Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby dwayne2005 on Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:29 am

One game with Isaiah as a starter and the chemistry doesn't look good. Almost gets into a fight with the teams leading player and all of the starers have significant deficits in the plus/minus against an injury depleted Warriors. That said, by TS% (65.3%) he had his most efficient game for a while (despite hitting only 42.9% from the field) and was second most scoring efficient starter behind Randle (78.8%).
dwayne2005

Postby NovU on Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:16 am

http://www.slamonline.com/nba/agent-isa ... or-lakers/

Isaiah Thomas‘ agent, in an all-caps text message, made it clear that his client has no intention whatsoever of coming off the bench for the Los Angeles Lakers, where Lonzo Ball remains the starting point guard.

Understandable. He probably doesn't want to waste last couple good years left in a shit role. Seems like he'll be wearing a different uniform next season. But which contender needs a PG albeit chances are they already have a good one at the position.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:13 am

dwayne2005 wrote:Almost gets into a fight with the teams leading player and all of the starers have significant deficits in the plus/minus against an injury depleted Warriors.

Expected, he plays every single game with a chip on his shoulder. Did the same thing with Boston.

However, the chip has grown a bit since the trade (Clearly). I still expect him to get into it with someone most every game.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:10 am

Didn't seem like much of a fight, more of them antagonizing each other intentionally to pump each other up.

IT already stated he's not coming off the bench earlier so that's no surprise. He can pout or like randle play well and earn the spot. But then again, ennis didn't earn shit and Luke loves starting him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:15 am

NovU wrote:http://www.slamonline.com/nba/agent-isaiah-thomas-not-coming-off-the-bench-for-lakers/

Isaiah Thomas‘ agent, in an all-caps text message, made it clear that his client has no intention whatsoever of coming off the bench for the Los Angeles Lakers, where Lonzo Ball remains the starting point guard.

Understandable. He probably doesn't want to waste last couple good years left in a shit role. Seems like he'll be wearing a different uniform next season. But which contender needs a PG albeit chances are they already have a good one at the position.

Could end up with the Pelicans if that team is still intent on having Jrue as an offguard since Rondo is only a one year deal.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby dwayne2005 on Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:52 am

Okay, I'm through with hoping with Isaiah. It is one step forward and 2 steps back. Worst game with Lakers, second start. No coincidence. He was also making excuses for himself. It's not how aggressive they are defending you, it is just how badly you are playing. One good thing he can take from that game: it may have been 1 for 9, but at least it wasn't 1 for 21. I am as surprised as anyone. He stopped getting to the foul line and doing the one thing he was efficient at. Maybe his manager told him to stop putting his body on the line to prolong his career, but better to go out in a blaze than a whimper.
dwayne2005

Postby NovU on Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:14 pm

Has Isaiah's decline already begun? If he continues on this shit path, he'll have tough time landing a good contract. I really hope he has his big payday finally coming this summer though.

shadowgrin wrote:Could end up with the Pelicans if that team is still intent on having Jrue as an offguard since Rondo is only a one year deal.

While I would love to see Isaiah + unibrow combo, I am not too keen on seeing him with Cousins again. Regardless, yeah Pelicans do really need more production from PG position.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby dwayne2005 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 am

No upside to his game right now. 3 assists? What happened to when he was getting 7-9 assists? Dire shooting, but only getting to the foul line 4 times or less a contest so he's not making up for that like he was before. With the assassination the media done on him regarding his defense, pinning the blame for Cleveland's defensive collapse on Isaiah (notice it hasn't happened in LA and a middling team just scored 117 against them) his NBA career is probably nearly over. Who knows what would happen if he hadn't been treated like trash by Danny Ainge, I don't know if it's psychological or physical, but there's no upside to his game right now. No team would want him. He is playing ruinously.
dwayne2005

Postby Lamrock on Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:01 am

Isaiah should get some decent one year offers from a few random teams, as well as some MLE offers from desperate teams trying to contend. He's been awful this season, and hasn't been much better with LA. But let's not forget he's literally a year removed from one of the best offensive seasons in recent history.

Derrick Rose has been a meme for years, yet he still manages to stay in the league based on what he did several years ago. Just because he's short doesn't mean IT won't have a couple more chances.
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:33 am

I hope Magic and Pelinka really think about what they're doing. Is PG that much bigger of an improvement over Ingram at this point?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:48 am

Who would you choose? Do you trust Ingram to keep putting up big numbers for an entire season and be a bona fide star in the near future, or is George too appealing to pass up?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:15 am

Ingram seems to have become a must keep player this year. But I don't think this will stop Lakers from chasing after George.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Stress Fracture on Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:05 am

Andrew wrote:Who would you choose? Do you trust Ingram to keep putting up big numbers for an entire season and be a bona fide star in the near future, or is George too appealing to pass up?

