NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:06 am

NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Welcome to our official Wishlist thread for NBA Live 16! In this thread, we're compiling constructive feedback for the NBA Live Development Team, based on what we want to see in NBA Live 16. Having talked to a couple of the developers about the Wishlist in the past, we've devised the following format so that we can provide them with the best, most useful and most comprehensive feedback possible.

Important Notes

Please keep this stuff in mind as you're posting your ideas!

• Post your top ten or fifteen wishes/suggestions for the game, ie. the ten or fifteen most important things that NBA Live 16 needs to do/add/improve upon. If you have a couple of extra points, that's fine, but no more than 20.

• Elaborate and post details where necessary. Don't write an essay, but saying things like "better gameplay" doesn't give enough feedback either. Mention specific issues, along with relevant improvements and fixes you want to see. A few sentences or subpoints are fine and will add clarification.

• Be constructive! No insults, flaming or bashing in this thread. If you're not interested in providing feedback, move along. If you want to vent about NBA Live 15, please do so in one of the impressions threads (or feel free to create a new one); again, this thread is for constructive feedback only. You don't need to sugarcoat things or hold back on talking about stuff that needs to be fixed, just don't be abusive or needlessly snarky.

That's about it. Feel free to start posting your ideas and if you have any further questions, just ask. The development team will be keeping tabs on this thread and we'll also be passing feedback on to them directly.

ADDITIONAL NOTE: 10-15 items (20 max) is a guide for those who want to post lengthier feedback. If there are only a few things you care to post, ie if your list is only five items, that's no problem, nor is it a problem if you post a few items, then remember some other ideas and post them as a follow-up. If it's constructive feedback, it's welcome; don't feel pressured to fill a quota of suggestions.
This topic was moved from NBA Live 15 by Andrew on Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:05 am.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: NBA Live 16 Wishlist

Postby Kevin on Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:15 pm

I'll start.

1.) Allow us to edit rosters.
- Let's face it, some things like these are sometimes better when modified by a community member.

2.) A better MyCareer story line.
- Rising Star is too..... "vanilla".

3.) Create or Edit Draft Classes.

4.) Ability to choose specific plays for a player.

5.) Include face scan.
- Well, unless 2k owns that thing.

6.) In-depth look at lineups.
- I have had this in my mind for such a long time. Basically, it will allow us to create a group of 5 players to play on the court and we can name it as "Blowout" , "Rim Protection" , "Second Unit" , etc.. And we can just quick switch to it when we substitute players.

7.) More variety of dribble and post moves.
- Like they can add some cool new crossovers and behind the backs.

8.) ESPN ticker.

9.) ALL-STAR WEEKEND.

10.) More cut scenes.
- Show us the reaction of the fans when a player hits the game-winning shot or show us the reaction of the bench when a guy like Jordan posterizes somebody hard.

11.) Addition of D-League.
- This is, for me, a great idea specially when playing in Dynasty Mode. You can send a sucky player from your team to the D-League so that he can gain some confidence there and when you finally call him in, his attributes are slightly changed.

12.) Addition of FIBA Teams.
- Yep.

13.) Better team AI.
- I want them to capitalize on every mismatch, cut everytime there is an opening,or get open so I can pass them the ball.

14.) Better CPU AI execution.
- Slightly less broken plays; better recovery in defense.

15.) SLIDERS.
- UH-UH.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby JBulls on Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:47 am

Graphics:

1) While the graphics are much better than before, this year the graphics seem to have a washed out/faded effect and lacked that "pop" which previous games had. There also appears to be a cooler colour filter or something, if so, please remove it.

2) Tighter jerseys.

3) Players eyes look like they're made of glass, please adjust.

4) Face+Body Scans. Looks like 2K could be doing this (possibly) for 2K16* so I advise that the Live team not fall behind in this regard.

* http://www.operationsports.com/forums/n ... types.html

Gameplay:

1) Remove Automotion option, should be on by default.

2) Remove PS2 animation(s), all older low quality animations aka robotic animations, replace with new animations and work on blend sequences.

3) The ball and rim physics needs to be redone. The ball when passed and shot seem to decelerate unnaturally and float when traveling to its destination which makes it appear that there isn't much weight to the ball.

4) A lot more player specific animations. Size up, dribble moves, jump shots, free throws, dunks, running animations, etc.

5) Invest in new animation system, if not for Live 16/17, then for future versions. Animations still look like last gen and unnatural imo.
Last edited by JBulls on Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBulls

Postby The X on Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:47 am

I've heard Ultimate Team isn't same as FIFA. Obviously different sport but I'd like to see them have chemistry (same school/country/team increases; playing out of position decreases).
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:01 am

I'll be posting my list shortly, but a note that just came to mind (which I'll add to the first post): while the 10-15 points (20 max) should be a guideline for those who do want to post lengthy feedback, you don't have to come up with that many points, or post them all at once; say, if you can only think of four or five that are important to you, and a couple of others come to mind later, that's fine. (Y)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:12 pm

NBA Live 16 Wishlist

More suggestions to make NBA Live 16 really good and almost to NBA 2K level

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1t4E ... Z9Zao/edit

5 gameplay tweaks that will make 'NBA Live 16' better than 'NBA Live 15'

http://www.examiner.com/article/5-gamep ... ba-live-15

In this exclusive list, Examiner breaks down five improvements that could make "NBA Live 16" a serious competition to NBA 2K's basketball throne.

More Attention to Detail: On its own merits, "NBA Live 15" is a solid game of roundball, but it needs more personality. More replays, more close-up shots, more sexiness. With all the attention paid to the dribbling engine, it would be so much cooler to see it up close, especially after you break someone's ankles. The visuals, as well are much better than last year, but you don't get as many chances to see them as you'd like.

Better Presentation: While the ESPN license throws stats all over the place, it needs to be incorporated more. No pre-game or half-time shows ? No shots of any of the commentators ? It's not that the "NBA 2K" series does this in droves, it's the fact that even other EA Sports games do too. In order to hang with the only other game in town, "NBA Live" needs to particularly dedicate itself to this area.

Bland Commentary: Although it's better than last year, it's far too repetitive for its own good. Unlike the competition, it never draws you in. It never feels authentic.

A One of a Kind Mode: Although Ultimate Team works well and there are a few other modes, they don't steal the show like 2K's "MyTeam" or "MyCareer" do. Again, much like the commentary and presentation, if "NBA Live 15" were the only game in town, these things wouldn't be as bad an issue, but when the competition raises the bar as high as NBA 2K did this year, you have to as well.

More Attention to Defense: Offense feels better than it has in years, especially thanks to an awesome alley-oop feature and pick and roll engine. Defense still feels like a crapshoot though. Away from some fun in the block game, there's not much skill involved in defense. Instead, it just feels like your waiting for your opponent to miss.

Can NBA Live 16 be a real competitor ?

