2017 Draft

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: 2017 Draft

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:02 pm

Wolves got a steal in Butler. They probably figured lavine hit his ceiling or is close to it
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:31 pm

Seeing Jay Bilas acknowledge that he says too much 'wingspan' is like seeing artificial intelligence become self-aware.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:41 pm

ESPN's layoffs have been noticeable. That girl had a terrible interview with the last kid that was there and the main host has a gambling problem
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:55 pm

Brave Sir Rubin wrote:Enjoy Minnesota, Jimmy Butler.

best thing about this trade is danny fing ainge and his tight ass didn't get butler
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby wikisaiyan on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:02 pm

zzcoolj21 wrote:If Butler's out, what are the chances Wade stays?

Well Wade signed the 25 mil player option to comeback for next year. Interesting to see how he'll mesh with zach lavine at the two and the like 4 or 5 other PGs on the bulls roster.

I have no idea what direction they are planning to go in.
wikisaiyan

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:19 pm

air gordon wrote:
Brave Sir Rubin wrote:Enjoy Minnesota, Jimmy Butler.

best thing about this trade is danny fing ainge and his tight ass didn't get butler

Yesssssss

wikisaiyan wrote:
zzcoolj21 wrote:If Butler's out, what are the chances Wade stays?

Well Wade signed the 25 mil player option to comeback for next year. Interesting to see how he'll mesh with zach lavine at the two and the like 4 or 5 other PGs on the bulls roster.

I have no idea what direction they are planning to go in.

Did they seriously wait until he opted in to trade Butler? Sneaky. :lol:
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:23 pm

Celtics drafting 'Shimmy' at 37th in honor of Antoine Walker.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:05 pm

loool NBA Deputy Commish Mark Tatum laughing at 52nd pick Sumner for looking like Urkel.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby NovU on Fri Jun 23, 2017 4:28 pm

Congratulations Lakers, you guys won the fucking draft. Losers are the Celtics. LoL

Ball family stating the Lakers are the only place they will play for played a key role and forced Ainge's hand to look the other way and make trade to move down. I think this was a one man draft despite media hyping up to be a two clear top and 8 other man draft.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:12 pm

What's better than Meyers Leonard? Two Meyers Leonards!
Lamrock

Postby big-shot-ROB on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:03 pm

I have to give props to the Kings and the Lakers. Warriors also did a pretty good job landing Bell. Boston's outcome will be decided by how good Fultz and Tatum are as well as who future picks become.

PD: Does this mean the Bulls are on completly tank mode and will be enemies for that 2018 top-1 pick? Because then f*ck you Andrew, Valor and air gordon :lol:
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:11 pm

Have to believe they're in tank mode. GarPax may say otherwise, but they can't possibly be doing anything else at this point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:12 pm

NovU wrote:Congratulations Lakers, you guys won the fucking draft. Losers are the Celtics. LoL

Ball family stating the Lakers are the only place they will play for played a key role and forced Ainge's hand to look the other way and make trade to move down. I think this was a one man draft despite media hyping up to be a two clear top and 8 other man draft.

if you honestly believe this then you have to call the celtics winners in this draft otherwise you are contradicting yourself. ball was not playing for boston so he is out leaving fultz or jackson/tatum so if you think ball is the only star in this draft then the celtics win big time by getting a top 5 future pick while still getting the guy they wanted
Sauru

Postby [Q] on Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:08 am

Lamrock wrote:What's better than Meyers Leonard? Two Meyers Leonards!

Lol one of the two should work out. Otherwise, nurk was pretty solid

Stop praising the kings. They always find a way to mess it up. It's only a matter of time.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:50 am

Sauru wrote:if you honestly believe this then you have to call the celtics winners in this draft otherwise you are contradicting yourself. ball was not playing for boston so he is out leaving fultz or jackson/tatum so if you think ball is the only star in this draft then the celtics win big time by getting a top 5 future pick while still getting the guy they wanted

The Celts could have done what the Wolves have done with Karl Anthony Towns. Just draft a best player avail and try to make it work. Now KAT says he wants to stay a wolf for life. Not much as KD said the same thing but at least chance was there to win a championship with him.

I actually believe Lonzo is the best prospect since by far his numbers are pretty crazy and tops previous greats, but that's not to say his game isn't entirely flawless and concern-free.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:27 pm

NovU wrote:
Sauru wrote:if you honestly believe this then you have to call the celtics winners in this draft otherwise you are contradicting yourself. ball was not playing for boston so he is out leaving fultz or jackson/tatum so if you think ball is the only star in this draft then the celtics win big time by getting a top 5 future pick while still getting the guy they wanted

The Celts could have done what the Wolves have done with Karl Anthony Towns. Just draft a best player avail and try to make it work. Now KAT says he wants to stay a wolf for life. Not much as KD said the same thing but at least chance was there to win a championship with him.

I actually believe Lonzo is the best prospect since by far his numbers are pretty crazy and tops previous greats, but that's not to say his game isn't entirely flawless and concern-free.

i am not arguing that lonzo is not the best player in the draft, i am saying that lonzo was not playing for the celtics so he was never an option for us. so if you take lonzo out of the picture and consider the rest of the players at the top interchangeable then you have to consider the move the celtics made a huge win for them
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:10 am

Yeah that's if you consider the top 3-4 interchangeable

Guess it depends who's article you believe. I think it was espn's pelton who graded out ball as the best prospect

Givony or one of the draftexpress guys pegs fultz as the best prospect and would be top in last years draft class

Someone sell me on Tatum. Duke players are hard to figure out
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:53 am

clearly this is a question that will not be answered any time soon, will take a few years to see who really pans out the best. tatum for one is in a no win situation as far as ROTY goes but will be getting deep playoff experience right away while the other top picks will be putting up big numbers only to watch the playoffs.

honestly if ainge figures its best to wait 1 more year before going all in i am ok with that. i have said it a lot already but i am not interested is giving away our future just to lose to the warriors if we can even get by the cavs. i personally would rather have tatum and a top 5 pick in 18 or 19 than i would butler. the celtics are not a team that can win it all, they still have a ways to go. i still say we need to trade thomas instead of letting him walk or worse, giving him a max deal. this is the main reason i wanted fultz, i prefer to build around him than thomas however getting tatum and a top 5 pick could be better in the long run. of course if fultz ends up killing the league over the next 15 years i will be pretty fucking upset
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:51 am

How much time will Tatum get this year though? Not even counting Hayward or Griffin being acquired, where are the minutes?
Jump.
air gordon

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball