The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Talk about the real National Basketball Association, other pro basketball leagues and college hoops.

The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby graybakflip on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:03 am

From the timeless years of kidd, the consecutive finals appearances, to the 12-70 season, and the most injured team(yes as in season ending injuries) in the history of the league last season. Finally I can say we have a team, I mean a COMPLETE TEAM. Yep, we've been the laughing stock of the league for the previous 3-5 seasons, and really now having these exposure, the love from everywhere, really it's been a while. We may don't have that superstar caliber player but we have a starting five that had excelled in their respective positions. A top 5 PG/SG/C and top 10-15 PF/SF not to mention a deep bench led by brooks who had a great rookie season last year, good back-up G in c.j. watson, a star from europe teletovic, and might be a steal in andray blatche(who is in best shape) this season. You can argue that we have one of the most expensive team in the league, but heck even the owner doesn't mind about that. A brand new team, new uni's, 1 Billion Dollar court, new venue, new fans, yep almost everything is brand new for this team and it started w/ the owners vision since he bought the team, that w/in 3-5 years this would be a championship caliber franchise.

I don't want to project or predict anything for this upcoming season but in my own humble opinion, a second round exit on the playoffs is the least they can do, IF they could stay healthy. I mean this team has the potential to be the a great offensive team, leading from the best back-court in the league(yeah,nash and kobe might have that, but IMO I don't think they can gel that well to have that status), the best offensive C in the game(ask shaq) and is only 24!, a utility player in crash(he doesn't need the ball to ave. 10-15 pts, along w/ his plenty of rebs/asst/stls/blks/hustle plays), and a consistent double-double man in hump(he might strugle now since the team has so many weapons this season). What I mean about a complete team is that the starting five itself knows what are their specific roles for the team, and is very capable of competing in each and everynight, you can add the versatility and a deep bench. Perimeter defense is good but the only suspect about this team is the inside defense. If only brook could have an ave. defensive C discovered inside him, no doubt this is a championship contending team.

P.S. May I request about something, I know this is my first thread on this board and I have no powers or anything. But please stop talking trash/sh** against fellow community member, that way it might lessen the changing of topics/subject of the thread and only focusing on sharing of the ideas and opinions. That's all, I may visit this thread from time-time, but since I am busy reviewing for the upcoming NLE this december, anyway I'll try my best, cheers! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby Radioman on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:17 am

I guess the East is an open race until the Conference Finals so good luck to the Nets. :wink:
Radioman

Postby NovU on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:54 pm

As I said before the Nets surely are an interesting team. But then really the difference from last season is blown up salary and addition of Joe Johnson. And rest of starters are same(ofc Brook healthy might make a difference but how much). No offense to the Nets fans but the ceiling realistically sounds like a second round to me than 'at least'.

Yes East is open for grab tho. We will see.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby graybakflip on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:26 pm

Radioman wrote:I guess the East is an open race until the Conference Finals so good luck to the Nets. :wink:

Thanks!, but there's no doubt the heat still owns the east, so yeah its pretty much open for the 2-8 seedings IMO. Still I like our chances against a 7 game series against them, we have depth and better players on their weak positions(PG/C) w/c I think is important.

NovU wrote:As I said before the Nets surely are an interesting team. But then really the difference from last season is blown up salary and addition of Joe Johnson. And rest of starters are same(ofc Brook healthy might make a difference but how much). No offense to the Nets fans but the ceiling realistically sounds like a second round to me than 'at least'.

Yes East is open for grab tho. We will see.

I understand your point about the salary cap situation, that we may not able to add some key pieces going forward. but we also have assets to make a few deals, humps contract, brooks, some picks, and those euro stashes we have in europe(2 players). Just want to add some points, last years rooster from the NJ NETS were almost all of them have 1 year deals only, the most injury plagued team in the nba history for a season(season ending injuries). Brook i guess will be an all star this year, now that DH goes west. He will dominate this season since he will be the option for offense, and statistically on head to head matchups against bynum, chandler, hibbert were no contest against him. Not to mention that almost of the starting 5 has their fresh contracts on multiple years, so there's no question now unlike last season, they were all afloat.