Signing PG might delay Ingram's development a little bit, unless the Lakers really want to clinch a playoff berth next season.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby [Q] on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:57 pm

Andrew wrote:Who would you choose? Do you trust Ingram to keep putting up big numbers for an entire season and be a bona fide star in the near future, or is George too appealing to pass up?

Ingram might never be a superstar on the level of PG, but I think Randle has the chance to be something big if he continues his improvement. Losing ranfle for the sake of signing big names would be a step back imo

especially if you look at Julius's improvement in this year alone.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:00 pm

But the Lakers have to be careful on Randle evaluation. Randle's older, age of 23. A lot of players hit their ceiling at that age or progresses little thereafter. Otherwise for special occasions, we do get pretty good idea what we'll get from a player and whatnot. So the reason why age is valuable in draft and Thon Maker is a sham.

Both Ingram and Ball are much younger than Randle so they have 3-4 more years of window span.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:00 pm

So IT reinjured the troublesome hip. I'm so excited for more Tyler ennis.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby dwayne2005 on Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:38 am

Isaiah Thomas' play coinciding with every successive assist by LeBron James:

Code: Select all
15 15.00 (W1-L0): 13.00 PTS (50.00%-60.00%-100.0%)
14 14.50 (W2-L0): 13.50 PTS (45.00%-44.44%-83.33%)
11 13.33 (W3-L0): 13.00 PTS (42.42%-35.29%-83.33%)
9  11.60 (W4-L1): 14.00 PTS (44.07%-32.00%-76.92%)
8  11.00 (W5-L1): 14.50 PTS (45.07%-33.33%-70.59%)
7   9.67 (W5-L4): 16.00 PTS (44.23%-34.04%-81.82%)
6   9.00 (W6-L5): 16.73 PTS (42.86%-31.25%-83.02%)
5   8.14 (W7-L7): 15.50 PTS (37.99%-27.16%-86.76%)
2   7.67 (W7-L8): 14.73 PTS (36.08%-25.29%-86.76%)

(Every assist represents an 'or above' assessment. So for 2 assists, it's 2 or above or every game the two played for an average of 7.67 assists by LeBron.)

For 11 of the 15 games, offensively he wasn't that bad. When James got 8 or more assists, they went 5-1 with Isaiah. When he didn't get 8 assists, they went 2-7. So maybe LeBron and Isaiah weren't such an incompatability after all? Beyond LeBron throwing deliberate impossible to catch passes at Isaiah that is.

That said, I have little hope for a return to form from Isaiah. During his final 4 games of the playoffs last year from a date (May 12) that he was said to have aggravated his hip, he went 18.8 PPG for 34.3% from the field. Similar to all of this year, except he was getting 8.8 assists per game and twice as many steals during that stretch. For the other 11 games of the playoffs, he was averaging 24.9 PPG on 45.55% shooting.

In all likelihood, IMO, he is pretending his hip was mostly healed before and playing through injury to trick a team into giving him the best contract possible. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a good contract if he sat out much of the first season.
dwayne2005

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Seeing Lonzo create his own shot tells me his weird shot mechanics isn't really a big concern anymore, he's gonna be fine.

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:48 pm

It never has been an issue, except when dumb people like ESPN have nothing better to talk about. He's been shooting like this all year with hot and cold streaks as you'd expect a rookie to have.

Meanwhile, Brook Lopez continues to make us wonder why he jacks up so many threes when he's so damn effective within 10 feet
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:41 pm

Lakers youngsters remind me of nice young 76ers team.

Ball
Ingram
Randle
Kuzma
=
Michael Carter-Williams
KJ McDaniels
Wroten
Nerlens
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:51 am

[Q] wrote:It never has been an issue, except when dumb people like ESPN have nothing better to talk about. He's been shooting like this all year with hot and cold streaks as you'd expect a rookie to have.

Meanwhile, Brook Lopez continues to make us wonder why he jacks up so many threes when he's so damn effective within 10 feet

Watching Lopez pull up for 3's on that fastbreak is killing me....

He is so talented around the hoop, but he literally tries to imitate Steph Curry out there sometimes.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:21 am

Also forgot to mention Julius went head to head with former star Blake Griffin and seemed to have gotten the better of him despite the team loss. There's that clip of him driving right through him for the facial at the beginning of the game.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:35 am

[Q] wrote:Also forgot to mention Julius went head to head with former star Blake Griffin and seemed to have gotten the better of him despite the team loss. There's that clip of him driving right through him for the facial at the beginning of the game.

Not hard to own Blake Griffin the second half of this season. Dude is struggling in Detroit.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:47 am

I understand wanting to expand your game and evolve as a player, especially with the game changing and stretch bigs being in vogue. There's something to be said for sticking to what you're good at though, not to mention working on certain things in the offseason.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:01 am

I know. I think it's ugly too especially their shooting form. Cousins has been taking over 6 threes per game this season as well. Brook suddenly started taking threes since last year. Seems that's just where modern era bball is heading.

I bet Andrew Bynum would have loved to play today's ball game.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball