Legends Face Scans for NBA Live 16

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Legends Face Scans for NBA Live 16

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 03, 2015 9:38 am

As seen on the official NBA Live Twitter, Patrick Ewing took part in a face scan session for NBA Live 16. It seems likely that we'll see a few other Legends getting their faces scanned for the game.

While it'll be cool to have them in looking more realistic in Ultimate Team, I'm hoping that the Legends presence in NBA Live 16 will extend beyond UT, and that we'll also have Decade All-Stars, or even some historic teams; something playable in other modes.
This topic was moved from NBA Live 15 by Andrew on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 am.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: Legends Face Scans for NBA Live 16

Postby Ermolli on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:03 am

I also hope it's a scan to improve his legend player in the game. If so that's great, watching screenshots of legends in UT made me realize how different they look from a scanned player and mostly those legends look bad. I wouldn't worry about scanning old legends because I'm quite sure EA artists can make them look younger and like their playing years.

Also it could be because he's the associate head coach of the Charlotte Hornets, who knows.
Ermolli

Postby [Q] on Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:07 am

Yeah I hope there's other ways to play as legends other than UT, where it's Damn near impossible to get one
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby MJALLDAY on Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:26 am

Visual Concepts needs to scan Michael Jordan because his 2k14 & 15 next gen cyberfaces SUCK. Jordan's PS3/360 cyberfaces are far superior as are the PS3/360 retro jerseys. The lack of detail put into the classic teams is the biggest reason my PS4 copy of 2k15 collects dust on my shelf. As of right now I'm not getting 2k16. All I've been playing this season is 2k14 for PC with Hawk's patch.
MJALLDAY

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:44 am

Ermolli wrote:Also it could be because he's the associate head coach of the Charlotte Hornets, who knows.

Fair point. Still, even if that's the case, it's promising that they're going into that much detail. Perhaps it will turn out to be both.

Qballer wrote:Yeah I hope there's other ways to play as legends other than UT, where it's Damn near impossible to get one

I'm guessing Decade All-Stars will be our best bet.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:39 pm

Honestly that's the best solution for legends with all the licensing issues
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:49 pm

Historic squads are nice, but I'm guessing 2K has a lot of exclusive likeness agreements (they certainly have the most profitable one in Michael Jordan), and EA shouldn't re-hash what they've done, especially if they can't do it to the same extent. Simply being able to play with some Legends All-Star teams, or place them on custom teams, or whatever - outside of Ultimate Team - would be very welcome.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby cdj on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:38 pm

When I first saw the pic, I assumed it was to help improve his Legend face.

It would be nice if EA added assistant coach(es) to the benches for visuals sake, but I'm not expecting actual coaches as part of Dynasty though.
cdj

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:46 pm

I'm hoping we finally get the ability to hire and fire head coaches in Dynasty this year, though. Dynasty Mode needs to be beefed up somewhat, especially after what 2K did with MyLEAGUE.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby cdj on Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:52 pm

It's still surprising (IMO) that for as much pride EA puts into their daily roster system that they don't update fired coaches throughout the season. A Coaching Carousel and/or GM Mode in Dynasty would be a big start in making that mode fun.
cdj

Return to NBA Live 16