Court Editing - Two-point field goal area

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

Court Editing - Two-point field goal area

Postby hentzman on Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:33 pm

This is a request especially for programmers and those guys don't have to play Live 2000, necessarily.

When it comes to court editing in NBA Live 2000, there is a flaw in making them really realistic. As you know, newer NBA courts have a different look than former ones. The area between the key and the three point lines can have another wood color.

What I have seen, in every other NBA Live version, this feature has been realized, only NBA live 2000 is lacking of it. This has to do with the *.bin files belongig to the *.fsh court files. By editing those binary files one can change the colors of the key, off court area and lines. For most of my court patches I use the pdcrt.bin, which is the binary file belonging to the original Philadelphia 76ers court. However, this bin file hasn’t hex values to change the wood color of the two-point field goal area.

There is only one court in the original unpatched NBA Live 2000 game with another two-point area color – the court of the Charlotte Hornets. But the fsh file of that court is not useful for me, so I have to solve the problem by changing the pdcrt.bin. But how?

My intention was to copy hex values from one bin file to the other. But everything I did caused crashes of the game. It seems obvious that only one way can work. You have to write new hex values.

Well, Idon’t know if I expressed myself clearly, but if you think you can help, please let me know.

hentzman

Re: Court Editing - Two-point field goal area

Postby Murat on Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:44 am

GREAT. Just great man, we need some CREATIVE patchers like YOU.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:06 am

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby hentzman on Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks Andrew. Those tutorials were a basis for my court editing, but unfortunately, they don't help in this specific case.

The wood color of the two-point field goal area has to be changed in the binary file of a court. There are hex values there, grouped in blocks, determing position and color of specific court objects. However, like I said, there is only one binary file in the unpatched NBA Live 2000 game, that has hex lines for that specific area - that of the Charlotte Hornets' court.

Copying those hex lines or blocks to another court's binary file is causing crashes.Obviously, one have to write new hex values for that area in each binary file.

Well, I think, only an expert for binary files can help here or this feature of newer NBA Courts will never be realized in NBA Live 2000 court patches.

For a better understanding what court element I mean, in later NBA Live versions this wood part is the "kwod" and it can be changed by a picture in the ***vram.fsh file. That is pretty easy.
hentzman

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:36 pm

Indeed. I was hoping perhaps one of those guides contained some clues on how it could be replicated but I guess not. Unfortunately I can't be of any help in that area, hope you can figure it out or someone else has some suggestions.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live Vintage