Re: Summer League is Back

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:19 am

Cool. (Y)
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby TGsoGood on Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:31 am

This is very encouraging. I feel that if summer league is incorporated into MyLeague, My GM modes as well as my Career it will be a very useful mode.
I see more people getting use out of a summer league in My League and My GM because after about two seasons you would not really want to play on the summer league rosters in My Career, as the summer league is for rookies/ 2nd year players as well as players looking looking to find a roster spot in the league.

I'm not even going to speculate which modes will contain Summer League but I would hope that in addition to summer league we can still look forward to some type of High School/ college/ or Euroleague prelude to our players being drafted. I've spent a little time thinking that it would make more sense for 2K to just bring back the combine rather than having generic High School or College gameplay for the My Career Story.

I wonder if you will be able to raise your Player's rating by participating in summer league... Well this news is encouraging to say the least.
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 11, 2015 5:22 pm

I imagine it could be a part of the story in MyCAREER this year, at least in the first season or two, and perhaps an optional means of boosting your ratings or latching on with another team after that. I'm hoping it'll be implemented across MyCAREER, MyGM, and MyLEAGUE, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:23 pm

Cool (Y)
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:33 pm

Add it to my league/gm to give us an other element to the real feel life of a armchair GM.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:02 pm

Didn't they already have something like this in 2K10-11 with the Summer Circuit, but they took it out probably because people were complaining it took too long for them to get to their actual NBA games?

I'm all for an extreme level of immersion like this, but they should really add a way to import your player from one year's game to the next, because with them releasing a game each year it's really hard to make any type of major progress in this mode. I've never finished one season.
[Hyperize]

Postby mp3 on Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:59 pm

They did used to have a summer circuit yes before the draft but they also had the DLeague that you went to if you didn't get drafted
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby TGsoGood on Sun Jul 12, 2015 2:27 am

cavs4872 wrote:I'm all for an extreme level of immersion like this, but they should really add a way to import your player from one year's game to the next, because with them releasing a game each year it's really hard to make any type of major progress in this mode. I've never finished one season.

yes this is needed
Follow me on PATREON https://www.patreon.com/TGsoGood
Consider donating: http://cash.me/$TheJohnsonFamily or http://paypal.me/4TheGoods
Follow me on twitter @TGsoGood
Check me out on youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPydhZ ... PeRSmEVynQ

NBA 2K21 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=267&t=110608
NBA 2K17 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=225&t=102251#p1860681
NBA 2K14 TGsoGood Mods and releases - viewtopic.php?f=153&t=96056
TGsoGood
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:32 am

TGsoGood wrote:
cavs4872 wrote:I'm all for an extreme level of immersion like this, but they should really add a way to import your player from one year's game to the next, because with them releasing a game each year it's really hard to make any type of major progress in this mode. I've never finished one season.

yes this is needed

I'd love to see that, too.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Maverick on Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:16 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Didn't they already have something like this in 2K10-11 with the Summer Circuit, but they took it out probably because people were complaining it took too long for them to get to their actual NBA games?

Nope, they took it out to bring it back as a 'NEW' feature again. Just look how excited we get. I prob won't skip this year's game again. Thanks 2K or I hate you lol. Another one bites the dust

That would be awesome (Y) Either just the MyCARREER 'PLAYER' or the save file with the teams roster intact. The new 2K16 rookies will come the next Draft and we'll play a part who our team should pick. Pipe dreamin'
Maverick
for Life

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:28 pm

I expect it could be nice optional way to boost your draft rating year prior to the draft (if the high school rumors will be confirmed) and maybe in the first year or two of the NBA career to boost ratings/reputation (it's one thing to play off the bench rookie in regular season and star in the summer league).

As for the import feature: It was doable in gen7 ports, but gen8 got the story stuff going which you would either miss or start seriously overpowered (just imagine it, starting 2K15 story with 85 overall would be ridiculous story breaker).

Also, VC. I bet there's lots of people actually buying it.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 am

It depends how much the story branches. If there was an option to begin your career as a star prospect, or a raw player who needs to work extra hard to make the league, then that would be a way to bring across your player from the previous year (facilitating the former).

At the very least, having played through MyCAREER the year before and significantly upgraded your player could at least allow you a bit of a head start...especially if you're supposed to be a big deal, yet are only rated 65 overall.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:43 pm

Yup I get it. Like I said, I think that starting too much strong in 2K15 would've been story breaking (so why the hell they didn't draft new MJ/LBJ/NA?), but it would be nice to get something like "Choose 3 badges and 5 skill upgrades" as a loyalty bonus.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Return to NBA 2K16