General Feedback (Gameplay, Modes, and Features)

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

General Feedback (Gameplay, Modes, and Features)

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:29 am

Got some general feedback about NBA Live 16? Things you'd like to see addressed in future patches, be they related to gameplay, game modes, or features? Post your constructive feedback and suggestions here, and we'll be sure to pass it along to the development team. They also keep tabs on the NLSC Forum, so I'm pinning this thread for convenience.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: General Feedback (Gameplay, Modes, and Features)

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:01 pm

- Need to see the paint floaters toned down. Those shots are automatic, they usually go in for the CPU, but at times (especially late in games) the User can't make em lol. I want to see more bank shots, and throw ins.

- I would also like the help defense addressed. There are times when the CPU teammate will be in the paint and their man will move away from the paint, and instead of the CPU teammate come over and help on the drive, he would follow his man leaving the lane wide open. But for the CPU opponent, it's the total opposite.

- I would also like to see an acceleration rating added to future games, instead of speeding up the game overall, you can set players speed lower, and acceleration higher than speed (similar to what 2K does). The first step animation with the right stick is useful, but sometimes you want to catch and go off acceleration.

- I would like to see the ball get loose (future games). It's time, FIFA and NHL have it and those games feel authentic. I know Live still have to put a lot more animations in to make the game feel more authentic, but this has to be the next step.

- I still hate the dunk sounds, I believe they can change it some how to make it sound much more authentic

- Add the Isolation play back on the D-Pad for quick clear out
ThaLiveKing

Postby jrich25 on Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:40 am

NBA Live 16 is a great game but if you can update, add in a patch or make add it to the list for NBA Live 17 on some of the gameplay…

- Make the crowd get involve with the game, when you dunk on somebody, hit the buzzer beater or send the game into over time. For example, you show the crowd out of there seats jumping up in down.
- Add in more fancy passes.
- Make the running jump shot a signature jump shot.
- On raising Star mode, make a player lock camera. Cause I hate getting beat on the open shot, because I cannot see the person am guarding.
- Show the created person celebrating, when you make a milestone mark.
- Show the created person stats, while in the game.
- Have the commentary talk about your created person, getting selected for awards.
- Make it where you can play in the all start games.
- Add in the all start game challenges.
- Add in that your person can get selected for the U.S.A. team and play in the Olympic games.
- Add in players of the week.
- Add in back board made shots and lay ups.
- Add in king of the court on online games.
- Add in king of the court on the rising star mode.
- Make the online game play like street ball play or NBA play rules, for example use And 1 street ball game you made but don’t make it like space jam.
- Add in speed different, if am on a fast break after I still the ball if am faster then the person 7 times out of 10. I should be able to beat the defender to the basket for the easy score.
- Add in come back blocks.
- Add in different types of block shots and dunks.
- Add in a tweeter on the rising star for the media, fans, other NBA players, and historical players, street ball players and be able to set up one matches against to see who’s better.
- Add in signature step back crossovers on the run.
- Add in signature fade away jump shots.
- Add in a lot of different expressions after the crossover, defender get crossover, jump shots, dunks, lay ups, alley oops.
- Add in the defender falling after a crossover and show the expression on his face every now in then on highlights.
- You have the ESPN contract deal use it; make a top ten highlight reel from the games that week.
- Show the ESPN commentary, analysis talking just like you do on Madden.
- Show the players talking trash every now in then after a dunk, jump shot, foul, and alley oop.
- Add in a lot more different ways to save the ball from going out.
- Add in more hustle for CPU.
- Make cut scenes.
- Add in CPU awareness on defense for stealing the ball, while dribbling or when it’s in the air and have a chance at stealing it.
- Add in CPU awareness on offense for shooting when there open and not to pass up an open shot under the basket.
- Show celebrities sitting at the game.
- Show the person getting injured every once and a blue moon.
- Show everyone different swag or style with and without the ball in there hand.
- Add in fancy passes on the run.
- Add in alley oops to yourself.
- Add in a lot more different types and ways to style the ball.
- Add in a lot more alley oops.
- Add in plays designed to be an alley oops.
- Add in top rising star player board.
jrich25

Postby StyxTx on Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:04 pm

I moved over from 2k and it took me a while to get used to Live and now that I have I really enjoy it.

I really like how we have to earn our ratings increases and can't just buy up to a superstar from day one. It keeps me interested in playing where with 2k once you buy up to superstar and max out your ratings and badges, which you can accomplish in 1 or 2 seasons, the game gets really dull in career because there is nothing left to accomplish, especially if you've won a championship. It also makes it possible to create a truly unique player.

I also like that I can tell the great players from the not-so-greats which is pretty much not the case in 2k.

I like that I am not forced to be THE MAN, which is not the case in the other game. I like a teamwork type of play and this game definitely offers that.

Just a few things I'd like to see in rising star:

1: Injuries in games that are not simmed. Also a list of injured players for each team.

2: Better timeout management. Time outs don't get used during runs, or if they do it's rare. I can't call timeouts when I'm not on the floor.

3: More fouls. In real life teams average 20 or more fouls a game but I rarely see any team with more than 10-15.

4: Goal tending calls. I've had a number of shots called "blocked" even though it had been out of my hand for about a second and was headed downward to the basket when it was "blocked'. That is actually goal tending.
StyxTx

Postby romraptor on Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:46 am

I'd like some improvements to the stealing function. Unless you adjust the slider, stealing by just tapping Square is virtually impossible. Also, there are virtually no reach in fouls, so I'd like an increase of both. As it is now 95% of the time nothing happens at all when I try to steal the ball directly from an opponent that is close. Using L2 works sometimes though.
romraptor

Postby romraptor on Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:38 am

Also, the free throw percentage is way too low unless you adjust the sliders. Sometimes I don't even make two thirds of my free throws even though I play as a good free throw shooting team and my release point always at least touches the top dot.
Last edited by romraptor on Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
romraptor

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:55 am

One of the more frustrating aspects of stealing is that it feels a bit canned or predetermined, with the CPU automatically performing a behind-the-back dribble or some other elusive move at times when you're not meant to get the steal.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:57 am

romraptor wrote:Also, the free throw percentage is way too low unless you adjust the sliders. Sometimes I don't even make a third of my free throws even though I play as a good free throw shooting team and my release point always at least touches the top dot.

SOmething is backwards there. I can hit FTs easily with Ian Mahinmi and DeAndre Jordan, but Monta Ellis is missing free throws
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 16