Dynast salary issues

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Dynast salary issues

Postby waltho15 on Fri May 20, 2016 3:21 pm

At the end of the season with the detroit pistons and im at the point to resign players, and some how with 5 players contracts expiring I can only spend 8.38 million. For a test I dumped 3 players with very high contract leaving me with 27 million spent total on players with a 70 million cap limit, but still I am limited to signing a player with only 8.38 mil. I can not build a team off of this. I have restarted the dynasty pleanty of times and I just can't work this out. Can someone please help.

I was able to resign players no problem in 2K because they actually had the hard cap. I made the switch to live because I really wanted to give it a chance, but this is just rediculous.
waltho15

Re: Dynast salary issues

Postby waltho15 on Fri May 20, 2016 3:36 pm

I would also like to add that in my Rising star gamemode (Im am on the pistons as well) that they resigned drummond on an average of 15 mill a year, with out dumping as nearly many contracts
waltho15

Postby Andrew on Fri May 20, 2016 4:08 pm

That's an annoying bug, if that's the case. Can you post some screenshots of the issue?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri May 20, 2016 4:22 pm

The salaries in Dynasty are completely messed up with some rookies on about $15 mil per year, not sure if they have fixed that yet but I raised the issue with EA a while back
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby waltho15 on Fri May 20, 2016 4:31 pm

I really don't have any pictures of it. Also Anthony Tolliver (a 72 overall) wants 7.5 mill for 2 years? yeah right. I would love to think that saying something to EA would help, but they have a track record for ignoring issues and never addressing them. All I ask is that they add a hard cap that would give players at least 25 million extra for contracts. If you are over the salary cap it doesn't mean you can't sign players. EA just really needs to do some research on how the cap works.
waltho15

Postby Andrew on Fri May 20, 2016 5:19 pm

If you're over the salary cap, you can continue to exceed the cap to re-sign your own players, but you can only offer the minimum or mid-level exception to free agents from other teams. I'll need to double-check, but I believe that NBA Live 16 does represent that correctly.

I agree that the asking price logic needs to be tweaked, as players who have little bargaining power shouldn't be holding out for significant contracts.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby waltho15 on Sat May 21, 2016 12:38 am

That's the problem even if I were to dump a 16 mill a year contract abd get below the salary cap, i can't resign drummond, even though in the rising star gamemode they did resign him. I even went as far as adding up the ammount of total money spent in players in that gamemode and it exceeds what I was able to spend by a good 10 million
waltho15

Postby Andrew on Sat May 21, 2016 1:07 am

When you say dump, do you mean trade to another team for an expiring contract, or releasing a player?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby beegees on Sat May 21, 2016 7:43 pm

I think there is Josh Smith's amnestied contract's tail hanging on the horse (Hooper -> Pistons' maskot). ;)

There were his 2 or 3 years left.
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Return to NBA Live 16