NBA Live 16 PRO AM Footage

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

NBA Live 16 PRO AM Footage

Postby basketballislife on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:05 am

phpBB [video]
basketballislife

Re: NBA Live 16 PRO AM Footage

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:36 am

Something I really like about Live is their presentation and their visuals. I love the PRO-AM idea with these real-life street and indoor courts. But they have to do something with that gameplay. I don't know if it's a problem of their "physics" engine or a matter of how they want to make a game "less animated", but bro, 2k9 is more playable than this:/
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby Andrew on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:44 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:Something I really like about Live is their presentation and their visuals. I love the PRO-AM idea with these real-life street and indoor courts. But they have to do something with that gameplay. I don't know if it's a problem of their "physics" engine or a matter of how they want to make a game "less animated", but bro, 2k9 is more playable than this:/

Having had hands-on time with NBA Live 16, and having played NBA 2K9...I would strongly disagree with that. Judging a game's feel on the sticks by watching someone else play it is like deciding how a cake tastes by looking at a photo in a magazine.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:51 am

Andrew wrote:Judging a game's feel on the sticks by watching someone else play it is like deciding how a cake tastes by looking at a photo in a magazine.

THIS
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby big-shot-ROB on Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:41 am

Andrew wrote:
big-shot-ROB wrote:Something I really like about Live is their presentation and their visuals. I love the PRO-AM idea with these real-life street and indoor courts. But they have to do something with that gameplay. I don't know if it's a problem of their "physics" engine or a matter of how they want to make a game "less animated", but bro, 2k9 is more playable than this:/

Having had hands-on time with NBA Live 16, and having played NBA 2K9...I would strongly disagree with that. Judging a game's feel on the sticks by watching someone else play it is like deciding how a cake tastes by looking at a photo in a magazine.

Not even close. I can tell Live gameplay is still raw by looking at this. Gameplay doesn't seem realistic, there's no concept of floor spacing, no physics at all, animations are weird, and as I said, physics are bad. Players doing layups like they were on a fastbreak but there are in a paint with 2 opponent's bigs. I understand you like live, and I also hate most of the things 2k have, althought I love how they have centered now in the "simulation" system in gameplay, and I hope Live maintained their level of graphics and improved a lot their gameplay.
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby basketballislife on Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:03 am

phpBB [video]
basketballislife

Postby Andrew on Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:32 am

big-shot-ROB wrote:Not even close. I can tell Live gameplay is still raw by looking at this. Gameplay doesn't seem realistic, there's no concept of floor spacing, no physics at all, animations are weird, and as I said, physics are bad. Players doing layups like they were on a fastbreak but there are in a paint with 2 opponent's bigs. I understand you like live, and I also hate most of the things 2k have, althought I love how they have centered now in the "simulation" system in gameplay, and I hope Live maintained their level of graphics and improved a lot their gameplay.

I do like Live, but I also don't make any bones about its shortcomings. There are issues, obviously. But I stand by what I said: you can't tell how a game feels on the sticks by watching someone else play it. Because you can't. Only hands-on impressions will tell you that.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby basketballislife on Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:21 am

phpBB [video]
basketballislife

Postby Cpt(K) on Sat Sep 19, 2015 5:59 am

I played the demo for a bit myself, and the sticks weren't unresponsive or over-sensitive for my tastes. I liked how when I over played my movement - I would be the first to notice it. Collision system could use a little more work, and there were a couple of rough animations (e.g. sprinting animation). I was pleased that they changed the sprint animation though, but I certainly hope they have at least one other variation.
Cpt(K)

Postby basketballislife on Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:56 am

phpBB [video]
basketballislife

Return to NBA Live 16