I think NBA Live is a ways away from overall fluidity, animation quality and things of that nature. NBA Live 15 does a decent job with ball tangibility and rebounding. Competition is always wanted and always needed and it's something that consumers prefer as simulation gamers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EtSa7HSgWo

NBA LIVE 16 Wishlist - Control Schemes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FusidasELw

NBA LIVE 16 Wishlist - Detection

The ragdoll physics need to be a consistent thing in NBA Live 16.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeJpKgLpCQ

NBA LIVE 16 Wishlist - Gameplay Sliders

Gameplay sliders allow the player a lot more freedom. I prefer a simulation style NBA basketball game with correct shooting percentages and correct type of gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-TmPHanR4g

NBA LIVE 16 Wishlist - Create/Edit Players

To the EA Sports NBA Live Development team there are a lot of things from previous NBA Live titles that you can bring back to make as the series stands now so much better. That being tied in to player creation the development team can review games like NBA Live 10 where the player creation was just phenomenal at least at the time but it still can be improved. Anything from being able to adjust your wingspan, hair length, hair color, eye color,etc. Edit players is crucial especially with dynasty mode we would like the ability to save our own rosters for the main menu for tipoff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiCza2QqgE8

NBA LIVE 16 Wishlist - EA Locker

EA Locker would thrive in this modern day NBA Live era.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHyyzfr ... e=youtu.be

Vibe City: The State of NBA Live 16 - Offensive Improvements To Paint Animations

NBA Live 16 does have potential to take another step forward similar to the steps taken from NBA Live 14 to NBA Live 15

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAnk73K ... youtu.be&a

NBA LIVE 16 Discussion - Player Scanning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4WRwEP ... youtu.be&a

The State of NBA Live 16 - Ultimate Team Additions & Improvements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFidJ43 ... e=youtu.be

NBA LIVE 16 Wishlist - Bells & Whistles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w9hsMX ... youtu.be&a

For shoot around 1 vs 1 and scrimmages let players have option to choose the environment whether it's the adidas gym and old street court, or and actual NBA arena. Bring back starting lineup presentations, and pre-game rituals. Let us see the ESPN presenters assistant coaches and in act players courtside. Bring back dynamic commentary for dynasty mode, talking about previous seasons and recent transactions. Bring back ESPN Wired as least for timeouts Bring back NBA All Star Weekend and Dynamic DNA which we say in NBA Live 07.
Last edited by 22cedric on Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:39 am, edited 8 times in total.
22cedric

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:22 pm

Videos are good, but for the sake of submitting clear and concise feedback, it's important that we provide the development team with something they can read. Feedback in point form can be consumed quicker than watching a video.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:35 pm

Ok Andrew thanks for the clarification I will make sure to make adjustments in the future based on your statement.
22cedric

Postby Andrew on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:39 pm

No problem. It's all about making that feedback as accessible as possible to the dev team. :)
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby 22cedric on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:25 pm

I totally agree Andrew that's all that matters at the end of the day.
22cedric

Postby Johndoenyc on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:53 pm

• Properly fitted jerseys, coaches suits & warm-ups.

• Face & body scans. (Players like Lillard & Nerlens Noel look unbelievablely realistic. If they can get every player to look that good with that muchattention to detail, they win the graphics department hands down)

• Fluid animations in shooting, contact plays on the perimeter & in the paint.

• Commentary needs a complete overhaul. Have Green, JVG & Jackson in studio recording together for better flow of conversation. Lisa Salters with sideline reports.

• Signature jump-shot forms, free throw routines, pregame rituals.
Johndoenyc

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:44 am

About time I posted mine. I know I'm going a little over the maximum number of items with some of my "sub-Wishes", but I feel that a few points do need to be expanded upon, and a sub-list is a bit easier on the eye. I've also compiled a short list of key bugs that need to be addressed.

My Wishlist

• Improved animations, phasing out and replacing outdated ones with new, more realistic ones. Ideally, there should be smooth and fluid transitions between the animations, so that they are aesthetically pleasing and life-like.

• More responsiveness and smoothness to the controls. NBA Live 15 was definitely an improvement on NBA Live 14 in this area, but there's still room for improvement. It's also paramount that there be a good balance between animation quality and control responsiveness; the game needs to look good without feeling clunky, or that we're getting trapped in an animation.

• Tweak jumpshot release timing, add an on-screen cue for the optimal release point (similar to 2K's flash in the player indicator), and adjust the contested/guarded logic; presently, "contested" shots can happen when a defender gets there very late, or is simply in the vicinity of the shooter but doesn't have a hand in their face (or isn't even in front of them). The AI in particular uses this to a great and unrealistic effect, coming up with contested shots that really should count as being wide open.

• Add gameplay sliders so that we can make our own tweaks to the gameplay. For example, it's important that we can fine tune shooting percentages, block and interception rates, game speed, momentum and so on, in case we're not satisfied with the gameplay out of the box. It would also be nice to have some pre-sets (standard, ultra sim, arcade/casual).

• Keep the current approach to controls, but perhaps add some more control over post moves. If possible, expand the tip/putback dunk controls so that we can manually choose whether we want to try for a tip or putback dunk. An option to try to tap the rebound to a teammate (with the risk of tipping it to an opponent instead) would also be nice. Also, bring back the manual bounce pass and floater controls.

• Add more post moves, dunks, lay-ups, signature dribbles, signature jumpshots, and some signature dunk packages, to increase animation variety and player individuality.

• Bring back in-game injuries, but don't have them depend solely on hard fouls or shooting fouls.

• The AI seems to draw a lot of charging fouls in NBA Live 15 that really shouldn't be called charges (eg when it jumps into a user controlled player to block a shot). Conversely, it's very hard to draw charges at the other end. This is something that needs to be adjusted and balanced.

• Enhance and deepen Dynasty Mode. Some key features to hit upon would include:

• Allow us to hire and fire head coaches, in addition to other staff.
    • Add more information screens, such as all-time records, advanced stats, Draft boards/history (after the Draft has concluded) and transactions.
    • Add three team trades, perhaps using a system/interface similar to the one we had in NBA Live 2001.
    • Allow us to edit players to assign new accessories and jersey numbers, if we feel like giving a benchwarmer a ton of gear for fun, or we want to assign players the jersey number of our choice, or change their primary position.
    • Keep the current player rotation menu! Can't stress this one enough, it's exactly what I've wanted since NBA Live 07. ;)
    • Keep features like simulation intervention, free agent negotiation, trade feedback (ie why teams are rejecting a trade offer), and team direction.
    • Simulated stats and trade logic are already pretty good in NBA Live 15, but any further enhancements would be welcome.
    • Allow us to enter a five-on-five scrimmage with our team at any time (useful for trying out those new acquisitions before entering the next game on the schedule).
    • Recognise retired jersey numbers and prevent them from being used (unless overridden by the user).
    • Ensure that only players who qualify show up in the League Leaders.
    • Add 10 day contracts and contract extensions.
    • Add the ability to proceed or back out of a trade that's been agreed to, as in NBA Live 2000. In other words, allow the user to make a proposal, see if it would be agreed to, and then decide to go ahead or explore other options.
    • Allow scouting of rookies throughout the season.
    • Add All-Star voting, according to the new backcourt/frontcourt system.
    • Add customisation settings and sandbox elements similar to NBA 2K15's MyLEAGUE, where we can adjust injury frequency and severity, trade frequency, and so on.
  • Allow users to create their own custom rosters outside of Dynasty Mode, which could be saved locally and easily shared for other users to download at any time. Key functions would include:

• Trade Players
    • Sign/Release Players
    • Edit Player (Ratings, Playing Style, Jersey Number, Primary/Secondary position)
    • Create-a-Player (preferably with full bio data, including Draft information, place of birth, and so on).
    • Edit Playbooks/Coaching Profiles
    • Create Team (I realise this one may have to wait, but the others are must for customisation). If custom teams make the cut, I'd like to see some generic basketball themed artwork to choose from.
  • Allow users to play with uninjured rosters in Tip Off mode (or at least, give us the option of playing with the latest Synergy rosters or uninjured/Dynasty rosters). Also, even though it would be less of an issue if we could customise and share custom rosters ourselves, it would be good to get more frequent official roster updates that add new players and adjust line-ups, with one major weekly update.

