Honestly, I'd love to see Dynasty Mode do all the things that MyLEAGUE is doing (rather than the MyGM approach), but I highly doubt it's feasible to pack that much content into one development cycle; even an extended one. Dynasty Mode already features a lot of the basics - trades, free agency, the Draft, training, etc - but there's still quite a few essential functions missing, and extra content that would really put the mode back on track.
For me, some of the must-haves are as follows:
- Ability to edit jersey numbers. When I trade for a player, I'd like to be able to set his jersey number, and change the number of a player already on the roster if I wish.
- Ability to edit player positions. It makes things easier when lineups automatically get automatically re-ordered, and can probably help a few trades get through.
- Ability to edit Draft Classes, and scout players during the season, not just during a phase in the offseason.
- Ability to trade during the free agency period (though newly signed players shouldn't be able to be traded until December 15th, as per the NBA rule).
- This one relies on in-game injuries being a thing, but if they are, injuries carrying over to the next game, not just the ones that occur during simulation.
- Ability to control more than one team, and to switch control between teams without starting a new Dynasty game.
- A few sliders/settings to control tendencies such as trade frequencies, injury frequencies (again, if they're a thing), cap increases, and so forth. Ideally I'd like to see lots of settings, but a handful would be a start.
- Include full transaction listings, year-by-year records of award winners and results, injury listings, and expanded stat tracking.
- "Commissioner Options", allowing us to override transactions and control other teams. Could perhaps be toggled on and off.
- Ability to hire and fire head coaches, not just the other members of staff.
- Ability to retire jersey numbers; recognition of retired jersey numbers for all teams (even if the names can't be included in the game), unless the user chooses to override that setting.
- Further enhancements to trade and free agency logic; fewer free agents who fail to latch on demanding big contracts, or even the Mid Level Exception.
- Ability to scrimmage with your team whenever you want.
- More control over player development; playable drills, or at least more frequent training sessions.
- Allow stats to be adjusted/normalised for 12 minute quarter lengths, when playing shorter quarters.
- Implement All-Star voting. If the whole All-Star Weekend ever makes it back into the game, it should be a part of Dynasty Mode, too.
A few other things that I do really want to see, but I'd say can wait based on the importance of getting some of the basic functionality and features back in there:
- Ability to protect Draft picks.
- Dynasty Cutscenes (I really enjoy them and if they're easy to do, by all means include them, but not at the expense of core functionality).
- Season/game-to-game fatigue.
- Hot and cold streaks.
- As above, detailed sliders and settings for much more of a "sandbox" experience.
- Three team trades, with the ability to suggest movement between two CPU controlled teams.