NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Re: NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Postby mp3 on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:10 pm

It seems in that video that the cpu saw the contact of Durant driving to the lane, which there was contact... but it was NICK COLLISON lol
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Ermolli on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:07 am

I really hope that team offenses get a serious upgrade. There isn't much differentiation between teams, I can appreciate differences between teams' defensive schemes (which could still be even more noticeable) but there isn't much about that on offense. Perhaps it's because there aren't many option in that front; 4-1 or 3-2, pace and offensive rebound settings which are extremely simple.

Besides, as much as I like the play settings during gameplay (which I like how it's separated between types) there aren't many plays for each team in the game. Also there has to be more distinguish in play styles between team like OKC having more iso plays than screens and post ups and Atlanta having more screen plays than isos and post ups. Perhaps have R2 as a next page to see more plays.

In my opinion something great they've done in 2K15 is the freestyle offenses, players moving accordingly to their team's offensive scheme without running plays. It's really well done and adds so much for gameplay. I'd love for EA to add that having 4-1, 3-2, Triangle, Jerry Sloan's Flex offense, Horns, Rick Adelman's Corner offense, Princeton, Spurs' offense and Atlanta's offense. It'd make team's more unique and enhace the gameplay greatly.
Ermolli

Postby AssassinPandaYT on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:32 am

I have made a Google Doc for my wishlist for NBA Live 16. I really hope Live 16 steps up this year. I really only play 2K15 for MyCareer, but even that gets boring after a while. MyTeam is terrible. I love LUT and Rising Star, but there needs to be more tweaks to make the game better and had longevity. So here it is:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4E5AKWKVfM9PJthjvtHMocvu7dv28l-DXTz5EZ9Zao/edit?usp=sharing

Let me know what you guys think! :D
Hello, my name is AssassinPandaYT! Checkout my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/AssassinPandaYT
AssassinPandaYT

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:52 am

Fine list there. Welcome to the NLSC Forum!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby AssassinPandaYT on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:17 am

Andrew wrote:Fine list there. Welcome to the NLSC Forum!

Thank you! I see my list was actually posted here before, so that's cool! I'm glad my doc actually spread!
Hello, my name is AssassinPandaYT! Checkout my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/AssassinPandaYT
AssassinPandaYT

Postby 22cedric on Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:16 pm

NBA Live 16 Presentation Ideas:

Improved commentary too much dead air in NBA Live 15 with Jeff Van Gundy and Mike Breen it needs to be organic & authentic. Dynamic commentary talking about previous seasons & games, and recent transactions. Pregame rituals & lineups, Pregame show, Inactive/injured players and assistant coaches on the bench, ESPN commentators courtside, ESPN wired during timeouts. Deeper NBA finals celebrations (less dead footage),post game interviews, training camp cutscenes (Rising Star, Dynasty).
22cedric

Postby Tonyattia2 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:55 am

DYNASTY

GENERAL
- be able to control more than one team
- some sliders for trade likelihood, injuries, ect
- be able to import customs draft classes/ rosters

CUSTOMIZATION
-be able to edit players accessories and numbers
- Be able to hire/ fire coaches and staff

FUNCTIONALITY
- ability to scrimmage with team whenever
-have a trade finder for other teams players to see what it would take from you to get their players(right now you can only see what you get for your players)
- Scouting throughout the season for rookies
- Jersey numbers that can't be used because they are retired

MODE DEPTH
- add progressive fatigue
- Schedule training/ practice should tie into fatigue
- add a d league?(wish)
-Be able to Upgrade team facillties/ stadiums if you profit that season
- be able to change ticket prices, food prices, parking ect
-Owners trust rating, so you start out with bad trust and your not able to make big splash signings or trades, but have goals for initial signings, trades, price markups, and if it works out trust goes up and if not it goes down.
- sickness Injuries ( Flu ect) and IN GAME injuries
- conference player of the week/ month

PRESENTATION
- Have a past awards screen that shows past champions, Mvp, Roy. Dpoy, all NBA teams Ect
- Have an all time records screen for points, assists, Per, rebounds ect for a single game, a single season, and a whole career. Have one for team records and another for The whole Nba aswell as separate regular season and playoffs options.
- In the stats/ league leaders screen show advanced stats like Per, True shooting, War, Real plus minus ect.
- Transactions screen showing trades, Extensions ect.
- Rumor mill
- Awards race screen showing candidates of the current season
- All star votes screen
- Weekly power Rankings