• Bring back the standalone Playoffs Mode, as well as a dedicated One-on-One mode. It wouldn't hurt to bring back single Season mode, or allow users to play a single season of Dynasty with trimmed down options. Keep Practice Mode with its options from NBA Live 15 intact. LIVE Season and BIG Moments are also something that should stick around, but I'm guessing that's a given.

• Bring back All-Star Weekend Mode, with integration in Dynasty Mode and Rising Star.

• Enhance and deepen Rising Star. Ideally, I'd like something similar to NBA 2K's old approach to MyCAREER; not completely storyline or cut-scene driven, but with fake social media interaction, challenges from other players that offer more XP to level up if you succeed, goals that pop up during the game, advertisements and endorsements, meetings with the coach, etc. I also really like the option to choose whether you want to go to a specific team at the beginning of Rising Star in NBA Live 15, so that's something that should be kept.

• Allow us to change the speed of the accelerated clock. It'd also be handy to be able to turn the accelerated clock off and on in BIG Moments, as they can make certain challenges too easy or too difficult.

• A few ideas for Ultimate Team:

• Allow users to trade cards with friends, without having to put them up for auction/sale (and hope their friend buys it quickly enough).
    • Reduce the prices on packs; while the content/value was alright, the prices were a little steep in NBA Live 15, compared to NBA Live 14.
    • Place some restrictions/upper limits on auction prices, as some users really go overboard with overcharging.

• Find a way to utilise Legends outside of Ultimate Team, such as the old Decade All-Stars teams. If Michael Jordan's contract with 2K is expiring, or is no longer exclusive, please try to get him into the game, too. Or, if there's Create-a-Player, let us add players to any Decade All-Stars teams, so that we can at least play with created versions of Legends who can't be included out of the box.

• A PC release! There’s a dedicated PC gaming community that would definitely check out a new NBA Live game. We’ve been waiting since NBA Live 08. ;)

Bugs List

• The auto-substitution and auto-timeout settings affect the CPU in addition to the user. In other words, you need to keep auto subs and auto timeouts on, if you want the CPU to make substitutions and call timeout. This should be a user-only setting.

• Occasionally unable to inbound the ball, resulting in a five second violation.

• I've experienced a few random crashes in the PlayStation 4 version from time to time. There doesn't seem to be any pattern and I don't have any error codes handy, but I have been submitting reports each time, so hopefully that helps.

• Occasionally, lay-ups are counted as three-pointers (often in and-one situations), and/or an incorrect number of free throws is awarded (eg two free throws in an and-one situation).

• Occasional glitches in commentary in BIG Moments, where shots from normal range are described as coming from beyond half court. This one seems to happen most in BIG Moments involving a last second shot.

• Players sometimes don't foul out after picking up their sixth foul.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Feb 18, 2015 10:16 am

1. Tweak the animations where you can utilize space better, especially tight corners during game play.
- Fifa does this well, especially with the passing. You are able to use every inch of the field during game play to your advantage
- Allow players to switch speeds properly, and stop on a dime, pull up with ease, so overall better transition animations to make players look and feel more life like
- More precise dribbling, sometimes players dribble and they're not facing the defender, looks awkward
- Tap backs off rebounds

2. Allow us to edit our line ups before each quarter begins
- We should have at least 30 seconds before each quarter to make our own adjustments
- Allow us to take off Auto Subs for Ultimate Team

3. Ability to edit and save our own rosters and post them in lockers to share (also edit ratings of each player like we used to)
- All the shoes, accessories etc that get added in the game should be added to the database as well so we can customize players when we like
- Sliders for game play (CPU and USER)

4. CHANGE the dunk sounds, to me it makes the game sounds like an arcade game, especially with the great arena sounds, it just sounds cheesy

5. Cheaper Gold packs in Ultimate team, and also have more contracts in packs, ability to turn off auto subs in Ultimate Team (CPU does dumb stuff)

7. Make the ball loose, This is one thing the game needs, it's too scripted
- It might help the unfair rebounding logic in the game, sometimes the CPU gets 5 offensive rebounds in a row

8. More facial animations, and MORE UNIQUE celebrations. Also hope you guys can add more signature style animations in the game to differentiate players

9. CPU Charge cheese, CPU can get charge calls on you while you get blocking calls for your tries, been a problem since '14

10. Allow users to enable Aggressive (hyper) Defense, similar what the CPU can do to you in the 4th quarter
- the higher the aggressiveness, the more fatigue gets used

11. I know some fans want Auto Motion on, I play with it off, so please give us that option

12. Play calling is too short, most plays are one pass, need more complex plays all across the board
- Able to call up players, especially during full court press
- A.I. will probably play better with more options
- Team specific plays (more complex ones)
- When you adjust your coaching setting, they usually go back to default in-game, also been a problem since '14

13. More precise controls, game lags a lot at times, not sure why, I'm guessing servers issues

14. More deflections in the paint, ball tips, tap backs (but please don't have the warping). See #7 lol

15. In game sound track playable for home teams when they're on offense

16. Release the ball to physics, ball has to be loose, similar to FIFA and NHL. Get rid of warping altogether

- Edited
Last edited by ThaLiveKing on Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
ThaLiveKing

Postby jfresko on Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:54 am

1) Sprint speed during fast breaks need adjustments to make the players feel like they're actually on a fast break
2) Better catch and passing animations (Smarter AI in the field)
3) Jerseys should fit better on the player and also Shooter/warm up jackets
4) Springs on rim/hoop should sound better when dunking (Also should have slight shaking on hard dunks)
5) Forearms should be used on dribbles by better dribblers/ball handlers in the league
6) Better fouls detection, also less aggressive Intentional fouls (Maybe a slight wrap around animation)
7) Players should feel different when using them. (Unique dribbling, shooting, reactions, free throw shooting, passing, etc.)
8) Commentary needs to be more energetic and should be less generic. (Saying players names and moves when they do them is better)
9) Animations on drives, dunks. dribbling and shooting need sharpening. (Too many players do behind the back dribbles unintentionally and easily,
Shooting feels very similar on everyone with the same fast release point, drives and dunks sometimes glide...pushing defenders to glide to the side of them. (Also Blocks and Steals need sharpening and better detection and physics)
10) Players need better hairstyles and updating of their appearance. (Maybe allow the player to change accessories/sneakers) Also, skin smoothening.
11) MJ - Try to include some legendary teams for tip off games. (Maybe also Euro Teams)
12) NBA Jam mode or Street Mode would be nice.
13) Better camera angles in game and on replays. (Maybe the exact ones from a real ESPN game) Also, ESPN Ticker would be cool. No sound effects on replays..only music like on TV.
jfresko

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 am

Welcome! Fine list, thanks for contributing. :)

I've also made a small update to my list:

• Keep the current approach to controls, but perhaps add some more control over post moves. If possible, expand the tip/putback dunk controls so that we can manually choose whether we want to try for a tip or putback dunk. An option to try to tap the rebound to a teammate (with the risk of tipping it to an opponent instead) would also be nice. Also, bring back the manual bounce pass and floater controls.

