Boozer taking opportunity

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Boozer taking opportunity

Postby Clinton on Sun Nov 24, 2002 4:37 pm

Carlos Boozer is taking full advantage of this chance he has been given by Cleveland. In Tyrone Hill's absence he is really stepping up and showing the Cavs what he is capable of, as if they didn't know after seeing him at Duke. He was just a monster there and he has carried it over to the league, outmuscling seasoned veterans and making them look like rookies. He is going to get a lot of these opportunities with an often injured Hill and crap Stewart they Cavs only other options up front. He had 15 points (7 of 11 fgs), 10 boards, 2 blocks and 2 steals in the loss to the Hornets and a similar game the day before. I f he keeps showing this intensity and playing his game he could definately steal the starting job. He was the steal of the draft.
Clinton

Postby mkool8 on Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:21 am

I know, it's good to see him silence some of his critics. Still, I don't think he's gonna be a star player if he stays with an ugly team like the Cavs. Don't get me wrong their decent and can surprise good teams, but I don't see them contending for a playoff berth. Boozer needs to be in a playoff team. I think he's a better player complementing a franchise player. Right now they don't have that with the Cavs (Ilgauskas is showing some signs though)
mkool8

Postby HomieGee on Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:14 am

i just want to know how come Boozer wasn't drafted in 1st round?
i remember 2 years ago he was praised for 1st round material
HomieGee

Postby Tyus Edney's Agent on Fri Nov 29, 2002 7:32 am

Boozer has terrible footwork for a 4 he is also way to small to play the 5
Tyus Edney's Agent

Postby mkool8 on Fri Nov 29, 2002 12:08 pm

I was actually rooting for Boozer to get to the second round so that he'll get to a better team. Obviously it didn't work out that way.
mkool8

Return to NBA & Basketball