I know it's preseason, but if you want to see more on what I am trying to say, try to view the highlights of the nets previous games. And yep, we'll see. :)
graybakflip

Postby Brawn Shadley on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:37 pm

graybakflip wrote:best back-court in the league(yeah,nash and kobe might have that, but IMO I don't think they can gel that well to have that status)

Kobe and Nash don't need to gel well same way Kobe and Dwight don't have to.
Just ask Shaq and Kobe and their three rings.

graybakflip wrote:If only brook could have an ave. defensive C discovered inside him

He could also learn how to rebound again.

Radioman wrote:I guess the East is an open race until the Conference Finals

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
Brawn Shadley
NLSC's Jefferson Davis/The Questioneer

Postby stereoxide on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:22 am

LOL at the pics. But who knows what can happen right. There are lot of unexpected thing happening in the NBA each year.
stereoxide

Postby Lamrock on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:25 am

I could see them winning the Atlantic and maybe get swept in the conference finals should they get the 3 seed and draw Indiana in round 2. However, this is basically just last year's lottery Nets with Joe Johnson and a healthy Brook Lopez added. Sure, they'll improve, but at this stage in everyone's career, Deron's the only real star on the roster.

The Nets are built for a run like the Hawks have had the last few years. I'm skeptical of their strategy of long-term commitments to aging players, so the only way I see them contending is Brook Lopez blowing up or them finding a late-round gem in the draft.

But this is the respect thread, and I commend the Nets for putting together a solid team for their first year in Brooklyn. Easily the most exciting season for them in years.
Lamrock
I can change this now.

Postby rise on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:10 am

Lamrock basically summed up my thoughts, but I'm interested to see how Gerald Wallace plays now that he's settled down in Brooklyn. I think part of the reason for his down seasons the last two years was 1) old age, which can't be stopped- he's an OLD 30-year-old. and 2) he wasn't settled down in one place and was constantly in trade rumors for his last year in Charlotte, his whole time with Blazers because of Batum, and nobody knowing what Brooklyn was going to do until now.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby volsey on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:45 am

Lamrock wrote:I could see them winning the Atlantic and maybe get swept in the conference finals should they get the 3 seed and draw Indiana in round 2. However, this is basically just last year's lottery Nets with Joe Johnson and a healthy Brook Lopez added. Sure, they'll improve, but at this stage in everyone's career, Deron's the only real star on the roster.

The Nets are built for a run like the Hawks have had the last few years. I'm skeptical of their strategy of long-term commitments to aging players, so the only way I see them contending is Brook Lopez blowing up or them finding a late-round gem in the draft.

But this is the respect thread, and I commend the Nets for putting together a solid team for their first year in Brooklyn. Easily the most exciting season for them in years.

This.

Their roster isn't exactly as strong as they had hoped, they couldn't grab Dwight or Carmelo, but it does seem like just yesterday all they had was Devin Harris, Brooke Lopez and Derrick Favors. To go from that to Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace and keep Brooke Lopez who possibly still has tremendous potential (anyone watch his 38pt game last season? It came effortlessly) is quite impressive.

But alas long term this team doesn't look like anything special. But they got the best that they could, and due to the uncertainty of Deron Williams resigning they had to decide between possibly having no Stars at all (Deron leaving but keeping other valuable assets and cap), or grabbing what was immediately available at the time in order to entice Deron to stay long term.
volsey

Postby NovU on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:21 pm

What in the blue fuck is a respect thread?
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby Brawn Shadley on Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:29 pm

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby Jackal on Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:25 pm

It's where you psyche yourself in to believing your team is better than it is.

Omg DH12..oh wait..
Jackal

Postby graybakflip on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:25 am

Great having that W against a full strength celtics team, w/ 0 mins from the starters of Brooklyn. Tho this is just preseason, still it's a good test from our bench playing against KG, PP, Rondo etc ave. almost 30 min and the EC Finalist. From what I saw, Blatche is a steal this preseason for a minimum contract offer, he definitely can play. Teletovic had a better game, but taking too many shots is not good, but we all know he's got that range, he's still learning the NBA pace. And I am so happy we got Reggie Evans, :lol: he may be a liability on offense, but that man is a monster on boards. Can't wait 'til MarShon Brooks returns, and this bench is at full strength.

Brooke Lopez who possibly still has tremendous potential (anyone watch his 38pt game last season? It came effortlessly) is quite impressive.

No offense but just want to correct that it's Brook Lopez, It's ok were all learning here. Yep, he wasn't still fully recovered that time, and the double/triple teams he had(you can't double team him now, better players around him this season) 38 pt's for a C is quite rare this times actually.