That's something I've missed having in NBA Live 15.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:06 pm

Major
-Allow subs on and-1s. Players should sub in before the free throw is taken but it doesn't happen
-Contested shot logic seems a bit off. Even more confusing post patch when the green ring means nothing as any player within 5 feet of a player on the release causes it to be "guarded" or "contested"
-Shot timing results need to be re-worded. Great shooters should rarely miss "perfect" releases (especially wide-open ones) and should have more luck or leeway on slightly early or late ones. Same for free throws.
-Fix the scenarios/situations for BIG moments. I LOVE this mode, but a lot of these situations are obviously televised on TV, so it's noticeable when the situation isn't set up EXACTLY like how it was in real life. Wrong lineups, jerseys, inbounding positions, even incorrect stats (Points first half:0 second half:35)
-In Dynasty, allow for teams to trade without roster restrictions. Most of the other teams have 15 players so it's a bitch to make trades with an even amount of players on both sides. Trades should be allowed to go through and the teams with more than 15 players are required to immediately waive a player. This is also a pain in the offseason when resigning players and then needing to save 2 spots for the draft and then having no room for free agents.
-Controls need to be "tighter". I feel myself doing a lot of "stick waggling", especially when waiting for dribble animations to end or if I'm in the post. I really liked the responsiveness of the Live 14 demo's controls.
-in-game Injuries, please! and not fake ones that don't hurt like in Live 10
-Roster editing. If not, have rosters updated every day like in Live 10. Seriously, the roster updates were perfect in Live 10. Honestly I don't care if random player gets a 1 point boost in a certain rating, I just want the rosters to be RIGHT.
-BRING BACK LIVE RUN
-More online game modes, like OTP or allow you to bring a guest to play against others online. Just bring back all online modes from Live 10 haha
-All-star weekend. Weird, this was a staple of many wishlists pre-Live 2005. Dunk Contest, 3 point contest, skills challenge (dribbling, passing and shooting drills couldn't be that hard to do right?), Shooting Stars (more shooting), Rising stars. Integration into Dynasty where you can vote on All-star starters of your conference the day before the weekend.
-Overtime should not be 5 minutes long. it should be 2 max. Games are long enough, I feel like the refs do when overtime happens. I just want the game to be over.
-FIX FREE THROW SHOOTING. It's TOO DAMN EASY. I think overall, I'm shooting 90%+ all-time, even with 40% free throw shooters. There's seriously no challenge in free throw shooting. Please bring back the Elite method of free throw shooting and make it easier for highly rated players, harder for bad free throw shooters.
-GAMEPLAY SLIDERS

Minor
-Correct jerseys (Sorry, I'm an artist, so I notice these things). Seriously, I don't understand how these aren't perfect here in 2015. Lakers throwback has the NBA logo on the back, Cavs throwbacks incorrectly have the current numbers, many teams have wrong font of letters on back or incorrectly spaced letters on back. oh and my god the numbers are freaking humongous this year. Y'all took pictures of jerseys and "scanned" them, and yet completely ignored the size of the numbers relative to everything else on the jersey?
-Integrate legends into other parts of the game. I want to be able to play as Gary Payton without needing to find a needle in a haystack to get his card in UT. I dunno, have a "Legends scrimmage" pick up game to avoid licensing issues with retro team players.
-Add retro courts in UT, or at least the arenas without company names in them. Or maybe older court designs of current arenas? Bring back the Raptors 3D sideline "sign"
-Add Mark Jackson back in. Even if all he says is MOMMA THERE GOES THAT MAN and HAND DOWN, MAN DOWN on replays
-Allow accelerated clock options so that quarters can start at 12 mins. kinda like how in fifa you can pick how long the halves are
-TV timeouts to break up long stretches of play. It also allows us to get subs in. I've resorted to intentionally fouling just to get guys in.
-Keep the block animations! These are great.
-Non-guaranteed contracts in Dynasty

and comments on some of the others' wishlist items
6.) In-depth look at lineups.
- I have had this in my mind for such a long time. Basically, it will allow us to create a group of 5 players to play on the court and we can name it as "Blowout" , "Rim Protection" , "Second Unit" , etc.. And we can just quick switch to it when we substitute players.

I really like this idea of custom lineups. Instead of letting them guess who you want, you should be able to set these lineups before the game and switch to them easily in-game

10.) More cut scenes.
- Show us the reaction of the fans when a player hits the game-winning shot or show us the reaction of the bench when a guy like Jordan posterizes somebody hard.

Agree on game winners/misses and series/finals wins. Madden does a great job on Super Bowl wins.
Disagree on post-basket cut scenes. I immediately switched the setting to "rarely". It makes the game longer than it already is. I've now switched it to "never"

2) Tighter jerseys.
Properly fitted jerseys
Jerseys should fit better on the player

There's a few people that have mentioned this and y'all are on crack. Jersey fitment is fine. just a LITTLE floaty but not as bad as how 2k used to have them and is barely noticeable. It seems that floating jerseys are necessary in order them to be moving. If they do happen to make them super-tight, you guys would complain that they look "painted on"

Better Presentation

Presentation is fine. I like the Jalen segments, but I wind up skipping them almost all the time now.

Tweak jumpshot release timing, add an on-screen cue for the optimal release point (similar to 2K's flash in the player indicator), and adjust the contested/guarded logic; presently, "contested" shots can happen when a defender gets there very late, or is simply in the vicinity of the shooter but doesn't have a hand in their face (or isn't even in front of them). The AI in particular uses this to a great and unrealistic effect, coming up with contested shots that really should count as being wide open.

I think jumpshot release timing is fine, although it is really weird when you get inside and timing does not matter for layups and dunks, so it's hard to tell when you need to hold the shot button. I totally agree on the contested/guarded logic. It's a lot less forgiving after the patch, and It's nearly impossible to hit jumpers in the lane or open 3s with late closeouts

Bring back in-game injuries, but don't have them depend solely on hard fouls or shooting fouls.

Great idea. could be a random occurrence when landing on an opponent's foot on a layup or hell just coming down like Derrick Rose. In-game injuries should carry over if major (out for game) to dynasty

The AI seems to draw a lot of charging fouls in NBA Live 15 that really shouldn't be called charges (eg when it jumps into a user controlled player to block a shot). Conversely, it's very hard to draw charges at the other end. This is something that needs to be adjusted and balanced.

AI is great at taking charges and I admit a lot of them are actually charges. Fair enough. but I have not yet able to take 1 charge on the computer and it's really frustrating.

