NBA Live 16 Gameplay Details

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:09 am

https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/ ... 6-gameplay

PASSING

This was a sticking point in year’s past. Running a fast-break used to be a chore, but not anymore. For real though, they added a TON of new pass and catch animations. More variety means players move the ball with more intent – and it looks more natural.
DRIBBLING

NBA LIVE has always been about dribble control – so we are all pumped for the return of Freestyle Controls! NBA LIVE 16 really feels like you’re the one pulling off the moves – and not an animation sequence.
SHOOTING

You aren’t winning if you aren’t scoring. NBA LIVE 16 has brought in a totally new shot system. The release timing is no longer tied to the animation, and is now tied one-to-one with the button press. If you release too early or late you’ll actually see and feel the difference.
OFF-BALL MOVEMENT (LIVE MOTION)

This feature will have the most notable impact. Remember when dudes would just stand around the court and not move or try to get open, unless you called a play? Those days are over.
And if that ain’t enough, check out some of the moves you can pull off now that you could never do before:

Touch passing
Dribble handoffs
Pick and Roll screen re-screen
Attack Ball Screens w/ New Dribble Mechanics
Deny NBA superstars away from the ball
Bump cutters
Push off and get open away from the ball
MORE COMING

I'm pumped for the return of freestyle. Looks like they answered some of my questions from the conference about responsiveness. (Y)
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 16 Gameplay Details

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:17 am

I've already pre-ordered. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game before this one. Things are looking up for Live.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:52 am

Solid, very solid. Good to get further clarification on the shooting system as well; I think that's a great way to go. I'm guessing that meter is indeed available in gameplay; while the shot feedback in NBA Live 15 was most welcome, it needed visual cues during the shot, as 2K has.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:14 am

I just hope that there is more variety of shots as it seems this meter is an attempt to fix a two year old problem with shooting in live. Although, one could look at it as if they are taking an older system that worked(different animations for early and late release) and improving on it.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 am

I'm thinking the latter, which is still welcome. They've also mentioned adding more signature animations, and floaters are back.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby beegees on Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:27 am

zzcoolj21 wrote:I've already pre-ordered. I don't think I've ever pre-ordered a game before this one. Things are looking up for Live.

Sure thing!
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby mp3 on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:13 pm

I like what I am hearing about the shooting and live motion.

Apart from the shooting issues in nba live 15 I also found with the limited playbook that my main offence would have to be setting on ball screens everywhere while people stood around.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:23 pm

Indeed. Quick Action did help a bit, but there was certainly room for improvement. Glad to hear there have been more steps forward.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16