Celtics get Jimmy Butler?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Celtics get Jimmy Butler?

Postby CT4 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:16 pm

Jimmy Butler could be traded to the Celtics next season if the Bulls and Celtics are able to come to a agreement. (BallersHype twitter/Bleacher report)

There are hot rumors about this.The trade offer is..Celts get-Jimmy Butler Bulls get-Avery Bradley,Jonas Jerebko,3rd & 16th pick.
Should we buy this rumor?
Celtics and Kristaps Porzingis fan from Latvia.
Not much else to know really.
CT4

Re: Celtics get Jimmy Butler?

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 pm

Visions of Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler dance in my head.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby CT4 on Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:42 pm

I know I may sound cheesy as celtics fan but we should keep one of the picks or Bradley.
CT4

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:18 am

The only pick you would be able to hang onto is the 16th because without the 3rd pick AND Bradley then that deal stinks for the Bulls.

Sure Chi had a bad first year under Hoiberg but it doesn't mean trade your star player, I think it's more like Noah/Gasol and Rose are gone if they can find a team for him.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:22 am

Yeah, if they're going to trade Butler, they at least need to get a lottery pick to roll the dice on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:39 pm

i would only like this trade if it was followed up with a big free agent signing. if this is our only real move i rather just keep the picks
Sauru

Postby CT4 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:27 pm

Sauru wrote:i would only like this trade if it was followed up with a big free agent signing. if this is our only real move i rather just keep the picks

100% agree
CT4

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

How confident are you of the Celtics getting Durant? Perhaps a big move like that will encourage him to sign, but it's not like he can make a commitment until July. Celtics can only hope it'll be enough, if they make that deal.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:04 pm

I think the Celtics will turn there attention to a Kevin Love trade in the summer allowing Boston to keep there #3 pick and package the 16th + Bradley and fillers if not a future 1st round pick
mp3

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:19 am

Sauru wrote:i would only like this trade if it was followed up with a big free agent signing. if this is our only real move i rather just keep the picks

So the 3rd and 16th pick has better value than Butler? :crazy

Ainge would be a fool to turn down that offer

I'll jump on the twolves wagon if this trade goes through
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:44 am

I agree with the above post. With a slight twist...

If we were to complete this trade, we would need TWO really good free agent signings. That would be ideal. I like Butler, but he isn't worth that much. However, he IS worth that much if he is on Durants "wish list" of players he would like to see in green in order to come to Boston.

I have a feeling a big splash is coming regardless. I would also like a couple veteran pieces to come to Boston (like in 07-08 when we nabbed a veteran PJ Brown, who helped us a lot in the postseason).

Durant/Butler/IT and a GOOD big gets us at the point where we can compete with the west. I am not sold on Al Horford, but with the scoring we would have out of those three, we could get a rim protector like Whiteside (or Ibaka if possible, even though he is not the shot blocker he once was, mostly because he isn't in the paint as much due to Kanter and Adams clogging it up). I just don't know how we could swing all of it... (I say we.. because Im a huge Celtics fan from the area)

All of this will certainly be interesting...
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:27 pm

air gordon wrote:

So the 3rd and 16th pick has better value than Butler? :crazy

Ainge would be a fool to turn down that offer

I'll jump on the twolves wagon if this trade goes through

depends what you mean by value. will the celtics be better with butler instead of the 3rd and 16th? yes but they aint gonna with shit with him and no one else so i rather roll the dice on the future instead of being a consistent first round exit. so yeah pure value butler is better for sure but for me the real value is competing for a ring so if he cant get us there plan for the long game
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:17 pm

]
Sauru wrote:depends what you mean by value. will the celtics be better with butler instead of the 3rd and 16th? yes but they aint gonna with shit with him and no one else so i rather roll the dice on the future instead of being a consistent first round exit. so yeah pure value butler is better for sure but for me the real value is competing for a ring so if he cant get us there plan for the long game

Butler gets you closer to being a contender and his contract is cap friendly. It's unlikely to land an all star in his prime with no baggage for those picks and players.

I'm sure though butler isn't the last all star to be rumored to Boston
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:00 pm

What a lopsided proposal. Avery is good but he's only 6'2" sg with a flaw. He has a limitation, totally replaceable by Butler. And chance of your 3rd pick panning out to be Butler's value? Probably very low.

Butler is 6'7" with great frame. That's virtually a body not only women but every teams want now adays. Versatile 6'7" to 6'9" guys are playable for a lot of position in this small ball era. You look at Warriors, they got got 3 of them as starters and 1 as a sixth guy in Iggy. They switch with no consequence, runs and moves well, and spaces rather well too(not all but a lot). And their so called death line up is built to utilize those advantages.

Carroll got paid for being one, and Josh Richardson(Heat) was a steal in that regard. I expect that's also where Barnes' value is, despite his numbers dipped a bit this year(It could be because he played more PF than previous season).

I wondered how the Celtics would look with a legit rim protector. If they could get Butler and Whiteside... never mind, fuck them.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby mp3 on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:27 pm

Unless Butler has approached management and said he wants out then I wouldn't trade him now, he's a great two way player like Leonard so I don't think you get equal value in return, unless like I said Butler wants to leave.
mp3

Postby atlwarrior on Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:34 pm

He probably does. I don't think he liked when Thibs got fired.
atlwarrior

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:04 am

mp3 wrote:I think the Celtics will turn there attention to a Kevin Love trade in the summer allowing Boston to keep there #3 pick and package the 16th + Bradley and fillers if not a future 1st round pick

I could see them going after a big man but a rim protector instead (Noel?) Or whiteside. They also have the Brooklyn pick for next year to dangle

Maybe if the celts owned the first or second pick I would hesitate to trade that for Butler....
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 11, 2016 8:45 am

i would not be pissed if the celtics made the trade but without additional moves i wouldnt be excited either. thats all i am saying.
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:06 pm

Obviously. But Bulls fans would be pissed if the trade happened additional move or not.

Ainge's time is now. He needs to act. Celtics could be the Blazers of East. So much potential to do anything with much acummulated assets. Sit and wait to stay mediocre or die tryin. I like what I hear tho. He wants a contender immediately.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby CT4 on Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Next season should be the season we ''explode''.The youngsters and not so young youngsters have improved alot and I hope they continue.I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge pulls out weird ass trade.
P.S. Looks like Isaiah will do anything just to get KD and get to play for Team USA
CT4

Postby Sauru on Sun Jun 12, 2016 7:31 am

i mean if we get butler and KD i would call it a good offseason lol
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:45 am

CelticsPorzingod wrote:Next season should be the season we ''explode''.The youngsters and not so young youngsters have improved alot and I hope they continue.I wouldn't be surprised if Ainge pulls out weird ass trade.
P.S. Looks like Isaiah will do anything just to get KD and get to play for Team USA

what's a weird ass trade?

should turner be resigned?
Jump.
air gordon

Return to NBA & Basketball