Reduce the prices on packs; while the content/value was alright, the prices were a little steep in NBA Live 15, compared to NBA Live 14.
I get 1000-1300 coins on average per win vs the CPU. and all these special packs are like 52000 coins. I don't have the time or patience to play 40 games to get a special "breakaway pack" or whatever only to get 1 gold player that's rated 81.
We get teased with legends every week and it's impossible to get them. On the PSN trophy list, 0.7% have achieved that, and I bet it's those people that buy packs with real money. Then they put legends up for auction for ridiculous amounts of coins to make a profit.

2. Allow us to edit our line ups before each quarter begins

YES. This was a great feature in 2k7. Give us the option at least, where we can X through it if we don't want subs.

5. Cheaper Gold packs in Ultimate team, and also have more contracts in packs

I have 15 pages of contracts. You get like 3 of them in a lot of these "coin packs". It's not a problem for me

It might help the unfair rebounding logic in the game, sometimes the CPU gets 5 offensive rebounds in a row

Interesting. That's never happened to me. they've had maybe 2 or 3 max against me.

10. Allow users to enable Aggressive Defense, similar what the CPU can do to you in the 4th quarter
- the higher the aggressiveness, the more fatigue gets used

awesome idea. L2 defensive assist button feels like it does nothing in the game as players already automatically get into defensive stance.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Venoms on Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:44 am

also,..accurate cyberface... :D
Venoms

Postby beegees on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:23 am

- Release on the current gen generation consoles. :D
- Some more than in NBA Live 15 frequently to roster updates (will be Ok at least 1-2 updates per week and will be accurate too!).
- Make more trading slots in Dynasty Mode (5 slots for example to trade more players and picks).
- Correct controls to Euro and Post Up. Make Euro on the stick, Post on Y. Use R3 for often post moves is tight and non comfortable.
- Improve subs timing. Make subs not only during the big pauses, also add small subs (1-1) more often.
- Pay more money for soundtrack. Please put not only no name rappers, also today's mainstream artist too. And use more than only one genre (rap). Please remind your best soundtrack ever from NBA Live 06. Add pop, rock, country tunes.
- Add more animations for passes, dunks, shots, blocks, steals etc.
- Please concentrate your ability on the first day of release. A lot of fans wanna not waiting around 2-3 months, when EA will be correct day one's lags, glitches and errors with patches.
- Add retro content for excibition and offline modes (not only in LUT). Make all star teams from 50' to 00'.
- Add solid All Star mode like in NBA Live 05: rookies, 3-p, dunk contest, all star game.
Thanks.
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:31 am

After playing nba live 15 quite a bit here's what id like to see in next years release.

Presentation

1)As much i love the ESPN input i think it can be used a lot more by adding a 3rd anchor on the sidelines to mix up the commentary during games but perhaps add a couple if not one other commentator to the crew to call games like Jon Barry or Mark Jackson so that for each game you may have a different crew member giving there own opinions on things, not sure if this would cost EA to much but sure would be cool.

2)Even if its not possible to do the above at least could they try and add as much content to the current voice overs of Mike Breen and JVG.

3) Music - I would really like it if they mixed up the soundtracks a lot to add a playlist of different type of music so its not a stereotypical hiphop mix, pretty sure it was nba live 10 the last live i bought had a decent mix of music which was great.

4)Bring back ESPN radio like they have had before, they could make it available if you have playstation plus or whatever the xbox version is.

5) Jerseys - I have seen so many people ask for this and i have to agree they need to remove or lower the shimmer/movement of the jersey that creates the effect of the jerseys looking to big for players.

So overall better fitting jerseys.

6)Update many more headscans for 2nd round picks and do a better job of players on current roster ie Hassan Whiteside looks nothing like his real life player yet EA keeps climbing up the ratings charts

7)Allow users to use a custom camera angle as much as i like espn's on camera there are some arenas that its just not good in.

Gameplay

8)Allow users to edit and tweak gameplay settings ourselves.

Back in 2003 when we started to have gameplay issues EA gave us the ability to edit the game to match our own liking but then took it away when you will never find a happy medium to balance all of the different levels of nba live players out there so give us the power to make the gameplay great again.

9)Editing and customize rosters ourselves, i know many people would say this isnt a gameplay issue but to be having a perfect roster is as much about playing the game and having everything perfect is alot of the reason many of us play and tweak theses basketball games.

Again this is something we have had for years and then its being taken away, editing rosters and sliders is what makes a perfect overall basketball game imo.

10)Allow us to share rosters and sliders with other users online just like 2k share.

11)Bring back Create a player and allow us to create a draft class that can be shared and used in Dynasty mode.

12)Dont adjust the games controls, i think you should just work on making them better and more responsive.

Dynasty Mode

13)Add end of season awards, add a transactions page and add a injury update page, come on guys theses are basics for season play and again something that has being taken away for some reason.

14)Add the ability to train and develop players ourselves and work on different areas such as shooting, defence etc in a challenge type setting with goals to be completed to upgrade players ratings.

15)Allow the use of 10 day contracts and allow users to fire and hire coaches.

If i think of more i will add them later!
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:58 am

Here's one that I forgot to mention earlier: allow up to four players locally, and allow local users to play co-op. In NBA Live 15, you can have two players locally, but head-to-head is the only option. Granted, squaring off against one another may be more common, but allowing two players vs the CPU is a pretty standard option, and there are some of us who do like to play co-operatively from time to time. To that end, I'd also suggest making co-op an option online.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:05 pm

beegees wrote:- Make more trading slots in Dynasty Mode (5 slots for example to trade more players and picks).

Great suggestion. I'd like to see this as well.
- Pay more money for soundtrack. Please put not only no name rappers, also today's mainstream artist too. And use more than only one genre (rap). Please remind your best soundtrack ever from NBA Live 06. Add pop, rock, country tunes.
3) Music - I would really like it if they mixed up the soundtracks a lot to add a playlist of different type of music so its not a stereotypical hiphop mix, pretty sure it was nba live 10 the last live i bought had a decent mix of music which was great.

This year's soundtrack was pretty good and was a good variety of music. I can listen to all of the songs without skipping. It's obviously mostly rap/hiphop since that's the style of the dude that they got to put it together. but a closed-minded person would call it a "sterotypical hiphop mix" because they just don't like the type of music. There's plenty of great rap songs on there with a nice smooth beat with producers like Alchemist, Disclosure, & A-Trak as an alternative to the "hard" or "gangsta" music you think of. There's a selection of EDM/Dubstep tracks as well as Indie/Pop tracks. There's a couple R&B tracks and even a reggae song thrown in there.

I didn't get to hear Live 14's soundtrack, but the list seems like a big chunk of EDM type music and less hip hop overall. Live 10 was also pretty solid all-around, as mp3 said but c'mon bro "last live i bought with a decent mix"? well, it was either 14 or 10, since 11-13 were never released. Hell, Elite 11's approach with J Cole before he blew up and 8th wonder would have been sick. I like this underground approach EA takes so you don't hear shit that you've already heard plenty of times before. I mean, I heard enough of Planet Rock in 2k7, what makes you think that it's ok to recycle it in 2k15? It's a great song, but that's just lazy.

Andrew wrote:Here's one that I forgot to mention earlier: allow up to four players locally, and allow local users to play co-op. In NBA Live 15, you can have two players locally, but head-to-head is the only option. Granted, squaring off against one another may be more common, but allowing two players vs the CPU is a pretty standard option, and there are some of us who do like to play co-operatively from time to time. To that end, I'd also suggest making co-op an option online.

