It would be nice if we could sell or trade RP's

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

It would be nice if we could sell or trade RP's

Postby StyxTx on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:02 pm

I have no use for RP's. I have hundreds and hundreds of them saved up. It sure would be nice if we could swap them for SP's. Maybe not at an even rate but some kind of trade value.

I haven't used a single RP and I never will. Seems a waste.
StyxTx

Re: It would be nice if we could sell or trade RP's

Postby [Q] on Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:31 pm

I was cool with the default clothes, so I bought some shoes. I bought tattoos as well since there wasn't anything else to buy. Progression wasn't too bad at the current rate so I don't know if allowing people to trade points to progress faster would be a good thing.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:33 pm

A lot of people do like to buy new shoes, change up accessories and so on, so that end, it's definitely worth having separate currencies for cosmetic elements and ratings upgrades. I think that's a fantastic approach actually, compared to having to choose how you want to spend VC in NBA 2K's MyCAREER (especially since VC is utilised in other modes as well).

However, since you do earn RP more quickly, and thus can have a lot of it sitting there doing nothing once you're done buying any gear/accessories you want to outfit your player with, I would be in favour of being able to trade it in for SP. Having a 1:1 exchange rate would probably be a little cheap, but with a fair rate, you could sacrifice RP you're not going to use to help build your skills a little quicker.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:12 am

[Q] wrote:I was cool with the default clothes, so I bought some shoes. I bought tattoos as well since there wasn't anything else to buy. Progression wasn't too bad at the current rate so I don't know if allowing people to trade points to progress faster would be a good thing.

Well, maybe an option to not gain RP in the game, or be able to set a limit on how much we accumulate.

But something like a 10:1 exchange rate isn't really going to earn a lot of skill points. I have accumulated 281,000 RP's over the course of 1 season, playoffs and 10 games into the 2nd season. At the 10:1 exchange rate that would give me 28000 SP's extra SP's over that time period. Seems like a lot maybe but if so the rate can be adjusted up if that's what they think.

But to have that many RP's, which I "earned" and not have anything do use them for, kinda silly. I'd rather have an option to not earn RP.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:04 am

Turning off the ability to earn them may not be feasible to implement, and would be overkill since you can just ignore RP if you're not going to spend it. As I said though, implementing a trade-in option is something I'm in favour of.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:38 pm

StyxTx wrote:
[Q] wrote:I was cool with the default clothes, so I bought some shoes. I bought tattoos as well since there wasn't anything else to buy. Progression wasn't too bad at the current rate so I don't know if allowing people to trade points to progress faster would be a good thing.

Well, maybe an option to not gain RP in the game, or be able to set a limit on how much we accumulate.

But something like a 10:1 exchange rate isn't really going to earn a lot of skill points. I have accumulated 281,000 RP's over the course of 1 season, playoffs and 10 games into the 2nd season. At the 10:1 exchange rate that would give me 28000 SP's extra SP's over that time period. Seems like a lot maybe but if so the rate can be adjusted up if that's what they think.

But to have that many RP's, which I "earned" and not have anything do use them for, kinda silly. I'd rather have an option to not earn RP.

Progressiom was good in Live Run/online. I dont know about single player offline mode. i guess it depends on how many games you actually play in a season
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby StyxTx on Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Turning off the ability to earn them may not be feasible to implement, and would be overkill since you can just ignore RP if you're not going to spend it. As I said though, implementing a trade-in option is something I'm in favour of.

How about letting me sell them to someone who could use them? :)
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:04 pm

They're probably not going to go for that, but on a similar note, it'd be handy if they could be used for other things, like buying Ultimate Team coins (or packs directly, at a higher cost of RP than Ultimate Team coins). As I said, I've used some RP to outfit my Rising Star player for LIVE Pro-Am, but aside from perhaps picking up some more shoes, I've more or less got everything I want now. Since Ultimate Team games do earn RP, it'd be nice to be able to use them in that mode as well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:55 am

Andrew wrote:They're probably not going to go for that, but on a similar note, it'd be handy if they could be used for other things, like buying Ultimate Team coins (or packs directly, at a higher cost of RP than Ultimate Team coins). As I said, I've used some RP to outfit my Rising Star player for LIVE Pro-Am, but aside from perhaps picking up some more shoes, I've more or less got everything I want now. Since Ultimate Team games do earn RP, it'd be nice to be able to use them in that mode as well.

So, you wanna buy my RP's? :lol:
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:55 am

I'll pass.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16