Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Patchmaking tutorials for NBA 2K15.

Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby TBM on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:27 am

1. Open the 2K15 Explorer and locate a player model/chest texture iff.

Image

2. Find the file that contains a metadata.json, two shaders, and a .mathnodes file.

Image

3. Click on the metadata.json and open the text editor tab.

Image

4. Download Notepad++ and paste all the text from the text editor into it. Then Scroll to the bottom.

Image

5. Delete the brackets that are highlighted in red in the image below.

Image

The text should then look like this:

Image

6. Save as metadata.json anywhere.

7. Back in the 2K15 Explorer, sort the iff by size and export the largest GZIP LZMA.

Image

8. Download Blender 2.71 (No other version is officially supported). Then extract it.

9. Place the nba2k_tools file into the Blender directory

Image

10. Open Blender, and go to File>User Preferences, or press Ctrl+Alt+U

11. Click "install from file" at the bottom of user preferences.

Image

12. Install models_2k.py

13. With your mouse over the viewport, press N. Then open the shading panel, and then change multitexture to GLSL.

Image

Then press N again, since you won't need that open anymore.

14. Open the scene tab on the right side. Should look like this:

Image

Now you can import the model using the file you exported and the file you saved with Notepad++.

Once you've imported a model, you're gonna want to add textures. Here's how. (Also, this isn't a beginner tutorial, so from this point on, you're going to have to have SOME understanding of Blender already.)

1. Go into edit mode with textures, and deselect all.

2. Go to the object data tab on the right panel and select any part. Doesn't matter which, even if you don't wanna add a texture to this part.

Image

3. Open the material tab, click "New" and then click "Assign".

Image

4. Go back to the object data tab, deselect all vertices and then select the vertex group you want to add a texture to.

5. Go back to the materials tab and click the "+" button to the right of the list of materials, and then click "New" and "Assign".

6. In the shading panel, tick the "shadeless" box.

Image

7. Open the texture tab.

Image

8. Click "New" and make your panels look like this:

Image

9. Select an image

Image

and that's it! To add more textures, just start at step 4 again.


Q&A:

Q. Why does my face texture covered in white?
A. It's because of the alpha. To fix this, just untick the "use alpha" box in the image panel inside the texture tab.

Q. How do I make beards transparent?
A. In the materials tab, tick the "Transparency" panel and drag "alpha" all the way to 0.000. Then, in the texture tab, in the "Influence" panel, tick alpha and keep it at 1.000.

Q. The beard is all pixelated and bad looking in the viewport. How do I fix this?
A. This one's easy. Just change from texture mode to rendered mode. Now it should be nice and pretty like in game.

Q. The textures don't look like they do in game. Is there a solution to this?
A. 2K15 re-colors all the textures in game, so the only fix is to re-color the textures specifically for use with Blender for previews.

Q. How do I make the unwanted vertexes disappear?
A. Select all the vertexes you don't want you don't want. Then just make a new material, tick the transparency box, and put alpha all the way down to zero. Then just press assign and everything you selected is gone.

Any other questions, feel free to ask below.
Last edited by TBM on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:27 am, edited 3 times in total.
This topic was moved from NBA 2K15 by Andrew on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:54 am.
Image
User avatar
TBM
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 am

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby iamSamke on Wed Apr 22, 2015 4:09 pm

This was what I was waiting for, I am total noob for 3D edit.
Thank you TBM!
User avatar
iamSamke
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby Kevin on Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:13 pm

(Y)
User avatar
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics
 
Posts: 7861
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:47 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby iamSamke on Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:22 am

Why this thread isn't in tutorial section yet? :crazyeyes:
User avatar
iamSamke
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:54 am

samardzicnba wrote:Why this thread isn't in tutorial section yet? :crazyeyes:


Because sometimes we get to things right away, other times we're not able to. We take care of things like this as soon as we possibly can.

In any event, thanks as always TBM. (Y)
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Image
Contact: Email | Twitter
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube


Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Image
Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
User avatar
Andrew
That's a bad luck number.
Administrator
 
Posts: 101790
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby TBM on Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:58 am

Sorry for the delay on texture importing. It's coming tomorrow (4/24).
Image
User avatar
TBM
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 am

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby Lagoa on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:08 am

So, with this its possible edit player 3D face and work ingame? =)
Sorry my Bad English
User avatar
Lagoa
 
Posts: 2558
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:05 pm
Location: São Paulo, Brasil

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby TBM on Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:09 am

No...
Image
User avatar
TBM
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 am

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby iamSamke on Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:18 pm

Andrew wrote:
samardzicnba wrote:Why this thread isn't in tutorial section yet? :crazyeyes:


Because sometimes we get to things right away, other times we're not able to. We take care of things like this as soon as we possibly can.