I know we had offered almost everyone for carmelo, but I rather have dwill than than him, kuddo's to Billy King (Y) . And about Dwight, hope he enjoys and plays well for LA and kobe for the next few seasons, good luck :cool:
graybakflip

Postby airBerlin on Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:25 pm

i don't know, i think this is a very different team from last season. deron williams was putting up some ugly fg% when he went to the nets, but iirc, he started to put it together towards the end of last season. expecting him to return to his old self this season. gerald wallace should be adjusted to their system. marshon brooks had some flashes last season, should be more efficient this year coming off the bench. they'll have lopez again. plus they have a much better bench now.

i don't even like the nets.
Click here to view my dynasty!
airBerlin

Postby NovU on Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:01 pm

Holy fawkamoley jesas cristo. Nets bench raped da fuckatta kg, rondo, pierce the flopping trios from Boston. The Nets are a real deal, imagine em with starters.[/respect]
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby _Steve_ on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 pm

Badshotter wrote:LOL at the pics. But who knows what can happen right. There are lot of unexpected thing happening in the NBA each year.

Something like this?
“Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.” - Mark Twain
_Steve_

Postby graybakflip on Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:43 pm

graybakflip

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:42 am

Seems like the wise thing to do, given the circumstances.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube Channel
Andrew
Handing out unfair buns since 2001
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 pm

Can't wait to see the Knicks and Nets. Hope things get better down there.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby graybakflip on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:10 pm

In a basketball perspective I guess that was a blessing in disguise. No doubt Knicks are playing great and Nets would probably lose if ever that game happened.

Well even tho the team hasn't gel that well on the offensive end and defense still a work in progress, it's nice to see that this team is actually winning(5 straight; last time was 2008 i think). Great to see a healthy Brook, didn't surprise me at all 'bout his offensive game, but he's getting better on D(i think practicing w/ evans & blatche certainly helped him). JJ is not that effective yet on the teams offensive style, since Avery uses him more often on the block(a big 6'7/8 220-30 pound SG) when there is a mismatch. He's still learning it. Crash is just crash(injured the past 6 games), but he's the focal point on defense(and raised our DefRtg to 17 w/o him). DWill hasn't really made a game where he really dominated, but still good to have a PG w/ his caliber. The thing that really surprises me is our bench. I think we have one of the leagues better bench players there(and are really cheap!). Looking at Stack, partying(playing LOL) like its '96, C.J. a great back-up PG for Deron, Evans!(do I need to say something about him?LOL) man I really loving this dude, MarShon not really the 6th man, but can provide instant offense(defense?uhmm..), and the amnestee's(Chilldres and Blatche), Chilldress might be a hole on offense but he's a better defender than most of the other teams backup SF, Blatche tho many people hated him before, he's proving that he deserved a 2nd chance, a rare talent, he can almost do everything you need for a C/PF, and still has the potential(he's what? like 27/28 y.o?), he can't miss against the Kings last night!(well almost). And the FO managed to have this kind of bench for only like 10M this year? only Teletovic and Evans having a salary more than 1.5M!.

Still the starting line-up needs to gel better(nets i think are the worst 3rdQ team, but one of the best 2ndQ team and that 2ndQ is boosted by the bench production). They also lack that "killer-instinct" as evidenced by blowing big leads!(Minny game, ouch). People might say we've had a better schedule the past week, but Hey! a Win is a Win and were standing 2nd in the conference, also it's been a while having ranked in top 10 on the NBA power rankings. Tomorrow is gonna be a great match-up vs the Lakers, well BRING IT ON!! :cool: :cool:
graybakflip

Postby rise on Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:33 am

He should attempt to occasionally rebound and defend some and he just might crack my top 10 centers list.
rise
But here, at the top of the world, where I raise my hands and I clench my fists...
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:31 am

His free throw shooting is way down and his rebounding numbers are still disappointing for a seven footer, but he's scoring well and doing a pretty good job turning back shots while not showing too many ill-effects from his injuries last year, so that's certainly good news.
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
Andrew
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:13 pm

It's early but he's been surprisingly great so far into the season. Improved all around, no doubt. But I think his blk(wow!) is sorta fluke. Can't deny upsides to this kid though. Ain't no Dwight but might turn out to be worth the investment considering quality of bigs in this league.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

His blocking numbers were quite respectable through his first three seasons in the league, only dipping below a block per game in his extremely abbreviated campaign last year, so even if his average drops a little as the year goes on I'd say it isn't a fluke. He's definitely got to do a better job on the boards though.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby graybakflip on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:35 pm

rise wrote:He should attempt to occasionally rebound and defend some and he just might crack my top 10 centers list.

