switch everyone on the perimeter and David West was great at predicting the rotations. (An underrated role KG played on the 2008-2010 Celtics defensively.)
benji

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball