Floating shots, passes Gone?

Talk about NBA Live 16 here.

Floating shots, passes Gone?

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:30 am

Has anyone noticed that a lot of the floating lay ups and passes have been tweaked? I've noticed a few lay ups over the last few days don't go WAY over the rim any more, the finger rolls are more at the rim, even some of the dunks on the overall jumping animations has been turned down. LeBron went into the lane for a monster dunk and his half of his body wasn't above the rim. It was a more realistic jump. They might have added a tweak like two days ago. Some shots still float high in the air, I think it's because of the animations they're using for the shots and they connect, but if they can get rid of those and replace em with better ones, it's a plus. A lot of that I'm noticing has been turned down. I wish they would add more off the backboard shots, and lay ups, especially lay ups, have different types, the physics are there, just gotta some how add them in.

The game is starting to feel a bit more realistic. Even blocks have been a rim level, and respectable

phpBB [video]

Anyone else notice this?

Also I seen two new animations, a new offensive off arm animation, and a split a stationary double team

ThaLiveKing

Re: Floating shots, passes Gone?

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:40 am

I've been binging on Fallout 4, so I haven't played NBA Live 16 in the past week or so. I'll have to give it a look.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby ThaLiveKing on Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:20 am

Andrew wrote:I've been binging on Fallout 4, so I haven't played NBA Live 16 in the past week or so. I'll have to give it a look.

A lot of little things added, I was playing with San Antonio that same night, and they had a FT camera (CPU at the line) at a bird's eye view, never seen it before either.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Izzy Snow on Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:13 pm

Yo I just got done playing a few games of LUT. Still no standing dunks but I finally started to see a better variety of dunks pulled off by Westbrook. Also pulled off some decent looking baseline fadeaway shots with Hayward and Beal. The ball warped from one hand to the other but they still faded away and it looked decent. I'm really hopeful for patch 2.
Izzy Snow

Postby ThaLiveKing on Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:01 am

Izzy Snow wrote:Yo I just got done playing a few games of LUT. Still no standing dunks but I finally started to see a better variety of dunks pulled off by Westbrook. Also pulled off some decent looking baseline fadeaway shots with Hayward and Beal. The ball warped from one hand to the other but they still faded away and it looked decent. I'm really hopeful for patch 2.

I think the reason they add and take stuff out is because everything is some how connected, that's why when they add a bunch of new animations, you see a lot of warping. Few weeks ago there was barely any, only the hand warping through players and baskets etc, but the arms, legs and bodies wouldn't warp. I think that's why they're taking their time with adding new animations, and taking out other ones.
ThaLiveKing

Postby Phreak50 on Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Those animations were in the demo from day 1 as far as I had experienced.

As I've said before, the game is as 'dynamic' as any bball has been.

Often for the worse, but also sometimes for the better.

The random ragdoll collisions help this, plus I'm sure Synergy and sliders affect it as well.

I disagree with the warping though, this series (15 was actually better than 16 in this regard) has had the least warping and polygon clipping of any bball game ever made. It is leaps and bounds ahead of even 2K here.
Phreak50

Postby ThaLiveKing on Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:18 am

Phreak50 wrote:Those animations were in the demo from day 1 as far as I had experienced.

As I've said before, the game is as 'dynamic' as any bball has been.

Often for the worse, but also sometimes for the better.

The random ragdoll collisions help this, plus I'm sure Synergy and sliders affect it as well.

I disagree with the warping though, this series (15 was actually better than 16 in this regard) has had the least warping and polygon clipping of any bball game ever made. It is leaps and bounds ahead of even 2K here.

Some days the warping seems to be gone, but then there's day like two days ago where the game felt like everything was warping. I really wish they would let us turn off synergy and some of the under the hood updates. Those have to be the problem with the inconsistencies in the game. With the patch, I'm going to have to adjust my sliders back to 50 and see what it does. The shooting after the patch seems a bit inconsistent now, we'll see
ThaLiveKing

Postby mp3 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:21 pm

The last game I played of my dynasty (kings) I was playing the clippers and I was stuck in an animation nightmare with Blake taking fade aways with his back to the basket and when I tried to pull off the up and under move in the post Cousins warped to free throw line and took the same shot he would of done in the post.

Also from the same game it wouldn't let me exit timeouts before the full time was up and Rondo fouled out but remained on the floor.... Rondo also spent most of the game topless lol
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Return to NBA Live 16