Yep, he's still developing tho. Most of the times he's just out positioned or tapping it out to his teammates, but you can see the effort, unlike the previous seasons where he's just too lazy. I guess it's not a problem when you have hump, evans and crash going for the rebounds(I know it's a bad excuse, but I hope he develops more). I think we out-rebounded the opposing teams almost all of the games except last game? not sure. And he's definitely a top 10 center, but hey that's your own opinion.

His FT % is waaay off, might be caused by the added muscles but I expect that to go back to 80% as the season goes on. Yep, he's blocks per game is certainly better compared to the previous seasons but I'm not surprised about that. He average about 2 blks the 1st 2 seasons and like 8 rebounds a game. Tho he's not that athletic dwight-like or a defensive anchor like chandler, he always gives the opposing teams foul troubles and that consistent offensive game he has.
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:08 am

Even then his improvement on blk and % are quite noticeable. And avg of 2.5 is a surprise. Keeping it up throughout the entire season will be even bigger surprise. One should wonder if he can make such an improvement on his miserable rebounding as well.

graybakflip wrote:I think we out-rebounded the opposing teams almost all of the games except last game? not sure.

Nets are average rebounding team. Brook needs to step up. That's not to doubt.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby Brawn Shadley on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:03 am

graybakflip wrote:His FT % is waaay off, might be caused by the added muscles

This is just too ridiculous an explanation.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:58 am

I'd agree that Lopez is a top ten centre in the league, but it bears mentioning that there isn't a lot of stiff competition at that position at present.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby rise on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:54 pm

Andrew wrote:I'd agree that Lopez is a top ten centre in the league, but it bears mentioning that there isn't a lot of stiff competition at that position at present.
Ah come on, I'd take Howard, healthy Bynum, Chandler, Noah, Horford, Marc Gasol, Monroe, healthy Varejao, healthy Bogut, Jefferson, Demarcus Cousins, and maybe Pekovic and last season's Roy Hibbert (who I think is just in a slump to start this season) over him in a heartbeat. You could include Garnett, Duncan, and Bosh as well, as they are playing C for their teams. That's 12-17 better players playing center better than Brook Lopez. Until his rebounding and defense skyrocket, he will be a mediocre starting center. 6 rebounds a game is Bargnani-like. There are players who are a foot shorter and nearly a hundred pounds lighter who are rebounding nearly as well as Lopez (Kyle Lowry comes to mind). While the rest of his game is improving, that holds him back from being a premier center.
rise
Contributor

Postby benji on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:09 pm

Last three seasons, at least 3000 minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/SywPO
Last four seasons, at least 6000 minutes: http://bkref.com/tiny/ArQXN

At least he's not the worst for a career: http://bkref.com/tiny/U22z0
Andrew wrote:I'd agree that Lopez is a top ten centre in the league, but it bears mentioning that there isn't a lot of stiff competition at that position at present.

But there may be a lot of stiffs competing at the position.
benji
now that's how you paint fruit

Postby graybakflip on Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

I've posted this reference before on other thread.

bynum vs lopez
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

chandler vs lopez

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=lopezbr01

The only problems he's had was against dwight and bogut. Yes he's not that athletic freak but when your C can drop 20/6/2.5(current stats in 30 mins) a game and stil has the potential (24 y.o.) he's a legit center. If lopez is criticized for ave. 6 rebs a game, so how about marc gasol? he ave. like 15/7/1.4(current stats in 36 mins). I go hate him tho about his rebounds IF we are out-rebounded by the opposing teams.

I don't really like comparisons, but hey stats don't lie and we are entitled to have our opinion here.
graybakflip

Postby benji on Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:11 pm

Over the last three years Marc Gasol has grabbed 33% more rebounds than Lopez. And he's hardly a great rebounder either. (Neither is thankfully as bad as Cliff Robinson.)

I go hate him tho about his rebounds IF we are out-rebounded by the opposing teams.

The Nets are 27th in the league on the defensive boards right now. This is with two manic rebounders in the lineup.
benji
now that's how you paint fruit

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:22 pm

But this is a respect thread, Brook is a great rebounder.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby graybakflip on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:12 pm

I know he's not that good rebounder for a 7ft C, people judge him that way just to shadow his offensive game. If people just watch the games this season(comparing to the previous seasons), surprisingly he's now being aggressive on both ends. Mostly he dominates the opposing centers and get them to early foul trouble. A complete offensive game not just dunks or overpowering his opponent. He has great footwork, nice touch around the rim. He's still 24 y.o. and have the potential to be better.

