Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V6)

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: Official Patch Notes & Discussion (Latest Patch: V2)

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:37 am

UniversalNoob wrote:Did you fix the crash when selecting the leftmost team on starting/joining a myleague online?

Yes, Patch 2 fixed that. You should be able to select the 76ers or whichever other team was the leftmost one based on how much you scrolled.
Eleftherios "Leftos" Aslanoglou
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer
Visual Concepts Entertainment / 2K Sports

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
I'm The Pipeline, The Pipeline Is Me
NBA 2K Developer

Postby sackis on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:54 am

Leftos my man there is keyboard configuration added but i can't save it. I put my own keys i save it and nothing changes.
sackis

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:23 am

Leftos wrote:
Andrew wrote:The pre-game show also seems to be bugged in NBA Today, as there's no further audio or cutscenes after EJ introduces the teams and player stats are displayed.

I'm not seeing this. Fired up Bulls vs Hornets from the NBA Today game selection and they started talking about one of the player's stories after the player stats for a while, before passing the mic to Kevin Harlan. Can you record video of your issue and send it over?

Sure, I'll check today and grab a video of it if it happens. If it helps, it was yesterday's NBA Today games, after they had all concluded in real life.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:25 am

sackis wrote:Leftos my man there is keyboard configuration added but i can't save it. I put my own keys i save it and nothing changes.

What do you mean nothing changes? I believe the menu bindings don't change, only the in-game ones, but I'll verify. I just tried it by setting up my keyboard to have Passes and Shoot on W/S/A/D and move with the arrow keys, went into gameplay, and it worked.

Used to be "That Tools Guy" around here during the good ol' days. Although you probably remember me as your favorite Podcast host.
Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:35 am

Leftos, guys working on patch #3 now? PC will be release with PS4? Or 2k will need more 40 days to release another one?
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby Leftos on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:47 am

Lagoa, your attitude shouldn't get you a response from me, but yes, we are working on Patch 3. And the plan is always to release cross-platform patches at the same time. The Patch 2 delay wasn't the norm, it was just an unfortunate occurrence and PC-specific issues.

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby senhorxxx on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:40 am

The PC patch 2 went out just a week after the xbox patch is something I found extremely agility by 2K because as we all know when there are some difficulties with the PC platform in a game the repair takes time and attention on the numerous different configurations that exist on this platform.

I congratulate you too Leftos for transparency and the support given here and in other forums the PC community.

This second patch was very effective for a lot of users mainly in elimination of sttuters, as evidenced by the feedback seen.
So your work was worth yes.

Of course the game would already have been released at least as it is today, but it was not then what we all have to do, who sells (2K), who gives support (Leftos), who purchase (users, etc.) is working together constructively to facilitate as much as possible.

My recommendation for the next patch is still an adjustment in the gameplay: pick and roll defense CPU Need to improve.

This adjustment and repair in the comments (and sweat of the players too, ok) and the game becomes otherworldly.

Looking ahead with optimism.
And congratulations 2K and Leftos for the work. NBA 2k16 is a great game, imo.
senhorxxx

Postby Lagoa on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:07 am

Look Leftos, i said two or three times, it's not about u, but man, u work on 2k right now, it's part of the team, and this year, 2K team make a terrible work on release a beta game and need 40 days for release a PC patch, and this patch dont fix some issues. (some of this, i discovery in the first day of the early release).

AGAIN, u doing a great job, as usual, but i prefer u here, with us, making amazing patches, IMO, the way the 2k works does not deserve a guy like you!
Anyway, thank you for answering all my questions always with great patience. As I said, I have nothing against you, but I'm very frustrated with how the 2k has dealt with the game since launch.

