HELP!!! Absurd Simulation Statistics (Database Fix?)

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

HELP!!! Absurd Simulation Statistics (Database Fix?)

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:20 am

Happy New Year to all on the Gregorian calendar,

Hey. Question about some off-kilter stats produced in simulation mode by four of my created players. I am simulating a season using 25 created teams with rosters made-up of players of my own creation -- mostly of my creation, that is, as some of these created players are based on contemporary NBA stars or historic legends. In the current sim season, my Kobe Bryant-ish player is averaging over 74 points/game, 90 rbs. per & I believe 30 blks. per; the Mike Jordan stand-in is up around 70/game; the Wilt Chamberlain 40 or 50-something/game; & the faux Ralph Sampson hgh 40 pts/game. Every other player in this created league seems to be generating reasonable stats thus far . . . the next leading scorer, I believe, is the Isiah Thomas stand-in, who's scoring in the mid-20s (high for Zeke, but not outrageous), as are my Larry Bird & Julius Erving replicas.

I'm wondering whether there might be a database editor (DBF) fix I might employ in correcting these absurd stats generated in simulation mode. If so, what is it? While I find it interesting that such numbers were produced by my adaptations of some of the game's greatest scorers (aside Big Ralph), I'd like these created players to produce numbers more in line with that which is reasonable in a 48-minute game/82-game, NBA season. I have experienced this trouble before with created players in Live 2000 . . . and, if I recall correctly, the problem usually stemmed from my own error in changing the Clutch rating (which I typically leave at the default 75 score for created players) while generating new players. Yet, this is not the issue in the above season. Each player scores at 75 in the Clutch category.

As always, I greatly appreciate any assistance that any of you thoughtful gentlemen (and ladies) might provide in 2009. Peace,

MT
mortalsoul3

Re: HELP!!! Absurd Simulation Statistics (Database Fix?)

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:51 am

NBA Live 2000's players.dbf offers a solution commonly referred to as DSTATS, meaning the stats columns at the end of the database preceeded by a "D". By entering statistics in these columns, you can set "example" stats for your players, which the game will follow in simulation and generally produce results that are very similar (sometimes slightly higher or lower). This way, you can set the bar for a player's performance by entering the stats of your choosing, say the season stats for Kobe, Jordan and Chamberlain respectively from whatever year of their career you feel is most appropriate.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mortalsoul3 on Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:34 am

Excellent, Andrew. This sounds like an apt solution. Many, many thanks as always, and Happy New Year to you & yours. Peace,

MT
mortalsoul3

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:40 am

You're welcome. Happy New Year to you too. :)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Airtight on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:08 am

The similar error in Live 2000 came from altering players looks then saving without also alterating his attributes. I've had the same problem; all it took was to edit one point on the player's attributes, save, then edit the attribute back to where I originally wanted it then it was all good.
Airtight

Return to NBA Live Vintage