And for the record, lopez only played 5 games last season. With players like jordan farmar, trenton hassel, Yi, terrence williams, travis outLOL, stephen graham, lebron gaines, johan petro etc in previous seasons. I mean he wasn't playing aggressive before as he was not fully healthy and don't want to get foul trouble early since nobody on the team can produce points for them(12-70 season). Yep they rank 27th in def rebs but rank 9th in off rebs, overall like 20/21th but the Boston Celtics(last? not sure tho) is bad in rebounds too.

I know he's not dwight howard but I know he's better what the Orlando Magic got from the dwight trade. :wink:
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:19 pm

He's turning out to be great and I don't think anybody's doubting that. Just that there's room to improve in rebounding as lil more is desirable, that's about it. Not an unfair criticism. And it's a good thing in some regard. He's got an obvious reboudning issue in his game and yet he's already a star player at age of 24.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby Andrew on Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 pm

rise wrote:Ah come on, I'd take Howard, healthy Bynum, Chandler, Noah, Horford, Marc Gasol, Monroe, healthy Varejao, healthy Bogut, Jefferson, Demarcus Cousins, and maybe Pekovic and last season's Roy Hibbert (who I think is just in a slump to start this season) over him in a heartbeat. You could include Garnett, Duncan, and Bosh as well, as they are playing C for their teams. That's 12-17 better players playing center better than Brook Lopez.

To be honest, I'd overlooked a couple of those players since they're out with injury at the moment or not at their best; the field is a bit deeper than I remembered off the top of my head. With that in mind, he's probably still top 15, perhaps sneaking into the top ten as far as his performance so far this season is concerned (and not counting power forwards who are playing centre).
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Brawn Shadley on Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:05 am

graybakflip wrote:If people just watch the games

NETS HATERS JUST GOT PWNED1!!11!
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby graybakflip on Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Brooklyn Nets vs New York Knicks
96-89

Give credit to where it's due:

14 pts 4/5 from deep(cluth 3's), and he blocked that melo lay-up in OT(wasn't in the box score but it's pretty obvious that he had his fingers there). Single handedly outs-scored knicks bench (Y) STACKATTACK
Never appreciated him before and during the signing. I were like,"ok he's just gonna be a great locker room presence and bring veteran leadership". Even some fans says that it's just a waste of roster spot, now we all eat crows back there in the forum. I guess it helped him seeing Sheed, Thomas, and Camby felt like it's good 'ol days, jk lol :lol:

Wow just wow, it was like a playoff atmosphere there even like when your watching in on TV. There were some knicks fans(as expected) but not that too many like the home games in Jersey. Love to hear the chants by the fans. When those knicks fans start their chant, brooklynites just responds a much louder stronger chant, I mean this is home now for them glad to hear that. Tho our "best back-court" duo is still strugling on the offensive end, we came up with the win and I credit that to our defense. Chandler had a career night(off from put-backs and PnR's) we held them to 89 pt's on a OT game!. They shot like 38% as a team, and if you remove chandlers stats, they shot a dismal 21-72(29%). Crash and Bogans did their part in manning up Melo(still 33pt's), had the game high in pts but eventually came up short due to fatigue?(played 50 mins)not sure. DWill again still struggled making his shots, but came in more of the passing PG(he's best when he controls the tempo) still made an impact. Lopez tho had an off night(yep he struggled) still manage to have a decent 22/11(7 off rebs)/5blks, again he was really active on both ends, still had some sloppy plays but definitely a good game for a center playing against the DPOY last season. And I do agree that Evans is the "Dennis Rodman" of this team(per shaq), 14 rebs in 17 mins? :shock:

Great Win!, made it tied 1st in the division, 2nd eastern conference and 5th best record in the league(it gets more exciting when JJ and DWill makes more of their shots and getting back in mid season form). BROOOK-LYYN, BROOOK-LYN, BROOOK-LYYN :cool:
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:15 pm

