Went Back And Played NBA Live 15 Last Night

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Went Back And Played NBA Live 15 Last Night

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:57 am

So I downloaded NBA Live 15 last night because I wanted to see how it felt again, and I might say that the overall player control is WAY better than 16.There's so much unnecessary slowing down in Live 16 that bothers me. While 15 needed to fix a lot of things, especially the dribbling, I feel that the movement with the controls are way better than Live 16. I think this may be the reason why I can't get into Ultimate Team this year, the game play is just too slow for my liking. The way you can grab and rebound and get into your offense off the break in 15 is also way better. While 16 might have put better quality animations in the game, I feel the overall responsiveness sucks compared to Live 15. They really have to get this right for Live 17, because I feel that's what will make modes like Pro Am much more fun. The paint Activity needed work in, but every thing hits much better!! I feel that Live 16 tries to do too much. Game play gotta be responsive and simple, the AI should be complex and everything visible should react accordingly

They really need to do something about the dribbling mechanics
ThaLiveKing

Re: Went Back And Played NBA Live 15 Last Night

Postby StyxTx on Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:39 am

I hope there is a massive improvement in 17. What I fear is the license with the NBA expires after 17 and it may be the last Live game. If that is what the plan is then there probably won't be a major improvement next year.
StyxTx

Postby mp3 on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:02 am

I think EA will continue to have the nba licensing passed this year, they have a pretty good relationship and having two nba video games out is only better marketing for the nba.

Steven, I get what you mean Live 15 doing some things better and I'd like Live to get away from removing things that seem to work and replacing it with something that doesn't, if it ain't broke....
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:37 am

StyxTx wrote:I hope there is a massive improvement in 17. What I fear is the license with the NBA expires after 17 and it may be the last Live game. If that is what the plan is then there probably won't be a major improvement next year.

Sean O'Brien already stated that there will be more NBA Live games beyond 17.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:56 am

I'd have to disagree. To me, the controls feel a lot stiffer and heavier in NBA Live 15, especially on defense.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Izzy Snow on Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:55 am

Live 10 still better than 14, 15, and 16.
Izzy Snow

Postby Andrew on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:09 am

In terms of responsiveness, I'd agree. When it comes to AI though, I do think that 16 is the best game in the series, in terms of Xs and Os, players moving without the ball, and so on. NBA Live 10 was pretty good for its time in that regard, but sadly its second patch caused more problems than it fixed.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:21 am

It's hard to put a finger on it, but I feel like I had more fun playing Live 15 than 16. I feel like the right stick moves were more responsive in 15, but there seem to be more player movement options in 16
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby ThaLiveKing on Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:11 pm

[Q] wrote:It's hard to put a finger on it, but I feel like I had more fun playing Live 15 than 16. I feel like the right stick moves were more responsive in 15, but there seem to be more player movement options in 16

Same feeling I had when I went back and played it. I spent so much time in Ultimate Team in 15 because of the freedom of the game play. If these guys over there at EA can figure out how to make the dribbling top notch, this game will be more enjoyable. People love that Iso basketball in the gaming community lol
ThaLiveKing

Postby StyxTx on Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:40 pm

ThaLiveKing wrote:
StyxTx wrote:I hope there is a massive improvement in 17. What I fear is the license with the NBA expires after 17 and it may be the last Live game. If that is what the plan is then there probably won't be a major improvement next year.

Sean O'Brien already stated that there will be more NBA Live games beyond 17.

I hope so, but with an NBA license? I read an article recently stating they are losing quite a bit of money due to the license. I hope they can renew it and sales start going up. A lot of people have gotten fed up with 2k.

Their sales have been awful for a video game. But if Live were to be discontinued I wouldn't have a basketball game anymore. 2k isn't getting any more of my money.
StyxTx

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:42 am

They'd be renewing their NBA license, if they haven't already. If they keep making Live as intended, it will be an NBA licensed game.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby StyxTx on Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:09 am

Andrew wrote:They'd be renewing their NBA license, if they haven't already. If they keep making Live as intended, it will be an NBA licensed game.

That's good to hear cuz there is no way in hell I'm going back to 2k and if Live goes away there won't be anything left.
StyxTx

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:51 pm

StyxTx wrote:
Andrew wrote:They'd be renewing their NBA license, if they haven't already. If they keep making Live as intended, it will be an NBA licensed game.

That's good to hear cuz there is no way in hell I'm going back to 2k and if Live goes away there won't be anything left.

NBA Live won't ever die lol
ThaLiveKing

Return to NBA Live 16