Totally agree here. I did hint at it in my wishlist, but my friend and I play tons of FIFA co-op online. We prefer it over playing against each other and we used to play Live/2K online the same way.

4)Bring back ESPN radio like they have had before, they could make it available if you have playstation plus or whatever the xbox version is.

not exactly sure what you are talking about when you say ESPN radio, but after the first song plays there's an unskippable Jalen segment (that I wish I could skip) that they update throughout the season.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 24, 2015 2:22 pm

The Jalen Rose segment is basically a replacement of the old ESPN Radio they introduced with NBA Live 07.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:32 pm

I used to love the random blasts of espn updates with real life scores and sports info coming through while I edited rosters and got the game perfect.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby 22cedric on Thu Feb 26, 2015 10:16 am

A downside from NBA Live 15 was the commentary was still lackluster from Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundy. There were long pauses without speech and clearly a shortage of recorded lines to keep the commentary fresh. Obviously if you play the game enough it's only so much fresh audio to hear but Mike Breen and Jeff Van Gundys talk got repetitive rather quickly.
22cedric

Postby Ermolli on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:26 am

Dynasty Mode
- Be influenced by Football Manager 15 and NFL Head Coach 09

-To have Dynasty Mode similar to NFL Head Coach 09 or at least have some of its features like different interpretations of player ratings according to the system, philosophy, or team the players are on,trade/free agent acquisition auction system,player behavior that players have different personality traits and characteristics that affect how they perform and how happy they are, more authentic pre-draft and draft according to the team needs.

- Hot and cold streaks could help in Dynasty by adding some strategy to the mode by choosing between putting the best players at that moment (and players that have chemistry or fit the system) instead of putting the players with the best overall on the starting 5 or not, those streaks would affect players ratings depending on player's consistency ratings.

-It could be interesting is if on Dynasty our European draft picks could play in Europe a couple of years if there isn't the urgency of having them now, or not signing some players but having their rights which could be used in trades.

-Revamp the Draft on Dynasty mode, only choosing five players to scout once is stale, shallow and lack any kind of interest in trying to rebuild via drafts. Let us scout players like previous Live games and bring more life to the draft like Madden 25.

- The ability to recruit free agents similar to how was done on previous NCAA Football games (Interviews, phone calls, offers, etc to attract free agents).

- To have the ability to know how the upcoming draft classes are going to be in the next few years (weak, normal or strong).

- Have the ability to create a team and have the option to use it as an expansion team. Maybe they could create the option like Fifa's Creation Center or NCAA's Teambuilder.

- Have the option to choose to begin Dynasty mode as an Assistant Coach and have limited things to do. If you perform well you can be offered to be HC of some team.

- To receive offers from other teams offering salary and staff point on Dynasty Mode, it was like a reward for my work in my opinion.

- Specific commentary (stats, standings, streaks, players, MVP candidates, etc)

- Three or four-team trades

- Chemistry and specific lineups to have more importance on gameplay

- More GM/coach interaction with players

- Sportscenter with news around the league, highlights, stories, rumors, etc (like NFL 2K5 had)

- ESPN rumors and news (like NBA Live 06 had)

- Offseason overhawl

- Bring something similar to Transfer Deadline Day from FIFA to Live. Instead of being about transfers like FIFA is about, it could be integrated something like that but for the trade deadline. Trade deadline day tends to be an interesting and tense day, with lots of speculation about which teams will try to upgrade their team on their way to the playoffs, if there's going to be a superstar swap, teams blowing up preparing for a rebuild, with lots of rumors. As it is right now that day is an afterthought on Dynasty Mode so this could spice up the mode and give more meaning to the day.

- It'd be great if besides scouting prospects ratings we could find out their tendencies to see if they could fit into our team's system and expectations for the vacant spot in our roster.

- I haven't seen any Mock Draft after the Draft Lottery which could be interesting to know if the player you want is expected to be chosen before or after your pick in order to trade up or down.

- Also, in my opinion it would be more helpful if users could get some kind of info about the prospect besides school, position, size, weight and projection; how about hometown, college stats, Draft Combine stats and NBA comparison? What I was considering about the Draft Combine was that you could use the different info that you could get from it and estimate how that could translate into ratings; for example a 41.5 inches on the Max Vertical Leap would be between a 80 and 85 on Jumping rating, 3.14 second in the Three Quarter drill would be between 85 to 95 Speed rating, those gaps would be reduced by scouting the player before the draft.
Another thing I wasn't sure if scouting should show player ratings, maybe if they do scout ratings those aren't necessarily the real rating the prospect is going to have, it could depend on the quality of your scouts; perhaps one of your scouts says X player will have 77 on 3 point shooting but he really has 59 and he makes the mistake because he’s an E scout. If not then maybe there could be several categories rated up to 10 like NBA Draft.net has (athleticism, size, defense, intangibles, NBA ready, potential, etc). Also there could be a couple paragraphs or lines about each prospects strengths and weaknesses.

- I feel salaries on Dynasty Mode should be dictated by stats and not so much on ratings. Players are payed based on their production during the past year more times than not, independent of their "ratings" if a player has a good year he usually get payed more than an underperforming better player, there's a reason many players play better during their contract years.
Also salaries should be according to their positions. Nowadays centers are payed more than other positions comparing the quality on their positions, so it would be more real if on Live 15 the average salary of centers is higher than point guards for example.
Overall ratings should be part of the players salary but shouldn't be the number one or only reason to dictate how much they earn on their salaries; potential, small or big market, previous injuries, team specific needs (rebounding, defense, three point shooting) could play a part on the amount a player is payed during free agency on Live 16.

- Several features from NBA Live 07 which I liked and gave a lot of depth to Dynasty Mode:

• Hire staff: assistant head coach, assistants, trainers, scouts; each with age, expected salary and years, specialty (which for example be leadership, development, league insider for assistant head coaches), ratings and teams interested. There’s a cap to hire them and could change based on how you did in the previous seasons.
  • Training camp: focus on offense, defense and athletics.
  • Players’ satisfaction being affected by market, roster stability, win percentage, playing time, team talent, bench order, team events and team chemistry.
  • Team chemistry would be affected by those players’ satisfaction plus how well players’ got with each other and forming the starting lineups and different units that played well could depend on the synergy between the five players.
  • Player fatigue through the season affected by minutes played, team events like practices, back to back games, road trips, age and games played.
  • Rumors about signings, trades, releases, team chemistry, retirements which could be true or false; knowing these would be useful if you’re trying to sign a player or make a trade with someone who could be on the trade block.
  • Player evolution through the year, they can slim down or gain weight affecting their athletics ratings and improve ratings via potential and playing time.
  • Rookie scouting through the season with scouts and being able to play with or against them during the offseason to get a feel of them
  • While drafting a player there are tabs indicating Team Weakness with players who could fill those needs and ESPN Comments on the players available that you’re going through, draft grades on the picks.
  • Can separate free agents in all available, affordable, mid-level exception, minimum, waived, qualified veterans.
  • Being able to trade during the off-season.
  • Being able to be released by the team owner or being offered a position from another team.
  • Assign playing time for each position and assign how often players start games.
  • Being able to know before the off-season the projected draft class and if it’s strong, normal or weak.
  • Train players on your team on offense, defense or athletics.

