What do you think about player-coaches in MyGM and MyLeague

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

What do you think about player-coaches in MyGM and MyLeague

Postby Corymach7 on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:25 am

Throughout the years, there were player-coaches like Bob Pettit in 1962 and Red Holzman in 1954 with the Hawks and Dave Cowens in the 78-79 season and Bill Russell from 1966-1969 with the Celtics.

We can also chalk up Lenny Wilkens as a player-coach for both the Sonics & Blazers in the end of his playing career.

So, if this feature is added in, which is to use player-coaches (I did not mean player turned coaches after retirement, I meant while they are playing), we'd be able to make anyone on our roster a player-coach and that means, if they retire with coaching experience as a player-coach (for example, Steve Blake, Beno Udrih, Ben Gordon, Channing Frye, Mo Williams, Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat, etc.), they will show up in the FA coaches pool.

In this case, are you with me on this? Or are you not?
Corymach7

Re: What do you think about player-coaches in MyGM and MyLeague

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:52 am

Unless there's an in-game mechanic that allows player-coaches to have an impact on gameplay and simulation, it'd be kind of useless.

Corymach7 wrote:if they retire with coaching experience as a player-coach (for example, Steve Blake, Beno Udrih, Ben Gordon, Channing Frye, Mo Williams, Zaza Pachulia, Marcin Gortat, etc.), they will show up in the FA coaches pool.

So once again, it comes back to players becoming coaches after they retire. whether in video games, or real life. It's getting a bit old and tiresome at this point.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K16