Gameplay Sliders Are Back; Custom Rosters Are Not

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Gameplay Sliders Are Back; Custom Rosters Are Not

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:35 am

It's been mentioned in a couple of other threads, but these things are easily overlooked, so I thought I'd create another thread mentioning it. Happily, gameplay sliders and custom rosters (including Create-a-Player) have been confirmed for NBA Live 16! Additionally, you can scan up to five faces at a time to use in Create-a-Player, so it's not just for Rising Star.

More tidbits in our #AskObes recap: http://www.nba-live.com/nba-live-16-twitter-qa-recap/

UPDATE: Sliders are in, but unfortunately, custom rosters are not. Looks like there was some miscommunication during that Twitter Q&A; player creation and customisation is limited to Rising Star and LIVE Pro-Am.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Gameplay Sliders & Custom Rosters Are Back

Postby Kevin on Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:47 pm

Live really went all-in for Live 16. They finally listened to us!
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:05 pm

I wonder if we'll be able to scan pictures of NBA players for Create-A-Players
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:14 pm

With a good enough picture and a bit of patience, it'd be worth trying.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby bigh0rt on Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:20 pm

Andrew wrote:With a good enough picture and a bit of patience, it'd be worth trying.

Would be an interesting way to add new players into the game who aren't there from the jump, or added yet, for custom roster making, as well as adding prospects, or even classic players. Really like everything I'm seeing out of Live so far. It may be the only game I buy for 2016, as I don't think I've touched 2K15 in six months or more. If the gameplay seems smooth and responsive, the time could be right to jump ship back.
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Murat on Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:34 am

I'LL BUY THIS
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mp3 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:02 am

Some people over at OS seem to think that you can't edit players again, I really hope this isn't true!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mp3 on Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:31 am

http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/no-nba-play ... d-2247444/

Not good at all...

Very disappointing and a deal breaker for me, I really thought we would be able to edit our own rosters and players this year...
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:09 am

Unfortunately the case. Sliders are definitely in, though.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:00 pm

Some of the guys at OS have started a petition to EA to patch in edit players.

https://www.change.org/p/ea-games-nba-l ... ba-live-16

Please show your support and sign, not sure if EA will listen but we can only try.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:26 pm

They definitely are aware of the importance of custom rosters, and were receptive to my feedback at the community event. It may not be feasible to patch in, but it's definitely worth asking/showing support for.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:11 am

Why they wouldn't include custom rosters in the first place is beyond me, I think one of the two main things that people asked for were custom rosters and sliders.

EA seemed to listen and put out the impression that roster editing was back so I just don't understand what changed.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:21 am

There are technical reasons for it, as I understand it. I'm still being careful about what I say because I don't want to violate my NDA, and I also don't want to put any inaccurate information out there, but since we've got the interviews and such coming up, I'll see if we can get some more insight into the situation.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 1:32 am

Thank you Andrew, I think people are all scratching there heads with this one
mp3

Postby Maverick on Mon Aug 17, 2015 3:52 pm

mp3 wrote:http://slumz.boxden.com/f13/no-nba-player-or-roster-editing-in-nba-live-16-confirmed-2247444/

Not good at all...

Very disappointing and a deal breaker for me, I really thought we would be able to edit our own rosters and players this year...

Why would they do this? They're suppose to catch up to 2K, but by doing this it's obvious that they're not even trying to compete. C'mon LIVE, stupid move
Maverick
for Life

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:24 pm

Roster editing alone wouldn't have caught up to 2K. A lot of other moves they've made are very good...but this one is disappointing, no argument here.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Gameplay Sliders Are Back; Custom Rosters Are Not

Postby mp3 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:29 pm

It wouldn't be so bad if the roster updates were daily and on point like 2k's are with mike's (bedwardroy) but EA were putting out one update a week which more often than none was out with several players and many accessories which you would then have to wait another week for and hope that they were updated then.

EA has mentioned that they want to update there own rosters due to there synergy but the thing is that when you jump into dynasty mode all that goes out the window so at the very least they should allow us to do a basic player edit in dynasty mode so that we can change numbers of players we trade for and add custom gear to players to keep dynasty mode fresh when your playing a long season.
mp3

Postby Phreak50 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 9:53 pm

Simply not good enough. No excuse.

And the 'wouldn't be so bad if roster updates were daily' thing doesn't fly either. The rosters are buggy so you end up with bench players starting, starters mysteriously missing from entire rosters, players from other teams starting on the wrong team etc etc. It didn't happen often but enough to make the need for custom rosters magnified.

Not to mention the point I've made for 3 years now. Let's say James, Durant, Harden, Curry all go down with season ending injuries on opening night. EA patch them out of season mode. You really think paying $60 for an NBA game where you can't play as your favourite players is fair?

I've stuck up for this series through the bad times and will always sing praises of all the great things the game is doing but this is pathetic.
Phreak50

Postby Andrew on Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:20 pm

The issue with deactivated players is something else I made sure to bring up. As long as we can place those players back in the active roster for exhibition play - injuries are already reset for Dynasty Mode, thankfully - there's at least a viable solution if you don't want to play with up-to-the-day Synergy powered lineups (which as noted, have contained errors). That solution needs to be available at the very least.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:15 pm

Phreak50 wrote:Simply not good enough. No excuse.

And the 'wouldn't be so bad if roster updates were daily' thing doesn't fly either. The rosters are buggy so you end up with bench players starting, starters mysteriously missing from entire rosters, players from other teams starting on the wrong team etc etc. It didn't happen often but enough to make the need for custom rosters magnified.

Not to mention the point I've made for 3 years now. Let's say James, Durant, Harden, Curry all go down with season ending injuries on opening night. EA patch them out of season mode. You really think paying $60 for an NBA game where you can't play as your favourite players is fair?

I've stuck up for this series through the bad times and will always sing praises of all the great things the game is doing but this is pathetic.

I only ment if they were like how 2k has there updated roster daily but honestly I don't think the people who were doing the rosters before should be let near them again sorry.

Not to mention how nuts that current injury rotation bug was which I must admit had forgotten about when I posted but yeah I played a fair few games in dynasty mode with key players like Durant missing from the rosters until later on the season.

Another bug they had was that a new roster would come out but every time you tried to start a season using current roster it would give you an older version to play with instead...
mp3

Postby Phreak50 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:51 am

The only thing I can think of is custom rosters ruin their synergy system. But again, when you've got two Vince Carters on the court at once (yes this happened), Jason Richardson starting for the Spurs and George Hill MIA with Solomon Hill in his place, you wonder how synergy works with that anyway.
Phreak50

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:22 am

As I understand it, that's part of it. Like I said though, I'll try to get more insight in our upcoming Q&As.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:52 am

Is the current synergy system different from the one in Live 10? We had daily roster updates back then.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:01 am

There are daily Synergy updates during the season that adjust lineups (unfortunately they aren't error free) and push through new data for the Synergy-driven attributes. Then there are the manual updates that were weekly, which make adjustments to gear, add new artwork, etc.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:07 pm

is the synergy data with errors used for anything else? do nba teams actualy use that data? if so, how would they even use it if the data wasn't correct?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Next

Return to NBA Live 16