A FshED Suggestion

All issues regarding FshEd and the EA Graphics Editor. This section has been locked as support for EAGE and FshEd has basically been discontinued.

A FshED Suggestion

Postby FriarFan on Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:20 pm

Hi, Brien. First off, thank you for making this great program. It really adds another element to patching.

I have a suggestion for FshED. Would it be possible to make a plug-in that can automatically import all 20 numbers into the fshname_num.fsh file? What I am saying is, it is a tedius operation to import each individual number into the fshname_num.fsh file after you have created a custom number set. Would it be possible to open the fshname_num.fsh file, click on the plug-in, and have the plug-in open a directory where all the numbers that need to be imported are (0000 to 00021) and import them into the fshname_num.fsh? It would save a lot of time, so I thought it was worth asking.

Also, like the number editing that you incorporated, is it possible to also move the players last name on the jerseys? For example, I know the Hawks and the Kings used to have there names below the numbers on the back. It would be cool to be able to do that.

Thanks for all that you have done. It is greatly apprecaited.
FriarFan

Re: A FshED Suggestion

Postby Brien on Mon Jun 23, 2003 4:00 pm

FriarFan wrote:Hi, Brien. First off, thank you for making this great program. It really adds another element to patching.

Thanx. It seems that FshEd is actually working well for some patches. You guys (patchers) really add the next dimension to the game. EA actually designed the game with you guys in mind.

I have a suggestion for FshED. Would it be possible to make a plug-in that can automatically import all 20 numbers into the fshname_num.fsh file? What I am saying is, it is a tedius operation to import each individual number into the fshname_num.fsh file after you have created a custom number set. Would it be possible to open the fshname_num.fsh file, click on the plug-in, and have the plug-in open a directory where all the numbers that need to be imported are (0000 to 00021) and import them into the fshname_num.fsh? It would save a lot of time, so I thought it was worth asking.

I'll look into it. Actually, you can drag and drop all numbers at once now, but they will all be 32 bpp and will be missing some attachments. This plugin shouldn't be that hard since the "name" attachment is the same as the name of the shape in the fsh directory. :)

Also, like the number editing that you incorporated, is it possible to also move the players last name on the jerseys? For example, I know the Hawks and the Kings used to have there names below the numbers on the back. It would be cool to be able to do that.

I dunno. Can you point me to two jersey sets (from EA) that have the letters in different positions? (i.e., I want to look at the two fsh files). If so, I can definitely do it. I really haven't spent much time cracking the file formats for Live 2003. :oops:

Thanks for all that you have done. It is greatly apprecaited.

NP
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Return to FshEd & EA Graphics Editor