Quick LIVEmotion Clip

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:42 am

Tweeted out and posted on Facebook.

Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Quick LIVEmotion Clip

Postby Patr1ck on Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:55 am

So far all we have seen of this LIVEmotion is one player cutting across the court from one side to the other with some initial collision action and probably past a screen, and handoffs. That's it? I hope they are using the defensive off-ball screen options as keys to which direction a player is cutting around a screen, and that there is more to motion with just a player cutting to a spot. Other teammates are involved in this.

One player may move away from the side the cutter is going to and another will move into position to set the screen anticipating the cutter. Will there be a button to tell a player to come to the ball for a ball screen? Will there be fake cuts and deception or adjustments to the motion in real time when a player is trying to get open? If EA is looking to make this feature a big hit that improves gameplay, they need to look at this video and ask themselves the tough questions. Those questions are "Can we do that in our game?

phpBB [video]
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Quick LIVEmotion Clip

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:30 am

I'm guessing it's the most prominent example, or perhaps the part that has the most polish at this juncture. I agree though, I do hope the enhancements are deep, and numerous.

I'd say we have more to learn and more to be shown, though. I know it seems like a cop out to say "Oh, it's early days," but it's rare that we learn the full extent of improvements and features this early on. Remember last year when they mentioned that they'd added a few new things to Dynasty Mode, despite the game modes not being a primary area of focus in NBA Live 15? Turns out one of the things they brought back was play-by-play simulation, with sim intervention. That was a lot bigger than I was expecting, based on the vague mentions of Dynasty improvements early on.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16