Brooklyn Nets @ Boston Celtics

95 - 83 Brooklyn win

Again the defense of this team is fantastic!. Held the veteran boston celtics to a 83 point total? and that brawl late in the 2nd Q, oh they mad now, :lol: . Some said we won 'coz rondo wasn't there? guess what's the score before the brawl? a 21 pt lead(biggest lead), on the road against a eastern contending team?, hmmm. Brook Lopez had foul troubles(first time in a loooong time, word: aggressive), so not that much action from him, but guess what? 9pts/10 rebs in 17 mins, now people might say he can't score eh? still learning tho. Andray Blatche and Reggie Evans killing them on the boards(again out-rebounded them) and hustle plays. So happy w/ our bench guys, Jerry "The Wire" Stackhouse was money on the corners(17pts 5/6 3pt FG), and he's playing good defense also w/ Bogans!, even our bench out-scored our starters, :lol: . Well I guess 2 rivalries in just 3 nights? haha glad league knows now were not that "oh nets? they wont be in playoffs, a lottery team just like bobcats" :lol: . And you know it's a funny day when on the other game(MIL vs NYK), you hear that chant "Brooklyn's Better!"(as chandler was going on the FT line), oh made my day lol. Can't wait for a rematch in Brooklyn on xmas day. And hey, one of our aim was stop rondo's streak(stat padder? too many wide open layups where he decides to pass to Collins?), haha better than I thought. GO BROOKLYN NETS!!! :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Before I love KG, but this made me puke:
Look at his feet, total punk move.

I guess ronda needs to trim her nails then, as it was a scratching fight not actually a brawl:
http://pics.lockerz.com/s/265000792
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Thu Nov 29, 2012 3:44 pm

Hahaha. I love KG. Good job, a job well done.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby Brawn Shadley on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:09 am

Only a bitch would be proud of sissy scratch wounds as to share a picture of it. What's next he's gonna be proud of a scrapped knee because he's a big boy now?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
Brawn Shadley

Postby graybakflip on Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:22 am

Uhoh..

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--rajon-rondo-s-misplaced--loyalty--in-scuffle-with-kris-humphries-hurts-celtics-165109932.html

The consensus of NBA executives on Thursday morning was a two- or three-game suspension for Rondo. "I think the internal argument will be to make it three, because it spilled into the stands," one longtime GM said Thursday morning.

I feel bad for the Boston Celtics team :(
graybakflip

Postby graybakflip on Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:16 am

Brooklyn Nets @ Miami Heat, battle for the top team of the east. Nets would be w/o Brook Lopez(mild sprained foot), Blatche starts at the C. Last time they've met was a 30 pt blowout, was their 3rd game of the season and w/o crash. The next 2 games would be a great test for them(Miami, OKC). A 11-4 record after November is not that bad I guess, GO BROOKLYYN NETS! (Y) (Y)
graybakflip

Postby NovU on Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:53 am

This is a statement game for the Heat. BKN will learn it the hard way that they're a distant second, third, or even fourth. But since this is a respect thread, I am calling the Heat by 10.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby NovU on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:11 pm

Finally Marshon Brooks got some minutes. :shake: Marshon > 40 yr old Stack
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby Andrew on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm

NovU wrote:This is a statement game for the Heat. BKN will learn it the hard way that they're a distant second, third, or even fourth. But since this is a respect thread, I am calling the Heat by 10.

Should be noted, you came pretty close there. That was a 13 point victory for the Heat, IIRC.
Andrew
Administrator

Postby NovU on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 pm

Deron Williams complaining about Avery Johnson running too much 1 on 1 plays now. Remember him getting rid of Jerry Sloan for lack of 1 on 1 plays in his book. A coach killer.

This team is a mess. And I love their payroll. This should be a fun team to watch for years to come.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby NovU on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:35 am

The Brooklyn Nets have fired Avery Johnson, league sources tell Yahoo! Sports.Johnson didn't last through the All-Star break. With Deron Williams questioning Johnson's system, the Nets reeling and Gerald Wallace calling out his teammates after Wednesday's loss, the writing was on the wall for the team to make a decision. P.J. Carlesimo will take over the team on an interim basis. Dec 27 - 12:59 PM

This probably is worth its own thread but since it's only the Nets...

Deron is 2-0 against his coaches. No wonder he and Dwight wanted to team up together.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Two Time Defending Champ

Postby AjsKjub on Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Carlesimo turned out to be a good asset for BN. Waited for some minutes to be given to Teletovic for a while now because i knew what he could do, also Blatche did good last couple of games imo. Good team performance overall and deserving win against Kings.
AjsKjub

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball Talk