In any event, thanks as always TBM. (Y)


I got you, man
User avatar
iamSamke
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby TBM on Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:27 am

Tutorial is complete.
Image
User avatar
TBM
Contributor
Contributor
 
Posts: 3654
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 am

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby Bryan Robinson on Thu May 21, 2015 9:29 pm

TBM wrote:Tutorial is complete.
Bro where can i get that 2k_tools folder from?
Bryan Robinson
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby iamSamke on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:04 pm

Bryan Robinson wrote:
TBM wrote:Tutorial is complete.
Bro where can i get that 2k_tools folder from?

Here it is: http://3dgamedevblog.com/wordpress/?pos ... oads&p=437
User avatar
iamSamke
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:11 am
Location: Serbia

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby Mhikez on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 am

Guys, any idea where to download models_2k.py? Thanks a lot

Update:
Found it! Thanks anyway guys.
Image
User avatar
Mhikez
The Windy City Assasin
 
Posts: 683
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 pm
Location: United Center, Chicago Bulls

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby Torito14 on Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:56 am

TBM wrote:1. Open the 2K15 Explorer and locate a player model/chest texture iff.

[ Image ]

2. Find the file that contains a metadata.json, two shaders, and a .mathnodes file.

[ Image ]

3. Click on the metadata.json and open the text editor tab.

[ Image ]

4. Download Notepad++ and paste all the text from the text editor into it. Then Scroll to the bottom.

[ Image ]

5. Delete the brackets that are highlighted in red in the image below.

[ Image ]

The text should then look like this:

[ Image ]

6. Save as metadata.json anywhere.

7. Back in the 2K15 Explorer, sort the iff by size and export the largest GZIP LZMA.

[ Image ]

8. Download Blender 2.71 (No other version is officially supported). Then extract it.

9. Place the nba2k_tools file into the Blender directory

[ Image ]

10. Open Blender, and go to File>User Preferences, or press Ctrl+Alt+U

11. Click "install from file" at the bottom of user preferences.

[ Image ]

12. Install models_2k.py

13. With your mouse over the viewport, press N. Then open the shading panel, and then change multitexture to GLSL.

[ Image ]

Then press N again, since you won't need that open anymore.

14. Open the scene tab on the right side. Should look like this:

[ Image ]

Now you can import the model using the file you exported and the file you saved with Notepad++.

Once you've imported a model, you're gonna want to add textures. Here's how. (Also, this isn't a beginner tutorial, so from this point on, you're going to have to have SOME understanding of Blender already.)

1. Go into edit mode with textures, and deselect all.

2. Go to the object data tab on the right panel and select any part. Doesn't matter which, even if you don't wanna add a texture to this part.

[ Image ]

3. Open the material tab, click "New" and then click "Assign".

[ Image ]

4. Go back to the object data tab, deselect all vertices and then select the vertex group you want to add a texture to.

5. Go back to the materials tab and click the "+" button to the right of the list of materials, and then click "New" and "Assign".

6. In the shading panel, tick the "shadeless" box.

[ Image ]

7. Open the texture tab.

[ Image ]

8. Click "New" and make your panels look like this:

[ Image ]

9. Select an image

[ Image ]

and that's it! To add more textures, just start at step 4 again.


Q&A:

Q. Why does my face texture covered in white?
A. It's because of the alpha. To fix this, just untick the "use alpha" box in the image panel inside the texture tab.

Q. How do I make beards transparent?
A. In the materials tab, tick the "Transparency" panel and drag "alpha" all the way to 0.000. Then, in the texture tab, in the "Influence" panel, tick alpha and keep it at 1.000.

Q. The beard is all pixelated and bad looking in the viewport. How do I fix this?
A. This one's easy. Just change from texture mode to rendered mode. Now it should be nice and pretty like in game.

Q. The textures don't look like they do in game. Is there a solution to this?
A. 2K15 re-colors all the textures in game, so the only fix is to re-color the textures specifically for use with Blender for previews.

Q. How do I make the unwanted vertexes disappear?
A. Select all the vertexes you don't want you don't want. Then just make a new material, tick the transparency box, and put alpha all the way down to zero. Then just press assign and everything you selected is gone.

Any other questions, feel free to ask below.


Have you got a program to create and model the courts???
Torito14
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:00 am

Re: Greg's Blender Script Tutorial (Player Models)

Postby nathan0618 on Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:36 am

sir i have a question, i always got error everytime i'll try to export.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nathan0618
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 am


Return to NBA 2K15 Tutorials & FAQs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests