NBA Live 98 accessories patch

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

NBA Live 98 accessories patch

Postby youvalss on Sun Jul 17, 2022 3:28 am

Hi all, I see that there is a Live 98 accessories patch in the downloads section. Can anyone share some images or video of what it looks like?
I know Live 98 was the last Live game without accessories (excluding Live 2001 that for some reason was missing it), so I'm interested to see what the patch can do.
I might try to find the game, I used to love it back then. Thanks!
youvalss

Re: NBA Live 98 accessories patch

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:11 am

It adds the accessories directly to the arm and leg textures for specific skin tones. Glancing at the readme, it looks like to get it to work properly, you also need to edit some skin tones if you don't want all players to have Keith Van Horn's long socks, or MJ's leg sleeve. Also, the sleeve will appear on both legs due to limitations in the textures. Basically the same method as the mods the added accessories in NBA Live 2001, though there was some more flexibility there.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:39 am

A couple of screenshots.

So as you can see, they'll apply to everyone as there aren't any individual player arm and leg textures, and they'll also be mirrored on both limbs. Compression shorts and a barbwire tattoo are also included.

If you'd like to try it out, here is an updated common.viv file, as well as a backup to restore the original textures: https://www.mediafire.com/file/kopz7z5p ... 98.7z/file

It goes in the \ART\INGAME\MISC subfolder in your NBA Live 98 folder.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby youvalss on Mon Jul 18, 2022 8:11 am

Great, thanks so much for the info and pics. If I remember back in 2000 someone made accessories for Inside Drive 2000 and could only have accessories on both arms/legs for the same reason.
youvalss

Return to NBA Live Vintage