NBA LIVE LUT 101

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

NBA LIVE LUT 101

Postby Andrew on Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:42 am

New article over on the official website, explaining all the ins and outs of Live Ultimate Team in NBA Live 16: https://www.easports.com/nba-live/news/2015/lut-101
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Re: NBA LIVE LUT 101

Postby beegees on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:52 am

A good article for beginners! (Y)

I have beaten my permanent disconnect to the Live Ultimate Team servers thankfully the penultimate NBA Live 16 patch. Currently I'm playing most of all time in this mode, purposed challenges and auctions mechanics are clear and fair to players, not like 2K's approach ('we need more money'). You can collect without donate a decent roster, there is a solid list of legends, including EA exclusives like Reggie Lewis etc. I have some problems with searching players in Head-to-Head, but I glad to play this mode now, because of Live 14 and Live 15 had similar, but without simply options to earn a significant amount of in-game points to spend on contracts at least, or a few of stars. :cool:
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:01 am

I've finally started getting into LUT this year. I'm split on the idea of short term players; on one hand it's nice to get them, but it's also a tease and kind of steers you towards purchasing packs. You can do that with the in-game currency of course, but the rewards seem to be lower than last year.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby beegees on Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:21 pm

Andrew wrote:I've finally started getting into LUT this year. I'm split on the idea of short term players; on one hand it's nice to get them, but it's also a tease and kind of steers you towards purchasing packs. You can do that with the in-game currency of course, but the rewards seem to be lower than last year.

There is a pool of high level players that are costed too high (up to 700k+ coins) and unbelievable: Bryant (98 rating), Bird (97), M. Malone, B. Russel and a few others. But except these high level players, 95-97% of their catalogue are possible to grab. ;)
Short leasing of legens is pretty good, you can play for them, no more games, but without extra real money spending. 2K don't have the similar.
Retro logos and retro jerseys are adorable. Some of them are exclusives. I use Pistons 54/55 equipment, their white t-shirt is wonderfull. :)
I have forgotten to mention EA's 2 level reward system to start earn in-game coins, you can receive a decent amount of coins fast. It's a pity there is tier 2 max... ;(
This Is Where I Came In

beegees

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:25 pm

There's value in the short term players, but as someone who likes to build retro squads, I'd love to be able to get their permanent equivalents more easily.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA Live 16