Help needed

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Help needed

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:22 pm

Hey all,

I know this isn't the right section, I think the FAQ section is locked? I've just purchased this game and I'm keen to mod it. Are there any guides available anywhere? Rosters especially. I can seem to download any of the rosters while I'm in the game. I keep getting an error message and seem to be stuck with the boring default roster!!!
This topic was moved from NBA 2K16 Modding by Andrew on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:49 am.
Lakeshow2482

Re: Help needed

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:24 am

Lakeshow2482 wrote:Hey all,

I know this isn't the right section, I think the FAQ section is locked? I've just purchased this game and I'm keen to mod it. Are there any guides available anywhere? Rosters especially. I can seem to download any of the rosters while I'm in the game. I keep getting an error message and seem to be stuck with the boring default roster!!!

I am assuming you have the Steam Version of the game. So here we go:

1. External Plugin: Place this in your Main NBA 2k16 directory, and the mods you download go in the modded folder. Heres the link to TBM's thread.

viewtopic.php?f=221&t=100128

2. NBA 2k Explorer: This will help if you decide you want to MAKE art related mods and view files (Portraits/Scoreboard edits etc). This will also enable you to make your own jukebox music. Here is Gregs link to download the tool:

viewtopic.php?f=221&t=99943

Here are my video tutorials on how to mod certain aspects of the game

Portrait making/editing
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=101296

Scoreboard editing
viewtopic.php?f=222&t=101291

Jukebox editing
viewtopic.php?f=222&t=101282

Also, please see Iamsamkes complete guide which gives you a lot of helpful links for modding
viewtopic.php?f=221&t=99965

3. Being online: Again, assuming you have the full paid version for Steam, make sure that you are ONLINE on Steam (use the menu in the top left hand corner of Steam). If it says "Go online" as an option, it means your Steam is offline, and you wont be able to download rosters in the game. If it says "Go offline", it means you ARE online and you should be able to download rosters in the game.

Let me know if you have any questions.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:56 am

Dee4Three wrote:

1. External Plugin: Place this in your Main NBA 2k16 directory, and the mods you download go in the modded folder. Heres the link to TBM's thread.

2. NBA 2k Explorer: This will help if you decide you want to MAKE art related mods and view files (Portraits/Scoreboard edits etc). This will also enable you to make your own jukebox music. Here is Gregs link to download the tool:

Portrait making/editing

Scoreboard editing

Jukebox editing

Also, please see Iamsamkes complete guide which gives you a lot of helpful links for modding

3. Being online: Again, assuming you have the full paid version for Steam, make sure that you are ONLINE on Steam (use the menu in the top left hand corner of Steam). If it says "Go online" as an option, it means your Steam is offline, and you wont be able to download rosters in the game. If it says "Go offline", it means you ARE online and you should be able to download rosters in the game.

Awesome! Sounds really straight forward. Thanks heaps! But how about rosters? I noticed in the downloads section that there isn't any and that with this gen of 2k that rosters only seem to be on the cloud? Is that the case? Can you not have a saved roster anymore?
Lakeshow2482

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:19 am

Lakeshow2482 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Portrait making/editing

Scoreboard editing

Jukebox editing

Awesome! Sounds really straight forward. Thanks heaps! But how about rosters? I noticed in the downloads section that there isn't any and that with this gen of 2k that rosters only seem to be on the cloud? Is that the case? Can you not have a saved roster anymore?

Correct. There are no offline rosters. Which is why BUYING the legal version of the game is a smart decision for anyone. The amount of hours that the average gamer puts into NBA 2k16 more than makes up for the money spent on it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:48 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Lakeshow2482 wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:

Portrait making/editing

Scoreboard editing

Jukebox editing

Correct. There are no offline rosters. Which is why BUYING the legal version of the game is a smart decision for anyone. The amount of hours that the average gamer puts into NBA 2k16 more than makes up for the money spent on it.

I do have a legal version. But I keep getting error messages when I try to download a roster online on the matchup screen. I get an error message on startup as well. But my game is updating so maybe I'll wait for that to finish and it might fix the issue. Shame really. I'm dying to use up to date rosters!!
Lakeshow2482

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:12 am

No need! The update fixed it! Thanks for all your help
Lakeshow2482

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:00 am

Lakeshow2482 wrote:No need! The update fixed it! Thanks for all your help

Awesome. No problem.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:49 am

Lakeshow2482 wrote:I know this isn't the right section

If you know it's the wrong section, don't post it there. ;)

In short, any topics that aren't releasing or previewing work should be posted on the main board for a game. If someone creates a tutorial or FAQ thread (that is, a list of questions that has already been answered), we'll move it there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lakeshow2482 on Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:39 pm

Andrew wrote:
Lakeshow2482 wrote:I know this isn't the right section

If you know it's the wrong section, don't post it there. ;)

In short, any topics that aren't releasing or previewing work should be posted on the main board for a game. If someone creates a tutorial or FAQ thread (that is, a list of questions that has already been answered), we'll move it there.

I'd be happy to post this in the right section, but if you read above, for some reason there's no new topic button for me in that section? I actually have another query I'd like to post in that section as well. Are you able to help me post it in that section? I still don't have the ability to start a new topic in there.
Lakeshow2482

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:17 pm

As I said, the main section, where I've moved this, is the correct section for topics like this one. Anything that is not a release or preview belongs in the main discussion area for a game.

As I also said - and it's explained in further detail in the sticky thread in the Tutorials & FAQs section - the section is not open for everyone to post in. That's strictly a resources section where we move threads to, or create when necessary, not a section for posting questions. That's why there's no option to create a topic there: only staff members may do so, or move threads there as appropriate. Again, this is actually explained in the sticky thread in the Tutorials & FAQs section.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K16