I will wait for the third patch to play. :D (Y)
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM and TWITTER @lagoanba

Please consider making a donation of any value if you like my work! :D

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?c ... source=url
Lagoa

Postby rjms1974 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:27 am

Have to wait about 20 seconds in mycarreer, every time you're sub-in, watching a nonsense animation of a player in a black & white background... zZzZzZzZz
It can't be that hard to fix...
Cmon guys.
rjms1974

Postby pat_1335 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:42 am

A 29MB patch just came through for me on Steam. Wondering what issue it addressed.
pat_1335

Postby intruda on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:26 pm

Some of yall (Lagao) really need a chill pill. Jesus.
intruda

Postby joosegoose on Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:32 pm

pat_1335 wrote:A 29MB patch just came through for me on Steam. Wondering what issue it addressed.

It's supposed to be a hotfix for xbox one controllers not displaying passing icons.
joosegoose

Postby cb44 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:46 pm

joosegoose wrote:
pat_1335 wrote:A 29MB patch just came through for me on Steam. Wondering what issue it addressed.

It's supposed to be a hotfix for xbox one controllers not displaying passing icons.

Yeah, it fixed my Xbox One controller pass icons too. Haven't had time to check the commentary cut outs yet, what else was in the hot fix?
cb44

Postby pauldelu on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Hello Leftos i have a question... i have a good pc 970 4gb , i7 at 4.4 , and 8 giga ram. but i have same stutter after patch 2. my screen is a 144hz and i can play a 144fps stable but still stutter and i have try lot's of thing's: change vsync on nvidia pannel change to120 or 100 fps. try to change all in game....but sutter stay here.....if someone gto a solution? maybe it's something with my screen? or in windows? i don't know....
pauldelu

Postby joosegoose on Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:51 pm

cb44 wrote:
joosegoose wrote:

Yeah, it fixed my Xbox One controller pass icons too. Haven't had time to check the commentary cut outs yet, what else was in the hot fix?

I believe it was just a fix for the icons.
joosegoose

Postby adimo1409 on Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Hello leftos, nice work supporting the Pc community
i would like to ask about the Pro Am custom arena , we had our ratings changed , i have a 90 ovr but in this mode i only got 83 , is it intentional or just a bug?
and can we choose the team we want to play against in this mode ? it would be really interesting if you include this in the next patch ?
Thank you
adimo1409

Postby ZiGGeN on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Halftime highlights only show players walking around and its the same with the Jordan Player of the game. It doesn't show the full highlight.
ZiGGeN

Postby Anunnaki on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:55 pm

I can't save controls on my joystick, please help
Anunnaki

Postby eggie25 on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:19 am

Hey Leftos. Before this patch my game was perfectly fine. Now it wont let me go past the title screen. what can i do to fix this?
eggie25

Postby TBM on Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:41 am

eggie25 wrote:Hey Leftos. Before this patch my game was perfectly fine. Now it wont let me go past the title screen. what can i do to fix this?

Have you modded the game prior to the patch?
TBM
Contributor
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:31 am

I bet he did. Redownload the game, buddy
I Hate Mondays

Postby sackis on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:46 am

My friend Leftos I mean that i change the keys like you did, i save and when i loaded my carreer it didn't worked. I tuned the buttons again s-pass, d-shoot etc. the game saves again but nothing works. The keys haven't changed as i like. It stays as it was before my edit.
sackis

Postby Leftos on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:23 am

sackis, have you tried deleting the controllers folder under %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16 and trying again? I don't know what to tell you otherwise, I tried it and my bindings were saved. Entered MyCAREER, pressed W (rebound/block remapped) to pick up the ball, shot it with D (shot remapped), moved around with the arrow keys, so it worked. Do your video settings save between runs, or are those too not saving properly? Do you have any non-standard/non-latin characters in your Windows username, by any chance? When you visit %appdata%, does the user name after C:\Users contain any non-latin characters?

Leftos
NBA 2K Developer

Postby sackis on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:26 am

My user name contains non latin characters but anything else saves, like setings. I will try to erase what you said. Thank you.
sackis

Postby sackis on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:52 am

Leftos wrote:[b] have you tried deleting the controllers folder under %appdata%\2K Sports\NBA 2K16 and trying again?

And it worked!! Thank you Leftos!!
sackis

PreviousNext

Return to NBA 2K16