Greg's tool error(NBA explorer)

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Greg's tool error(NBA explorer)

Postby drose1911 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:37 am

Whenever i open this(as admin) i get the following error in a CMD "Core generic error"
Any reason for this?
drose1911

Re: Greg's tool error(NBA explorer)

Postby iamSamke on Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:56 am

Let's get it clear: Andrew told you to post your problem on explorer thread. But insted, you make another thread here.... :facepalm:
iamSamke

Postby drose1911 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:08 am

Well, i did, but nobody responds to it.. I feel like people never really get help here, just redirections to other threads

Even when i post in the correct thread, i dont really get help at all, just the shortest answers that dont really help alot :/
drose1911

Postby iamSamke on Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:50 am

You asked question there 3h ago. Wait at least 2 days. If no one responds, that means that no one knows what problem is...
Did you run explorer as an admin?
iamSamke

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:02 am

We're not trying to give you the run around, or be unhelpful by redirecting you to other threads. Those directions are intended to point you to the correct place to post about certain issues, and where you have the best chance of getting help and an answer to your question. Issues like this tend to get seen by the creator of a mod/tool when they're posted in their respective release threads, so it's a more direct way of asking for help. However, not everyone is online at the same time, not everyone checks the Forum every day, and not everyone has the same knowledge. In the worst case scenario, there may be no solution to a particular problem. As samardzicnba said, three hours isn't quite long enough to wait.

I noticed you also posted that support request in the tutorial thread. I've deleted that post, as it's essentially spamming. The reason we ask people not to post the same question in multiple threads is because it gets confusing for anyone trying to offer help, with two different conversations going on. It's more efficient to ask for support in the appropriate thread/section, and keep the discussion there. Also, when you post the same question in multiple threads, people tend to get annoyed by that spam, and when they're annoyed, they're less inclined to be helpful. That's just human nature.

Again, we're not trying to be petty or controlling or wilfully unhelpful with this stuff. We're trying to provide some guidance as to how to best use our resources, integrate with the community we have here, where to go for answers and the best way to get them. Answers don't always come immediately however, so you do have to be patient.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA 2K15