Online play

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Online play

Postby cshlaw33 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 10:45 am

I'm relatively new to 2K -- bought it before the season, but haven't had much time to play. I was wondering if you could clear a couple things up for me:

1) When playing an online quick match mode, is the only option to use the up-to-the-minute NBA rosters? Seems weird that I can't use DeMarcus Cousins if I want to play with the Kings tonight, since he didn't play last game, or that I can't put Jabari Parker back in the lineup for the Bucks. Am I missing an option here?

2) What is the most common way people play against each other online? Quick games? Online leagues? My Player? Something else?

3) Is there an online tournament mode? I haven't been able to find it.

4) I'm a big MUT fan, and have been trying to get used to "My Team." In MUT, you can actually play seasons with your fantasy squad. I haven't seen that option in My Team. How do people compete against each other in "My Team," then?

Sorry for the very basic questions. I don't find 2K's interface particularly user-friendly, so this will be a big help.
Cheers.
cshlaw33

Re: Online play

Postby MrVinceCarter15 on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:27 pm

MyPlayer fun, create your own path
Mypark playing 2on2,3on3, 5on5 with other players
MrVinceCarter15

Re: Online play

Postby Kevin on Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:12 pm

cshlaw33 wrote:1) When playing an online quick match mode, is the only option to use the up-to-the-minute NBA rosters? Seems weird that I can't use DeMarcus Cousins if I want to play with the Kings tonight, since he didn't play last game, or that I can't put Jabari Parker back in the lineup for the Bucks. Am I missing an option here?Cheers.

Yes, unfortunately you can't change the 2k default roster to be injury-free but you can play the injury-free roster offline in quick game.

cshlaw33 wrote:2) What is the most common way people play against each other online? Quick games? Online leagues? My Player? Something else?Cheers.

As far as I know, 2k users commonly go for MyPark and MyTeam.

cshlaw33 wrote:4) I'm a big MUT fan, and have been trying to get used to "My Team." In MUT, you can actually play seasons with your fantasy squad. I haven't seen that option in My Team. How do people compete against each other in "My Team," then?
Cheers.

You can't play in a season using your MT players but you can play versus current teams like the Hornets or the Jazz in Domination mode. People compete in MyTeam when they enter online mode and fight for seedings (?), I think.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Return to NBA 2K15