Thanks Andrew -NBA LIVE 2001 - YEAAA!!

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

Thanks Andrew -NBA LIVE 2001 - YEAAA!!

Postby racetime on Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:49 am

This game was the bomb, remembered playing it on my old shit-box of a 133mhz pc (wait, was it that long agO :crazyeyes: i could be wrong!!) which had the ugly old beige/grey color.. but damned I loved playing the game, putting in a music cd and listening to awesome music (like garbage or coolios one soul) while creating a dynasty for the ages!!!

I still have the backup save files, with 500+ saves games for my dynasty (including saved highlights vids).

Andrew, I am a super fan and love your efforts keeping this underground thing going, games like this and sites/ efforts like yours keep the NBA live series spirit relevant again.

Thank, kudos, and there is a way to import the current franchise rosters with imaginary players as a default roster right? on both nba live 2001 and 2005? i cant play nba live 2001 coz of vista not compatible with it but i will get a suped up vista pc AND a suped up xp pc... one day when i am not so damn poor lol

thanks andrew,

-steve
racetime

Re: Thanks Andrew -NBA LIVE 2001 - YEAAA!!

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:53 am

Thanks for the kind words. :) Do you mean importing a franchise from one game to another or importing the rosters from a franchise/Dynasty into a saved roster so that you can use them in other modes?
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby racetime on Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:40 am

I meant importing my rosters from my franchise to a saved roster so I can use them in other modes, i think its just a matter of copying the .db files isnt it? (live2001)

i'd like to import a specific player from my 2005 as well, and can I import a roster franchise with imaginary drafted players into a saved roster as well like above?

Hey andrew, what do you do in your downtime? are u currently working atm?
racetime

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am

Yeah, it's basically a matter of copying the dbf files over. That should be all you need to do for 2001 and 2005.

In my downtime...well, that's when I do work with the site, actually. I'm self-employed these days so I'm able to do NLSC stuff in between doing work for and meeting with customers.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby racetime on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:40 pm

I wish I could be viably self employed too. work is much too stressful, science is not as glamorous as telly makes it (over here anyways). any tips on being self employed? im thinking of just mucking around starting a website and trying those linkbucks things lol. I need a paypal though rite?

lmao its a wonder how i survived this long without paypal :)

can I ask btw what you do in ur self employment? trying to get an idea how to start being in that category
racetime

Postby Null17 on Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:54 pm

Be good at something or make something that people keep coming back for more. Then market yourself to those people.
Null17

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:03 pm

LIVE2001FOREVER wrote:I wish I could be viably self employed too. work is much too stressful, science is not as glamorous as telly makes it (over here anyways). any tips on being self employed? im thinking of just mucking around starting a website and trying those linkbucks things lol. I need a paypal though rite?

can I ask btw what you do in ur self employment? trying to get an idea how to start being in that category

Computer services and repairs. I'd previously been working as a support tech for a local ISP.

It depends what kind of business you're running but assuming you've got an idea/business model and the skills to do whatever work it involves, it's a matter of scouting out the competition and seeing what kind of services they offer and what they're charging so that you can work out pricing that is fair to you and the consumer. Then it's about getting your name out there so you can start bringing in the business. I just work from home either going out and doing on-site work or working on customer's PCs in small workshop setup I have, so my overheads are low since I'm not renting an office/storefront and I'm a sole trader so while I'm doing all the jobs I don't have any employees to pay other than myself.

Beyond that, it's simply being motivated and committed to making the business work. For example, I have to be prepared to work whenever the calls come in. I can make my own hours but I have to be flexible and if that means going out to someone's place on a Sunday afternoon to do some repairs or pick up a PC for a job I'll be working on off-site, so be it. You establish goodwill with customers in the local area and then you become the person they call whenever they're having problems with their computer. I've done a couple of follow up jobs for regular customers at no cost (nothing that's involved major work though) and while you're thinning your profits there, you tend to get it back because you get the work again when they have more serious problems.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby racetime on Sat May 02, 2009 6:05 am

Andrew wrote:
LIVE2001FOREVER wrote:I wish I could be viably self employed too. work is much too stressful, science is not as glamorous as telly makes it (over here anyways). any tips on being self employed? im thinking of just mucking around starting a website and trying those linkbucks things lol. I need a paypal though rite?

Computer services and repairs. I'd previously been working as a support tech for a local ISP.

It depends what kind of business you're running but assuming you've got an idea/business model and the skills to do whatever work it involves, it's a matter of scouting out the competition and seeing what kind of services they offer and what they're charging so that you can work out pricing that is fair to you and the consumer. Then it's about getting your name out there so you can start bringing in the business. I just work from home either going out and doing on-site work or working on customer's PCs in small workshop setup I have, so my overheads are low since I'm not renting an office/storefront and I'm a sole trader so while I'm doing all the jobs I don't have any employees to pay other than myself.