EA Sports Basketball Assossiation / Team Up Mode
I don't play online usually but if I've to pick between both I'd pick EASBA. If the gameplay is good and almost exploit-free with great online connection unlike Live 14 I'd give it a try.

I remember Elite 11 was going to bring the mode but since it got cancelled everything about the game got scrapped (even a deeper single player mode than what we have now). If someone is interested to know what the mode would've been you can check it out here: http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/5497388/breaking-nba-elites-become-legendary-easba-modes?readmore=fullstory

I'd like the idea of creating a separate player from Rising Star (maybe even with the ability to use gameface) and gain XP and increasing rating only through this mode, begin playing alone trying to be recruited or be in a team from the get go.
Team would have name and logo created with some editor so there could be some variety. Maybe the team could begin playing with generic jerseys and the home court would be in a park without people outside watching, then as they improve with wins and XP they’d get some fans outside they park games, then in a small gym with few fans and keep on improving until you get in a full-packed NBA-like arena with the ESPN crew commentating. Perhaps as you improve and get more XP you can use Under Armour shirts and shorts (gotta put them somewhere since they’re sponsors right?) and finally have jerseys from the different UA templates with customization (and pregame jackets?).
Games would be 5 on 5 four quarter games with NBA rules and you could play exhibitions, challenges or seasons. Season mode would be like Elite 11 was going to have:
The other big thing associated with the EASBA is the addition of seasonal play and playoffs to the mode. "Each season is a month, and there will be three divisions -- Elite, Pro, and Amateur," Reeder explains. "So as you play your games throughout the month, you're trying to get into the best division you can. Then once the season ends, we start the playoffs and whatever division you qualify for at the end of the season, you enter that playoff bracket."
Playoffs are a 16 team knockout tournament. Think March Madness on a smaller scale.
Adds Reeder: "You need to win four in a row to essentially win your playoff, then we have a ton of awards and trophies for teams that finish with a good regular season record and win the playoffs. Just a lot of cool stuff to showoff how good your squad is.
"Then the next month, it's another free-for-all as everyone tries to qualify for the next set of playoffs.
If the mode is somewhere close to this I'd be all over it as long as I can find someone to play with, these modes seem so much more fun when you know who you're playing with.

Ultimate Team
1) Integrate Chemistry to the mode. Chemistry in Ultimate Team should be a very important role, it should affect the efficiency of the players on the court and affect the performance on your team in order to win. In other words, the chemistry is a factor that helps the game play by interacting with the familiarity of the player with the club and his positioning, the relation with the other players and the manager. In general, the introduction for chemistry should be there to give more logic to the game and to make the building of a team more complex, challenging and diverse, if not building teams would only consist on just having the best players and then when you play online there’s little variety between teams.
Similar to FIFA I’d suggest that chemistry should be affected by position, team the players are from, relation with his teammates, relation with his coach, loyalty to the team (you get it by playing him more than ten games). Chemistry by position would be strong if he plays in his natural position and weak if he plays in his secondary position (if he has one), one example could be LeBron James (SF=Strong, PF=Weak). Chemistry by position would be null if two players play from different conferences, weak if they play in the same conference, strong if they play in the same division and hyper (the max) if they’re from the same team. Chemistry by coach could only affect minimally to the players which play in the same conference.

2) Add more team logos and jerseys. For team logos I like the variety but for instance alternate logos could be added.
I found the amount of jerseys on Live 15 quite lackluster, there are tons that could be added from the different eras; they could even add old All Star game jerseys, the 80’s old school ones, the 90’s themed ones or the most recent jerseys from the 00’s. It could be interesting if some rare cards were Adidas, Nike or other brand jersey templates and then you could edit it to fit it with your team style.
Could also add old stadiums too, even a few generic ones.

3) Add more challenges with restrictions in the Fantasy Showdowns so there could be some strategy while building teams. For example to play against the Draft Class squad you need to have at least three starters from the same Draft Class (example Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard and Klay Thompson from 2011), against a team that plays on Christmas you need to have two players from the teams who plays on Christmas and use one of the Christmas jerseys, in a Northwest showdown all your starters need to be from that division, etc. This would some strategy and more of a challenge to play those besides that would make users try more players and maybe they discover some that they’d like to keep later.

4) Have different difficulty barriers to some different Fantasy Showdowns.

5) Add consumables to the mode. These could be Training (give a small boost in certain category to a player for a limited quantity of games), Fitness (energy recovery to fatigued players after playing so many minutes, could help to make users play their bench instead of making their starters play all game), Healing (heal an injured player in a certain area like upper or lower body), Position Modifier (change a players secondary position to primary).

6) Add more legends and add special editions of current players for instance Tim Duncan 97-98 Rookie of the Year, Kevin Garnett 03-04 MVP, Kobe Bryant 05-06 Scoring Champion, Dwyane Wade from 08-09, etc with their likeness from those years.

Presentation
I don't know where to put it but I guess this is the best play to put it.
I appreciate the try of having ESPN presentation but I feel it isn't as authentic as it could be, specially the half time show. Here would be my suggestion for a better ESPN presentation (not counting NBA Countdown because it might be more difficult to do).

Before Pregame
Audio: Jalen Rose presenting teams.
Visual: Exterior shot of the arena/Somewhere in the city/People entering the arena/Players on the locker room.

Pregame
Audio1: Mike Breen presenting game.
Visual1: Interior shot of the arena/Player introduction (full or cut depending on regular season or playoff game).
Audio2: Starters for the game mentioning a few stats or commentary.
Visual2: Starters display over cheerleaders/players shootaround.
Audio3: Sideline reporter talking about what a coach or player said and commentary team talking about keys to the game.
Visual3: Players preparing for tipoff.

Timeout
Audio: ESPN theme while commentary analysis to timeout.
Visual: Key play(s) to timeout with scoreboard display.

After Timeout/Before Resuming Game 1
Audio: Commentary about keys to the game so far (Player or Team)
Visual: ESPN style overlays about what commentary says, then few highlights (2 to 4 plays).

After Timeout/Before Resuming Game 2
Audio: Commentary about stats and game so far.
Visual: Stats overlay so far.

After Timeout/Before Resuming Game 3
Audio: Wired.
Visual: Wired.

End of Quarter
Audio: Mention about scores and leading scorer before ESPN theme.
Visual: Few highlights.

End of Half
Audio: Mention about scores and leading scorer before ESPN theme.
Visual: Players going to the locker rooms before few highlights and other stuff (players getting into the court, coaches talking during timeout, emotions or celebrations by players).

Halftime Report
Audio1: Description of highlights and opinions about game so far.
Visual1: First half highlights.
Audio2: Keys to the game for the first half.
Visual2: Highlights about keys.

Before Second Half
Audio: Commenting first half stats.
Visual: First half stats overlay.

After Timeout/Before Resuming Game (Second Half 1)
Audio: Mention of leading scorers.
Visual: Game leading scorers overlay.