CONTRACTS/ TRADES/RELEASING PLAYERS
-Be able to buyout players contracts
-Be able to protect picks In trades
-Be able to send future picks
-3 plus team trades
- trade exceptions
-pick swaps
- stretch provision If you cut a player( like Pistons did for josh smith)
- include player and team options for contracts aswell as no trade clauses
- be able to extend players in season
- be able to amnesty guys
- add the bi annual exception
- increase trade likely hood around trade deadline
-10 day contracts
- include player bird rights
- restricted free agency qualifying offers
- add signing bonuses and bonuses for certain achievements for players (all star game, mvp ect)
Tonyattia2

Postby Andrew on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:16 am

Solid. (Y) And welcome!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby braylon074 on Sun Apr 26, 2015 11:58 pm

1) Live 15 introduced more half steps for the defensive side of the ball. Live 16 should introduce more half steps to the offensive side to give the user more control in directions and speed

2) The ball and rim physics are incredible, but the ball and hand physics are still clued and warp together while dribbling. There's no ball rotation when the bounces of the floor nor when it touches the hand.

3) All online matches should be at the best difficulty. Or at least give the option to join lobbies based on a specific difficulty chosen by the user.

4) Speed adjustment for players. Quicker players should be able to blow past there defenders when the opportunity presents itself.

5) Along with more player celebrations and animations, the defense seems to be boring due to the fact that they only show emotions when a foul is called. Would be great to see emotions and interactions due to a good or big defensive play.
braylon074

Postby [Q] on Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:19 am

Yeah and the one cutscene where the one player is celebrating is weird because it plays when their team calls timeout, usually after they get scored on.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby 22cedric on Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:16 am

The State of NBA Live 16 - Defense In Relations To Tangibility & Animations

Basketball tangibility should come with solid animations every tip pass, bump in the paint, and battle for the ball should trigger an animation in which the ball can be obtained by the defense. Height, weight, and strength should play a major part as well. Here's an example of when basketball tangibility and animations should be chained together once the help defense arrive one of three options should occur: First a tie-up for the ball where the double-team animation is triggered and the ball could be stripped away. Currently NBA Live 15 does not have a double-team animation and that should change come NBA Live 16. Second a set of escape animations by shielding the ball with the body these moves should be situational ideally via different variations. Last a pass out of the double-team that could result in a unique turnover animation. EA Sports is on the right track to truly allowing the basketball to be tangible. More animations are needed in regards to interactions, and player emotions once these situations occur.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEYWEar ... e=youtu.be
22cedric

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:00 am

Love LiveStreamTeam, :wink: Good post, Ced.

I always wanted a little minigame during double teams. A double team animation that allowed you to choose quickly what to do would be nice. I always imagined one could use the right stick to move the ball around and keep it from the defenders or make fake passes and possibly split the doubleteam on rare occasions depending on how you move the stick. Defensively, the left stick could shade during the double team, and the right stick could choose between a hands up defense that could tip passes or cause poor passes and a swipe at the ball to create turnovers, fouls, loose balls, and opportunities for the offense when that risk is taken.

Just a couple options during these animations creates some depth on defense and causes the offensive team to make an adjustment. That's basketball. It's all the little things that come together that make the game exciting and fun to play.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am

The double team animations of the PS2 era were functional - force the turnover, or make the pass before you lost the ball - though I definitely like the idea of having more control on both sides of the ball in that situation, perhaps even forcing jumpballs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Patr1ck on Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:32 am

(Y) I think 2k had that feature. Don't press pass quick enough and it was a jump ball.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:08 pm

Yes in 2k you can force the jumpball which is cool but nba live 15 has a couple of nice touches too such as the clear path foul and getting fouled on 3 point attempts which never happens on 2k
mp3

Postby Bltzkrieg666 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:29 am

I would like to see the playbooks be a little more user friendly and more in depth. I would like to see a category created for 3pt plays for starters. I also would like to be able to select plays by the key player involved, similar to what Madden does. I can use the playbooks in the game but I really don't remember who the play is designed for and it would just be easier to select the plays that way or at least have the name of the play as well as who its designed for (ie: PG, SF, C, SG).

