NBA 2K16 Available Through PlayStation Plus in June

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

NBA 2K16 Available Through PlayStation Plus in June

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:46 am

If you have a PlayStation 4 and have been holding out on picking up NBA 2K16, or you've been playing the PC version and would just like to double-dip on PS4, now's your chance. PlayStation Plus subscribers will soon be able to pick up the game at no extra cost, as it will be available in June's Instant Game Collection lineup.

Note that NBA 2K16 is a 40+ GB download, so make sure that you have sufficient hard drive space, and if you're on a capped Internet plan, enough data. As with all games that are made available to PlayStation Plus subscribers, you can also choose to simply add the game to your collection, and download it at a later time. It will remain in your collection and available to play, as long as you have an active PlayStation Plus subscription.

If you do decide to pick up NBA 2K16 through this offer, feel free to share your impressions and experiences here in the NLSC Forum. Please note that the PS4 version does not support any external modding, though there are quite a few custom rosters available through 2K Share. If you'd like to play with the special roster in which Stephen Curry is rated 99 Overall, I've shared it under the names "Curry 99 - Official" (the main official roster) and "Curry 99 - Injury-Free" (an injury-free version). If you're on PC and missed out on that roster, I've shared it there as well.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA 2K16 Available Through PlayStation Plus in June

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:25 pm

Nice! I'll give the game a shot. Free is free. (Y) This PS Plus thing has given us quite a few gems over the past year :D
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:49 pm

Agreed. Generally speaking, I'm not a huge fan of having to pay extra to use online features and so forth, but the Instant Game Collection has been a nice reward/incentive.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby ThePointForward on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm

Note that "free is free" as long as you're paying for the PS+.

But yeah there was a leak about it, I just didn't want to spread uncorfirmed info.
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby PeacemanNOT on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:33 pm

This will probably bring in a lot of newbies into the community but it's always great to get more people playing this game.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:51 am

A colleague already asked me if I'll play against him (his first basketball game). I should take it easy on him, right?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:17 am

So does this mean I can download and play 2k16 for free through my psp package??

I let my mate borrow by hard copy in February... still haven't had it back
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:15 am

I'm guessing so.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:18 pm

mp3 wrote:So does this mean I can download and play 2k16 for free through my psp package??

I let my mate borrow by hard copy in February... still haven't had it back

You might have to erase it from your library. and hopefully keep your saves.
I had the NBA Live 15 Demo on my PS4 and had to delete it when I put in the disc when I bought it.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:12 pm

Cool cheers guys, I checked last night on the psp but it's not available till the 7th anyway so hopefully I can get back to playing 2k again, I was going to ask my buddy for my copy back but since he's in the armed forces and doesn't have much down time left I thought I'd leave it with him lol I also looked at picking up a pre owned copy but it's still selling for £25-30 !!
mp3

Postby Lamrock on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:48 am

... Anyone want to buy my physical copy?
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:48 am

It took me a couple hours to download the 52gb necessary for the game last night, but I stayed up until 3 am to play. Definitely hating myself for that right now :lol:

I hopped into my career as you kind of get forced into it. Although there are more face changing options, nba live 16's app was much easier to use and obviously looks just like me.

Loved playing against Leftos and Mike Wang in high school :lol:
I was surprised at the realism of the environment. Mostly hearing cheerleaders, the crowd's overrated chant, etc.

I love it how the story is basically a He Got Game ripoff (lazy Spike) all the way down to the coaches visiting like in the movie. but it was cool they stuck your player into the scenes.

I stayed with my hometown UCLA bruins and lost my first game to Texas by one. I was looking forward to playing Louisville and getting revenge as they beat my real life school uc Irvine anteaters in the NCAA tournament. We started slow, I got subbed out and came back to an 11 point deficit. I then used a strategy that worked for uc Irvine in real life against them by switching to zone and daring them to shoot from the outside. We wound up coming back and winning by 5.

I was annoyed that I had played 5 games and got no points to upgrade my player so I played 2 on 2 in my park and got smashed by a 90 ovr player for 50 vc

This is my first 2K game since 2k7 and I was pleasantly surprised. Controls were a bit more responsive and dribble moves and shooting off the dribble were actually better than live 16. Also, freestyle passing was fairly responsive as well which was cool because it was a huge disappointment in live 16

It was a lot to go through, but I actually went through all of the animation lists to pick out the animations that would allow my player to play like me. I spent way too much time on it but I am happy about the animations for my player now.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 09, 2016 6:58 am

I did have to delete my hard copy before I could download the DC and I thought I'd gotten away with the 40+gig download when it showed up just 7 but that only took me to the quick game mode where I could use limited teams while the rest of the game download so I left it on over night to finish, not point waiting for it as I knew what to expect from it game wise but yeah got the full copy today working fine and *FREE*!!
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:49 am

[Q] wrote:I love it how the story is basically a He Got Game ripoff (lazy Spike) all the way down to the coaches visiting like in the movie. but it was cool they stuck your player into the scenes.

That may be the most positive review I've seen this year's story receive. :lol:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:43 pm

mp3 wrote:I did have to delete my hard copy before I could download the DC and I thought I'd gotten away with the 40+gig download when it showed up just 7 but that only took me to the quick game mode where I could use limited teams while the rest of the game download so I left it on over night to finish, not point waiting for it as I knew what to expect from it game wise but yeah got the full copy today working fine and *FREE*!!

Yup I figured you'd have to delete based on what happened to me for Live 15.

Andrew wrote:
[Q] wrote:I love it how the story is basically a He Got Game ripoff (lazy Spike) all the way down to the coaches visiting like in the movie. but it was cool they stuck your player into the scenes.

That may be the most positive review I've seen this year's story receive. :lol:

Lol I was expecting the worst based on the reviews so it wasn't bad as I thought it would be. It still sucks but at least it didn't make me want to turn off the game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:01 pm

It's bearable, if you really want to get into MyCAREER. That's about as much as I can say for it, aside from giving credit to the production values in general. It's a corny, recycled story with characters that won't necessarily fit with your MyPLAYER, but it's well-produced.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:32 pm

Random question: is there a place that I can look at my player's "card"? I fell asleep during the draft last night, wound in Cleveland, and was wondering which pick I was

Edit: also can I change my jersey number? I was 11 but they put me at 10 assuming for ilguaskas
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:53 pm

You can change your jersey number through Gameplay Settings.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jun 11, 2016 7:55 am

Ah man I didn't figure it out before I left Cleveland to sign with the Lakers. All the good numbers are taken so I guess I'll stick with 10 until someone leaves.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:07 am

That's OK, you can change it at any time.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K16