Is it authentic ?

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Is it authentic ?

Postby Skysect on Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:02 am

Hi today my PS4 and NBA 2K16 bundle is arrived . When I took the game box a bit surprised because box have some scratches . Then I shocked again open the box because there wasn't any manual or paper thing (serial code , booklet etc.) in the box . And I checked the disk , it seems fine no scratces on the disk . Then insterted it to PS4 . After connected to PSN it started to update game . Is it really original ? Also game box doesn't have NBA hologram unlike my other NBA games . Should I need to return it and want a new copy or is it fine ? Thanks for the answers .
Skysect

Re: Is it authentic ?

Postby Skysect on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:29 am

Additionally I have some extra questions now ; game seems working but everytime asks for disc . How I can play it without disc ? If not psn version wasn't better ? What's the point of buying disc :S
Skysect

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:16 am

You can't play without the disc unless you buy the digital version. That's an anti-piracy measure on Sony's part, to prevent one person from buying a copy and then letting all their friends install it and play it without the disc. As far as the point of buying a disc version, it means you don't have to download a 50 GB game over PSN, which isn't desirable or feasible for everyone.

It's safe to say your game itself is legit, though the packaging does sound shady.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Skysect on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:20 pm

Thanks Andrew so probably I won't buy a disc version again . Disc changing is very boring . And I am scaring for scratch the disk . If I got digital version and if I won't go online after download it , is it asking to go online over and over again or something like that :D ? I am familiar with this type of online checks too from PC gaming . And I haven't connection in our seaside home when playing PS4 in this summer .
Skysect

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:06 pm

There are online components of NBA 2K16 which you obviously won't be able to use without an Internet connection, but there are modes you can still play offline.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Skysect on Fri May 27, 2016 2:47 am

I bought it again from PSN discounts https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/ ... 0000001775 .

Because Blu-ray disc sound really disgusting . Also even now my disc is scratched a bit . I know maybe buying again at this point will be stupid thing . Because pre-orders of 2K17 opening in June . But it will be nice discount for newcomers :D
Skysect

Return to NBA 2K16