For Live Ultimate Team you ABSOLUTELY need to install save slots for created teams. It is a royal pain in the arse to have to keep removing players and adding players to create teams to meet the various challenge qualifications. It just makes sense to have roughly 10 slots to save various squads: a) All Bronze b) All Silver c) All Gold d) One Gold e) One Silver f) One Bronze g) Online h) No restriction challenges I) misc.
j) misc.
Bltzkrieg666

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:32 am

Great suggestions. (Y) Welcome!
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Tonyattia2 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:23 am

GAMEPLAY

SHOOTING
- Way more ball trajectories that go in. Right now I can tell if a shot is going in because it's flat. Nothing with Arc goes in. Maybe tie those to certain players(Dirk and Iggy would have high archers)
- Quicker catch to shoot transitions, a lot of open looks take to long to get going and they become contested
- a lot more signature jumpshots,at least the top 8 on each team should have their own
- a floater control, and a lot of different animations for them. I know synergy also has percentages for floaters so you can add a rating for it too
- quicker off the dribble shots, and a lot more of them. Idk if yall can do this but 2k seperated base and form in a jump shot, thus allowing for two players to have the same off the dribble base animation but since they have different forms it will look different up top. Tall should do this to scale back the generic look of cp3 and dellavadova having the same off the dribble shot animation
- More signature off the dribble shots, Kd and west brooks look great, just apply it to more players
- the transition from doing a step back with Y/ triangle to shooting is way to slow. It's like you do a step back, wait a second, then shoot. It should all go together seamlessly. As with all other animations make sure there are signature ones too
-if you get a guy in the air on a pump fake, be able to lean in with left stick and attempt to draw a foul. Have some no calls of course.
- There should be a height modifier that can increase or decrease a contest effectiveness. Like each inch taller the offensive player is 4% contest effectiveness is taken off or something. It would help differentiate guys like Dirk or Kd

PASSING
- bring back manual bounce and lob pass
- add touch passing to make that extra pas For a great look more rewarding
- ability to lead icon passes a certain way with the left stick. This will help cut down turnovers because a lot of times the pass leads the players when you don't want it to and you get intercepted
- their needs to be contact catches that stop players momentum to catch it
- way less accuracy on long passes
- when throwing a drop pass to a big man standing near the basket, the pass should lead him to the hoop, and he should catch it while taking a step toward the hoop so he can quickly finish. Right now the most frustrating thing is beating my man off the dribble, attacking the help defender and dropping it off only for a super slow power dribble animation that turns into a missed layup.

DRIBBLING
- way more base crossover animations. Basically everyone had the same Hesi, in and out, behind the back, spin move ect. Need more variety and signature to them
- when on the run, linking crossovers needs to be redone. There is no flow and it just stops your momentum. You can't between the legs then behind the back on the run with the flicks of the right stick
- same for linking dribble moves standing still, it doesn't look or feel right and doesn't help move you into a new direction

POST GAME
- Shot feed back on post fadeaway
- all new animations for everything(post hooks, fade aways, drop step, spins, shimmys, post entries ect
- be able to choose if you want to face up with an inside or outside pivot
- more signature post shots aswell(Tim Duncan right hand hook over right shoulder, Dirk fade, Aldridge high release ect)
- new pull the chair animations
- add post steal animations

OFF BALL OFFENSE/DEFENSE
- way more contact. I think L2 should be the designated contact button. So if a ballhandler picks up his dribble, you press L2 to crowd him. Or if a guy is posting up, be able to Press L2 combined with the left stick to fight around to from him. Or if someone is spotted up off ball press L2 to get up on him. Same for Full court presses ect.
- When player locked like in RS, you should be able to manually post up on offense with L2
- When player locked and coming off an off ball screen, there should be an option to curl or fade to the corner.

DEFENSE
-Be able to manually shade a direction, now it would make since because of the force direction option
- be able to take charge with hands up
- Better charge logic. Right now it seems like they can get set way too late when your layup has started and it still is a charge.
- on offense if I call for a quick post up on the D-pad, the defender lets his man go right to the block. He should be fighting for position the whole way
- Basically every defense moves at the same pace. I can defend just as well with Kawhi as Mozgov on Chris Paul. Ba defenders should get off balance easier and get gown my more. Should also be more foul prone.

