New Editor nearly done.

All issues regarding FshEd and the EA Graphics Editor. This section has been locked as support for EAGE and FshEd has basically been discontinued.

New Editor nearly done.

Postby Brien on Tue May 06, 2003 7:02 am

An EXTREME beta version of FshEd will be available this week. If you want to beta test it (see "thanks" thread below), now is the time to make sure you included your email address. :wink:
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby LegoSHAQ on Tue May 06, 2003 8:57 am

Brien is this a GUI based FSH editor?
LegoSHAQ

Postby Brien on Wed May 07, 2003 12:24 am

ĐrεamSPeaker wrote:Brien is this a GUI based FSH editor?

Yes.
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Tuomas on Sat May 10, 2003 3:15 am

Sorry for my stupidness and such :oops: but I have'nt been readin this section much. What are new features for the new version?
Tuomas

Postby BIG GREEN on Sat May 10, 2003 4:58 am

Can't wait for it brien. Live 2004 will be out soon..your gonna be a busy man if they once again change the format of the fsh files. I doubt they will though...since it will have only been one year.
A big fan of the emerald hue and much higher state of being/
Yohance "thug" Bailey on the scene...now known as Big Green/
BIG GREEN

Re: reply

Postby Brien on Sat May 10, 2003 2:39 pm

Finnboy wrote:Sorry for my stupidness and such :oops: but I have'nt been readin this section much. What are new features for the new version?

You can check out the "Thanks" thread below for more info. Essentially, it is a fsh editor that allows you to build, view, and edit fsh files. EAGE does more things but EAGE can not create, add, and delete items from fsh files. EAGE can only import to fsh files.

FshEd also allows some manipulation of Object attachments. I hid those from your view in EAGE.

FshEd will allow automatic creation of mipmaped files (of everytype) and will automatically create 8 bit indexed files from 24 bit images. So there is no need to work with indexed files anymore.
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Brien on Sat May 10, 2003 2:41 pm

Yohance Bailey wrote:Can't wait for it brien. Live 2004 will be out soon..your gonna be a busy man if they once again change the format of the fsh files. I doubt they will though...since it will have only been one year.

I have built FshEd from the ground up with future updates in mind. New file types will still be a pain in the butt, but the development cycle will be drastically improved..
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby LegoSHAQ on Sun May 11, 2003 9:26 am

Brien wrote:FshEd will allow automatic creation of mipmaped files (of everytype) and will automatically create 8 bit indexed files from 24 bit images. So there is no need to work with indexed files anymore.

I am very interested in this Brien, I got your email and I am doing some testing.. when you convert 24bit fsh images to 8 bit does it convert the correct transperancy.. cause this is always an issue I have had.. transperancy with 8 bit is a pain.. but it is easy with 24 bit using NFSHTool... now if I can convert the 24 bit files to 8 bit it would be cool.. (Y)
LegoSHAQ

Postby BIG GREEN on Sun May 11, 2003 1:30 pm

Hey brien..just wondering if remembered to send me a copy. If you did..i didn't get it :?
BIG GREEN

Postby Brien on Tue May 13, 2003 2:40 am

ĐrεamSPeaker wrote:I am very interested in this Brien, I got your email and I am doing some testing.. when you convert 24bit fsh images to 8 bit does it convert the correct transperancy.. cause this is always an issue I have had.. transperancy with 8 bit is a pain.. but it is easy with 24 bit using NFSHTool... now if I can convert the 24 bit files to 8 bit it would be cool.. (Y)

In FshEd, if you open a 24 bit image, and it has a corresponding 8 bit alpha channel bitmap (same as in nfshtool), it will automatically create a 32 bit fsh. Then, if you convert it to 8 bpp, FshEd will automatically create a palette with transparency information. This involves no messing around with separte palettes. Just create the image you like and FshEd does the rest.

The FshEd I sent you has a problem saving files, but it can do just what you are saying. Look for a place to download new versions soon.
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Brien on Tue May 13, 2003 2:42 am

Yohance Bailey wrote:Hey brien..just wondering if remembered to send me a copy. If you did..i didn't get it :?

Sorry, I was anxious to get you a copy, but when I sent it I got a delivery error message. I post FshEd to a internet location and post the URL here.
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby LegoSHAQ on Tue May 13, 2003 9:00 am

Brien wrote:The FshEd I sent you has a problem saving files, but it can do just what you are saying. Look for a place to download new versions soon.

Yep the new version works a treat.. (Y) .. thanks Brien..
LegoSHAQ

Postby BIG GREEN on Fri May 16, 2003 12:21 am

FshEd sounds great man. Can't wait. :)
BIG GREEN

Return to FshEd & EA Graphics Editor