Beyond that, it's simply being motivated and committed to making the business work. For example, I have to be prepared to work whenever the calls come in. I can make my own hours but I have to be flexible and if that means going out to someone's place on a Sunday afternoon to do some repairs or pick up a PC for a job I'll be working on off-site, so be it. You establish goodwill with customers in the local area and then you become the person they call whenever they're having problems with their computer. I've done a couple of follow up jobs for regular customers at no cost (nothing that's involved major work though) and while you're thinning your profits there, you tend to get it back because you get the work again when they have more serious problems.

wow, im sure the lifestyle is pretty cool though, i mean who doesnt want to be home? i think everybody who leaves in the morning to the office wishes that the office was a mistaken target for a test missile site that morning and they can spend the whole week at home. I understand about the motivation part though, so you must love computers and the codes they follow (lol) to work universally. hey is the windows platform as crappy as we all think it is? i mean the coding behind it?

and one other question, id like to import a roster from a saved file in 2k5, how do i go about doing it? (import as a saved roster so i can play around with the rosters) i am sorry for my late reply, been coming here and looking at the board but ive been too bombed and tired from work to even type coherently. i'd like to share a saved franchise file as well with you, there are awesome generated players there and my team is a bomb.
racetime

Postby Andrew on Sat May 02, 2009 11:58 am

Well, I certainly like earning money so that I can live a somewhat comfortable lifestyle. If I won the lottery tomorrow, fixing computers would simply be a hobby to bring in some extra money to live off week-to-week. ;)

Do you mean importing from NBA Live 2005 to NBA Live 2001? That's kind of tough, basically you need to take NBA Live 2005's dbf files and edit them so that they match the layout of 2001's databases with all the appropriate data fields. NBA Live 2005 introduced some major changes to the databases including splitting player data into players.dbf and appearance.dbf so it would be quite a job.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby racetime on Sat May 02, 2009 9:20 pm

Andrew wrote:Well, I certainly like earning money so that I can live a somewhat comfortable lifestyle. If I won the lottery tomorrow, fixing computers would simply be a hobby to bring in some extra money to live off week-to-week. ;)

Do you mean importing from NBA Live 2005 to NBA Live 2001? That's kind of tough, basically you need to take NBA Live 2005's dbf files and edit them so that they match the layout of 2001's databases with all the appropriate data fields. NBA Live 2005 introduced some major changes to the databases including splitting player data into players.dbf and appearance.dbf so it would be quite a job.

yeah, the lottery is definitely helpful. lol, very much so helpful. if i won it im going to set up a massive home theathre and gym system

hey andrew, i meant importing a franchise game from 2005 with imaginary drafted players into 2005 as a roster file. anyways to do this? i cant find the roster file or the save files for 2005. thanks andrew!
racetime

Postby shadowgrin on Sat May 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Isn't the save folder somewhere in My Documents as a hidden folder?

Null17 wrote:Be good at something or make something that people keep coming back for more. Then market yourself to those people.

Prostitution?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby racetime on Sun May 03, 2009 4:39 am

shadowgrin wrote:Isn't the save folder somewhere in My Documents as a hidden folder?

Null17 wrote:Be good at something or make something that people keep coming back for more. Then market yourself to those people.

Prostitution?

lol

ive found the save folder, copied to the mydocs/nbalive05/origdatabase or something like that

the game now has my futuristic franchise rosters as default, and ive tweaked the rosters. however when i start a new franchise with this now futuristic roster, there isnt any game scheduled for any months and after simulating the empty months the start playoff button doesnt appear. probably coz there isnt any games played.

help?
racetime

Postby Andrew on Sun May 03, 2009 10:28 am

Never work with files in the database folders. What you'll need to do is save a roster (doesn't matter what data's in place), then copy the databases from the Dynasty save to the new roster save folder. Re-load the roster and then start a new Dynasty; everything should be fine.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby racetime on Mon May 04, 2009 1:28 am

i deleted my original db files :shock: so now im left with copying the db files from your uninjured latest roster update.

then i loaded my rosters from my dynasty franchise mode as u said, and it went fine until i went into the first offseason and it now hangs on the simulate draft lottery :crazyeyes: ahh i know i messed up bad

anybody can upload the original db files in the documents folder for me? thanks in advance :applaud: :bowdown:

im left cryin over here ahahaha kidding
racetime

Postby Andrew on Mon May 04, 2009 9:51 am

You can always copy them off the disc or from the OrigDB folder under the main game folder (eg C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NBA Live 2005\database\OrigDB). It's a convenient automatic backup of the original files. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby racetime on Tue May 05, 2009 4:25 am

Andrew wrote:You can always copy them off the disc or from the OrigDB folder under the main game folder (eg C:\Program Files\EA Sports\NBA Live 2005\database\OrigDB). It's a convenient automatic backup of the original files. :)

where would we be without you andrew? probably a million less people playing NBA live games and having to put up with telly reruns or something to that efffect :lol: :lol:

thanks Andrew! (Y) (Y) (Y) :bowdown: (Y) (Y)
racetime

Postby Andrew on Tue May 05, 2009 4:23 pm

You're welcome. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby xen0cider on Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:51 pm

hey mister,,,race time could you share this game for me plzzz.
xen0cider

Return to NBA Live Vintage