FUNCTIONALITY
- Double team animations that work with contact. Can force jump balls
- Be able to aim jump balls with left stick
- Be able to choose between 20 second and full timeouts
- Rolling inbound to save time
- option to choose inbounder on out of bounds plays
- Be able to throw alley oops from inbounds
- loose ball fouls on rebounds, too much contact off ball ect
- moving screens please!!
- over the back fouls
- for pick and roll, have an option for fade to mid and fade to 3pt line.
- when you double tap the d pad for an individual player to cut, be able to choose where they cut to( high post, corner, top of the key)
- just as there are < 1second jump shot animations, there should be ones for layups, so instead of a layup it might be a quick tear drop. Same for tip alley oops.
-individual positional play calling

OPTIONS
- in the defensive settings, be able to choose who you want to leave to double team someone else. Also if the double comes fro the base line or middle.
- use instructions from Fifa 15 so you can tell individual players certain things like run to 3pt line on fast breaks or for a certain player to crash the glass and another to leak out
- a screen showing players roles. Things like primary ball handler, spot up shooter, screen setter ect. James Hardin is basically the rockets pg, not Beverley yet he never brings the ball up. This could help separate players a lot

AI
- Synergy doesn't seem to impact teams much. For some reason The Spurs rarely run pick and rolls, it's mostly set plays picked at random or the automation offense, which is generic for all teams. We need to see much more team separation. Rockets should shoot a lot of 3s, Memphis should post up a lot ect
-AI should know who there number one option is and call most plays for him, followed by 2nd most plays for another guy. This can be determined by usage percent and fga attempted.

DIFFERENTIATION
- Basically in your game the only ways guys are separated is if they make the shot or not, or if they dunk instead of layup. Here are ways to separate
- if a bad ball handler tries spamming the the stick he should lose the ball ( like Blake griffin in game 2 vs the Spurs at the end of the game). Same if someone tries to sprint with the ball with a non skilled big man like bismack byombo. He should dribble of his foot or out of bounds
- Guys should travel or lose their footing if they aren't skilled enough to do euro steps, spin layups ect.
- Bad defenders should get faked out way more and move a lot slower
- bad ball handlers should get ripped a lot more, and lose handle in traffic
- below average passers shouldn't be able to flashy pass effectively or throw good oops.there passes should also be less accurate causing recover to lose momentum an take more time to catch
- Only guys known for hustling should dive for balls
- add a box out rating for poor rebounder so they can get moved out easier.
- I'm sure there are more but I guess I'm saying have lots of different levels for similar animations to separate guys. Like Some great shot blockers should have an animation to just catch the ball in air, not block it just catch it sometimes.

Couple presentation things
- Game winner should be reviewed to make sure it got off in time like live 10
- In post game show have a single play of the game like a game winner, ankle breaker ect
- interruptible commentary where they can be color commentating,then be like " as Leonard draws the foul, but back to the sixes rebuilding..."
- commentary should talk about players individual games, like "he has 25 points, right at his season average". Or "he has been hounding defensively with 5 steals and a block" Live 04 had this really good
Tonyattia2

Postby Tonyattia2 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:57 am

LUT/ LIVE SEASONS/ CUSTOMIZATION/OTHER WANTS

LUT

FUNCTIONALITY
- A trade block. And be able to trade with friends
- Save slots for certain teams
- Be able to make rotations like you can in Dynasty where you allocate 240 mins
- Be able to take off auto subs/ timeouts
- Be able to see all ratings of players and not just the 8 on the card
- lower the prices to somewhere in the middle of Live 14 pack prices and live 15

MODE DEPTH
-Chemistry From Fifa
- Coaches should have styles that boost players with same ones like madden
- separate play books from coaches
- something similar to sets or collections
- more rewards other than coins and packs. Collectibles for sets probably

LIVE SEASONS

FUNCTIONALITY
- Fix rewind games so they actually work with the right rosters
- when you start an end of game big moment, overlays and announcers say that players haven't scored at all until that moment, fix
- For game winners, the inbounds should be in the same side
- rewards should be Lut coins or RSP

DEPTH
- Create the actual play that a team ran for the game winner and put it in the game for us to run. Or atleast have the play be similar
- Crowd/ announcers/ players should go crazy when you make it. Other team should look demoralized. Have a replay to make sure it's good.

