I have some questions (NBA Live 2000)

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

I have some questions (NBA Live 2000)

Postby Liv Morgan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 9:36 am

OK, I'm working on some patches for NBA Live 2000, but a couple of things have confused me.

Here are my questions:
1) Do I need to enable customart, and if so, how would I do so?
2) With the location.dbf file, I don't see one in my save folder. I've noticed two others, in the OrigDB and DBData folders. Do I need to copy one of them into my save folder, or do I just have to edit the ones in those folders? And if so, which one(s)?
3) Can I create a team outside of the in-game creation mode, like in the later Live versions? Because I don't want to duplicate players to create my teams, that's why I want to do that.

Thanks a bunch!
Super. Bowl. LIV. MORGAN.

Formerly known as SydynElemental

Liv Chicago.
Liv Morgan

Re: I have some questions (NBA Live 2000)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:45 am

1. No.

2. No, from memory you just edit the location.dbf files in the database folders.

3. You can, but that's making things more complicated than it needs to be. Just create placeholder players (or the players you want to add to the team), create the team and delete any duplicates.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: I have some questions (NBA Live 2000)

Postby Liv Morgan on Fri Apr 16, 2010 11:09 am

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the quick (and very helpful) response.

EDIT: I've got a slight problem involving my patch. I tried importing some numbers for my jersey, and some of the colors go wacky in EAGE. I have uploaded a screenshot of EAGE and some of the good and bad numbers:

The large 0 & 1, as well as the slightly smaller 0, are fine (the pink background ones), but the others with the different colored backgrounds are not as I intended. Is it supposed to be that way, or what could I be doing wrong? I have tried both .bmp and .png images, as well as decreasing the color depth. All produce the same result. Could somebody help me with this problem?

Thanks a bunch!
Super. Bowl. LIV. MORGAN.

Formerly known as SydynElemental

Liv Chicago.
Liv Morgan

Return to NBA Live Vintage