After Timeout/Before Resuming Game (Second Half 2)
Audio: Commentary about score and keys to the game.
Visual: Scores by quarter overlay.

End of Game
Audio1: Mention of score, player of the game and commentary about the game.
Visual1: Closeup of players, then showing them going to the locker room.
Audio2: Closing up commentary and final mention of score.
Visual2: Game highlights.

That's what I believe would be a more real and doable thing Live could do to make their ESPN presentation better; also please remove the on court and crowd sounds during highlights, I find it weird and annoying.

Control Scheme
  • - Firstly, I feel that there could be a way to close out shooters. For instance I know somewhere's about to shoot but I'm not close enough to block him, there I'd like to put pressure at him by running towards him and putting a hand on his face. Perhaps a R2+Right stick Up?
  • - I think that there should be a way to manually move your hands like Elite 11 had/was going to have, I found that option helpful in order to block a passing lane or try to prevent or deflect a pass to the post.
  • - I believe there could be a way to change the stance of defenders, it could be useful to prevent a pass or a way to defend the ballhandler on a pick a roll forcing him to a certain direction such as trying to use ice defense.
  • - A way for the defender to move laterally while moving his hands.
  • - The ability to draw fouls like NBA Live 2005 had.
  • - Change and modify shots or layups.
  • - Off the ball controls ala Live 10.
  • - Have the option on the menu to change control between absolute and camera-based.
  • - Being able to choose pivot foot on triple-threat and on the post.
  • - Having a way to choose where to set the pick: left, right or behind defender; the ability to choose having a double screen would be nice too.
  • - Option to choose between 20 second and full timeout (not control scheme related but it’d be interesting that both affect differently, a full timeout would impact better coaching decisions and strategy).
  • - Free throws system that Elite 11 had which gave more control specifically on misses.
  • - I appreciated the idea of having a power based passing system on Live 14 but I don’t think it translates well to an NBA game, passes mostly felt floaty which doesn’t occur much on an NBA game, besides with that system it make it difficult to pass the ball around quickly to find an open man because of the way the pass is sent. Because of that I feel that the power system should be removed and go back to the normal pass with X. I liked the idea to have a lob pass but if you decide to remove the power thing I believe that the lob pass could be holding X and have O to be something else. Also, I’d be nice if we were able to make touch passes, maybe by touching X before receiving the pass like Live 07 had for PC.
  • - Be able to make a dribble pitch like Parker and Duncan do.
  • - Ability to make bank layups and being able to bank it high off the backboard.
  • - Interesting idea I found on the NLSC forums: “Let's say you have to hold down the shot button--the longer you hold it down the longer you put off releasing the finish. And while you're holding it down, and as you enter flight, you control what hand/direction/motion you finish with with the left analogue. So you manually control your whoopty-doos, pumps, Dr.J's, circus shots, manually avoiding the shot blocker. You can release it quick, or hold it and release it as you're coming back to earth--which could end up being reverse finishes on the other side of the basket.
    In the same way for dunks, holding turbo, you manually control the hand/directions pumps, cockbacks, windmill motions alike, all depending on that players abilities--vert and style. The penalty being: if you hold too long or release too early, you might get hung, or blow it off the back iron. I mean, couldn't you picture capitalizing on a game on a breakaway and doing your own windmill? Your own tomahawk? Trying to make them look as full motioned as possible?
    Or tie trick dunks entirely to their own and leave the above just for avoidance. For breakaway dunks tie them in with the gather, press the gather, then try to dunk. Twirl on during the gather for spins, direct in air for the dunk. Done. Eliminated unrealistic dunks in traffic(for the most part) while keeping them in the game.”

Playcalling
- Being able to choose specific plays by player

- Being able to choose plays by “formation”, example horns.

- Something similar to the motion offense NCAA Basketball had; ability to choose triangle, 5 out, 4 1, Princeton, etc.

1) Match with people with similar ranking/skill/fair play
2) Fair play grades (like PES 2013 has)
3) Customizable unranked games with sliders, quarter minutes, etc
4) Ability to play against other with only teams of the same caliber
5) Scouting of opponent
6) Ability to play with offline players against online rival
7) Reduce effectiveness of cheesy moves

Roster Management
1) More specific lineups (second unit, blowout, free throw, physical, etc)
2) Positional order
3) Home/away/alternate accessory colors for players
4) Better face edition for create a player (face scan included)
5) Edit body type/ hairstyle/ facial hair (like PES games)
6) Editable players who don't have specific faces
7) Team builder option to create teams

Gameplay Offense
1) Better differentiation between team, play styles (physical/athletic, half court/fastbreak, big/small lineup, short/large rotation, etc)
2) Good difference between players with good and bad offensive awareness
3) More exploit of mismatches (big/small and viceversa, fast/slow)
4) Better late game execution by CPU team
5) Avoid/reduce dunks on traffic, off balance/awkward shots
6) Ability to select plays during timeouts and to choose full/20 second timeouts
7) Elite 11-type free throws system
8) More variety of dribble and post moves
9) Ability to draw fouls (like NBA Live 2005)

Gameplay Defense
1) Better difference between good and bad defenders
2) Good difference between players with good and bad defensive awareness
3) Close out shot button/option
4) Ability to block passing lanes with hands
5) More defending tools

Gameplay Miscellaneous
1) More and better animations
2) More separation between quick/slow players, players who can do dribble moves and those who can't, players who have post moves and the ones who don't, etc
3) Fatigue to have more impact
4) Difference between good and bad coaches and more participation of coaches in game
5) Wingspan, vertical
6) Real-time physics
7) Lots of sliders that affect gameplay
8) Coach notes after quarters/halftime
9) In game saves
10) More acceleration from players overall
11) Integrate an aspect similar to which appears on the FIFA series which is weak foot and skill move stars I guess you've an idea of what I mean because it's also from an EA franchise but if not two categories which aren't rating specifically but both are rated up to five stars and affect some abilities players can do, for instance a two star skills player can't do some moves that a five star player can.
I believe it can be implemented in some way on NBA Live, I know that Synergy tracks tendencies and that there's the three-tier bounceteck controls but in my opinion those are different than what I'm talking about. Maybe there could be a five star for post play and another for dribbling, it'd help differentiate players like Al Jefferson from Javale McGee in the post for example. Maybe the stars could affect effectiveness of moves and variety of them or instead of a general star ratings maybe it could be separated on each type of move like spin from the post, crossover or eurostep.
If it's a good idea or not I don't know but I believe it'd help differentiate more between players and avoid seeing the AI do the post spinmove that often for example.

Editing
- Sliders (many of these)
- Create a player (with lots of slots)
- Complete ability to edit players (ratings, tendencies, age, etc)
- Create a team
- Create a play

Miscellaneous
- NBA tab in the menu with news, standings, stars, highlights
- ESPN ticker
- Option to choose team-specific menu (like old Madden games)
- Ability to listen ESPN radio
- All Star Weekend
- More variety in jerseys from the different teams, it's really lacking compared to 2K or even old Live games like 2005. I think it'd be nice to have several more than now for collecting and using on Ultimate Team and to have some option to use alternatives or retro jerseys as home and away on Dynasty Mode like replacing 90's Suns jerseys for the current ones for example.
Ermolli

Next

Return to NBA Live 16