CUSTOMIZATION/ MISC

ROSTER EDITING
- make trades/ cuts
- edit player ratings, accessories, player info, signature animations
- edit rotations and minute distribution
- edit playbooks to add/ remove
plays
- local saves
- something like madden share to save online

GAMPLAY
- Sliders for CPU and user
- Foul sliders
- force field out of bounds option
- edit camera height, zoom ect
- be able to choose different stadiums ESPN cameras

MISC/OTHER WANTED ADDITIONS
- song shouldn't change every time you enter a new game mode
- add an ESPN sports ticker with news
- add back ESPN radio from live 10
- Make practice gym where you start like old lives. Have the screen with the ESPN channel like live 10
- Add all decade teams to use in play now if not actual teams
- Add fiba and use for all game modes( big wish)
- add 1 on 1 from live 04 back. Be able to either choose make it take it or switch every possession. Also choose either 1s and 2s or 2s an 3s
That it for my wishes, hope you can get them in for 16 or 17
Tonyattia2

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:43 pm

Pdub wrote:(Y) I think 2k had that feature. Don't press pass quick enough and it was a jump ball.

lol in 2k7, I'd just call timeout to save the possession
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby 22cedric on Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:33 pm

NBA Live 16 Crowd Details

Crowds are unique everyone is different and expresses things differently. Keep dynamic crowds and have crowds react intelligently to how the game is progressing (hot for the home team on a big run, quiet or booing when the home team is playing poorly or the away team is on a big run). Have crowds wear team jerseys and colours, especially during the Playoffs (like Chicago’s “See Red”, Mavs fans all wearing blue in Playoff games, etc) Show Infants, teenagers, adults, and seniors in the crowds. Emotion: Happy, sad, frustrated, noisy.
Crowd details should include: Father with his son picking him up over his head, Individuals that are trying to get a specific NBA players attention, A girlfriend with her boyfriend taking pictures together and eating food, Fans with bobble heads taunting others. Have the ESPN commentators on the sidelines talking and conversing in real-time. Show NBA Players diving into crowds, the NBA basketball getting stuck on the basketball rim. Have umpires with whistles doing their job. Show NBA playing chatting and disagreeing with umpires on specific calls. Have the NBA coaches show different emotions based on situations.

NBA Live 16 Movement Personality and characteristics

The NBA is full of special players no one moves or does anything the same. The EA Sports NBA Live development team needs to capture simple human movements:
Last edited by 22cedric on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22cedric

Postby 22cedric on Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:00 pm

(NBA Live Commentary Concerns)

The commentary in NBA Live 15 is subpar to say the least once you get about a minute into the game they stop actually talking about the players at all it’s so monotone. The commentary is extremely generic there will be a lot of quiet stretches. It’s annoying actually if I have to hear passes the ball, dribbling it down the court multiple times in a row.

(NBA Live 16 Commentary Suggestions)

Make commentary sound as organic as possible with natural sounding conversation, anecdotes and reactions to the current game situation as well as the current and recent seasons in Dynasty. Have the commentators react with appropriate excitement and play off one another as in real life. There should be more variance and a sense of improvisation. Each color analyst should fully contribute their unique insight on trends within the game. It would be cool to have the ESPN commentators face scanned into the game. The commentary should have little to no timegaps, as well as little repetition of lines. I want NBA Lives commentary to be very solid since NBA 2Ks commentary is very impressive and stellar. NBA Live 16 needs authentic ESPN Commentary that sounds like a actual NBA broadcast game. It would be cool if Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy could be in the booth talking in the actual game.
22cedric

Postby Ermolli on Mon May 04, 2015 4:21 pm

A couple thoughts:

Add more options to rebounding, Circle or B for back taps (what Tyson Chandler normally does to reset the offense), Square or X for tip ins, R2+Square or RT+X for putback dunks.

More control in shot-blocking like tapping the triangle would be a quick block, holding said button so the defender goes in the air and has a window of opportunity to clock slower shots like floaters, and great shot-blockers could have a way to direction where the blocked ball is going like out of bounds or to a teammate to begin a fastbreak.
Ermolli

Postby mp3 on Tue May 05, 2015 1:07 am

Back taps... Nice idea!
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue May 05, 2015 10:54 am

Agreed. I'd like manual control over tips/putback dunk attempts as well, but I must admit I've never really thought about back taps, which would obviously have a risk/reward element to them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA Live 16