'Black' Graphics Issue

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

'Black' Graphics Issue

Postby GimmeDat on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:40 am

First off congratulations on having such an awesome community here, been following you guys for years.

Just brought home 2K15 the other day for PC, and been having some performance issues. I was aware that I wouldn't make the recommended specs as my PC's a few years old now (ATI Radeon 4850, i5, 8gb RAM) but as it's above the minimum I thought I'd still be able to play it pretty serviceability.

Understandably, I'm having some framerate issues, which just comes down to me playing around with the video settings and finding what works for me, but the other issue I'm having is the all-black (sillhouette) MyPlayer, as well as shoes and some existing players. Apologies if this is a common question, but I've looked around all day for an answer, and while there are a few mentions of it on the internet, I couldn't find an answer.

For what it's worth, I've verified the game cache through steam and the drivers are up to date.

I've attached some pictures. If it's of any relevance, I was also having brightness issues on some resolutions (which I was able to fix by lowering the resolution and running in full-screen windowed mode).

Is it simply a matter of my computer not being good enough or is there some fix? Thanks in advance for your responses.

GimmeDat

Re: 'Black' Graphics Issue

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:19 am

Your graphics card is the weak part, it's barely above the minimum requirements. (to be honest your PC seems to be very unbalanced)

Do you have your DirectX updated?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby GimmeDat on Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:53 am

Dommy73 wrote:Your graphics card is the weak part, it's barely above the minimum requirements. (to be honest your PC seems to be very unbalanced)

Do you have your DirectX updated?

It's funny you say that; it's a 27 inch all-in-one iMac (running Windows via Bootcamp), and the card recently broke. When I went to get it repaired, they said I could only replace the part with the exact same model card. Frustrating to say the least.

I'm manually downloading the latest DirectX just in case (though I went over my cap downloading the damn 40gb for the game so it's going at a snails pace), so I'll update this post when I've tried again.

Update: Yeah, manually updating the DirectX didn't have any effect.
GimmeDat

Postby ThePointForward on Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:58 pm

All-in-one mac... Well, the card is 6 and half years old now. I donẗ know when did you buy the mac, but I believe the problem is with the card.

Have you tried to lower the graphical settings to a total minimum?
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby GimmeDat on Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Dommy73 wrote:All-in-one mac... Well, the card is 6 and half years old now. I donẗ know when did you buy the mac, but I believe the problem is with the card.

Have you tried to lower the graphical settings to a total minimum?

Yeah, graphics card definitely sounds like the problem then. Same issues, even on minimum settings.

Thing is, the game itself runs relatively smoothly on medium settings. I'm basically limited to quick games and the first year of association if I don't want my game to be full of black players/shoes though.

Obviously in the long term I'll want to be upgrading my hardware, but for the foreseeable future, is there any possible workaround?
GimmeDat

Postby GimmeDat on Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:34 pm

Also might be worth mentioning, I'm over my internet cap, and I have recieved the 'return to the main menu for update' message a few times.

When I go to the main menu it doesn't give me an error message or anything, but I guess potentially it could've been an issue addressed in a game update that isn't downloading properly.
GimmeDat

Postby ThePointForward on Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Yeah, I got the update message three times yesterday. It might be just them pushing some textures...
ThePointForward
Formerly Dommy73

Postby GimmeDat on Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:59 pm

Ah, alright then.

I'll take that as there's no possible fix, guess I'll just have to make do then.. thanks for your help regardless, Dommy.
GimmeDat

Postby fredinho2014 on Wed May 13, 2015 10:44 am

did you guys got to fix that?? i have the same prob!!!
fredinho2014

Return to NBA 2K15