NBA 2k16 PC Keyboard Controls Workaround

Talk about NBA 2K16 here.

Re: NBA 2k16 PC Keyboard Controls Workaround

Postby jordan-a on Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:33 am

can i change the joystick with this too ?
I receive this error : " Buttons cannot left be blank .....
jordan-a

Postby fashion79 on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:07 am

i use autohotkey, but it crashes often.
It's possible to resolve it?
fashion79

Postby chester1993 on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:16 am

rgraiche wrote:Hi my friend.

First of all, your solution worked for me, and I'm able to play with my keyboard.

However, in a lot moments of the game, the keys appears to be "locked". For instance, sometimes I can't move my player down, or up, or shoot the ball, or my player keep walking back or foward. This is temporary, and this inconvenience is resumed, but appears again later in the game.

Can you know why this happened, and how can I resolve this?

Best regards,

Ricardo

JJPooh wrote:Hey, there

I just found a possible temporary fix of how to customize your keyboard controls until 2k comes up with a patch or something.
All you need to do is:
1. download and install Autohotkey
2. create a simple script
3. map the desired keys
4. run the script
5. run NBA 2K16

```````````````````
Now some more details, for me it was just changing two controls from the default one, which i'm using since 2k9 and i pretty used to it. I'm sure that most of you
who use keyboard to play 2k16 need to change more than just two controls, so it may take some more time to do it so.

1. download Autohotkey from here : http://www.autohotkey.com/
2. go to your desktop and right click with you mouse - select new - and select Autohotkey Script, you can name it 2k16 or anything you want
2.1 now you have to edit the script, right click on it and press edit
2.2 you need to paste the following code underneath (do not delete the text that is already in the script):

;NumPad-CODE
;remapping "normal" number keys to make them
;behave like numpad numbers
0::Numpad0
1::Numpad1
2::Numpad2
3::Numpad3
4::Numpad4
5::Numpad5
6::Numpad6
7::Numpad7
8::Numpad8
9::Numpad9
;using the "Appskey" to turn on/off remapping code
Appskey::
Suspend,Toggle
return

and then just simply save it.
Let me explain: in this code 0 will map and replace Numpad0, 1 will map and replace Numpad1. You can customize it the way you want. Let me show my script with only
two controls being changed:

;NumPad-CODE
;remapping "normal" number keys to make them
;behave like numpad numbers
Numpad0::Numpad1
NumpadDot::Numpad3
;using the "Appskey" to turn on/off remapping code
Appskey::
Suspend,Toggle
return

As you can see, all i wanted is to replace Numpad1 and Numpad3 with Numpad0 and NumpadDot, that's how it's done.

4. When ya'll ready and set run the script, you will see it highlighted in green in the tray. I think NumLock should be ON while using the script.
5. Play the game

I would advise you when starting to map those keys, try with one or two controls, see if its working and then map the rest.
Here is a video on youtube explaining it all:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErNQz5PC73c
Here is a List of keys, mouse buttons etc: http://ahkscript.org/docs/KeyList.htm

Hope this helps.

Hi Sir, so my problem is the same with this gentleman. Although, I already made the right changes to the keys, it wouldn't last for long. After a few seconds, probably 30 secs max, the script would stop or jumbled the keys. You would have to get out of the game and either refresh the script or close it then open it again. Man, a 6 minute game would feel like it lasted for an hour with all those alt-tabing going on.
chester1993

Postby bartekg85 on Sat Oct 24, 2015 3:21 am

Hi Sir, so my problem is the same with this gentleman. Although, I already made the right changes to the keys, it wouldn't last for long. After a few seconds, probably 30 secs max, the script would stop or jumbled the keys. You would have to get out of the game and either refresh the script or close it then open it again. Man, a 6 minute game would feel like it lasted for an hour with all those alt-tabing going on.[/quote]

chester1993

I have the same problem, what can i do ??
bartekg85

Postby claudeyboy on Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:58 pm

Hello guys..Do you experience any shoot glitch?
Here is my script and if you find something wrong please tell me. It will be very much appreciated. Thanks!

0::Numpad0
Numpad6::Numpad1
down::Numpad2
Numpad8::Numpad3
left::Numpad4
5::Numpad5
right::Numpad6
7::Numpad7
up::Numpad8
9::Numpad9
Numpad4::Space
LShift::NumpadEnter
E::LShift
claudeyboy

Postby Decoder029 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Anyone experienced pressing button D on keyboard, it will go to desktop. In any part of the game or even in home screen of the game, if I pressed D, it will go to desktop. I can't even assigned button D in control config.
Please help. Thanks
Decoder029

Postby Dee4Three on Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:59 am

ossimmi wrote:Hello,

Please help me with this
I just got Jupiter 8v thinking that I'll be easily able to map keys on the PC keyboard to Jupiter keys but I don't know how to do it
Couldn't really find it on google too...
please help me out

thank you! :)

Just a suggestion...

Buy a cheap $15 rockcandy xbox 360 controller and just plug it in via USB. The computer recognizes it immediately and you can play like you do on consoles.

You will enjoy the game more, trust me.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA 2K16