NBA 2K15 Mods?

Talk about NBA 2K15 here.

Re: NBA 2K15 Mods?

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Thu Oct 09, 2014 9:58 am

ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that

I'm pretty sure they would like to help but there is no telling what their contracts state they can and can't do..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Call_M3_Mr-T

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:49 am

Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:
ChrisCP3Paul wrote:Kcity, that bad eh ?? so we can't get any word on the nitty gritty from our boys Jao or Leftos ?

and I mean official word by the way, not asking them to spill 2K secrets or whatever.....
if we could just get a baseline, I mean just point us in the right direction explain to us what is possible this year and what isn't....

I find it hard to believe they went through all this trouble making the PC release so great and then not care about mods at all, I mean the majority of the people that got the game on PC is because of mods, I'm sure everyone at 2K including the office janitor would know that

I'm pretty sure they would like to help but there is no telling what their contracts state they can and can't do..

I'm pretty sure 2K/Visual Concepts lock down a lot of stuff with employees, stuff like NDAs and proprietary software agreements (meaning if you were a programmer and you developed a utility on their dime, it's theirs even after you're let go)...
Kccitystar

Postby Tha King on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:11 am

Kccitystar wrote:
Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:

I'm pretty sure 2K/Visual Concepts lock down a lot of stuff with employees, stuff like NDAs and proprietary software agreements (meaning if you were a programmer and you developed a utility on their dime, it's theirs even after you're let go)...

I agree to this.
You can now donate to me, to make me more motivated on patching! thank you for those who are supporting me.
Tha King

Postby buddaking on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:17 am

All i want is some new scoreboards with tnt or espn logos and better courts and im a happen man. Everything else in the game is perfect.
buddaking

Postby Kevin on Thu Oct 09, 2014 11:24 am

2k/VC prohibits their employees to mod. If they didn't, we shouldn't still be waiting for 2k15 to get modded.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:02 pm

Man, TexMod doesn't even work. :(
Kccitystar

Postby Call_M3_Mr-T on Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:20 pm

Kccitystar wrote:Man, TexMod doesn't even work. :(

:cry: :cry: I wonder how long it is going to take to crack this game..
------------------------------Youtube / DWad3MIA------------------------------------
Call_M3_Mr-T

Postby Kccitystar on Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:36 pm

Call_M3_Mr-T wrote:
Kccitystar wrote:Man, TexMod doesn't even work. :(

:cry: :cry: I wonder how long it is going to take to crack this game..

I'm going to try to find tools used for DX11 games
Kccitystar

Postby SC1211 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:36 pm

Help us Vlad, you're our only hope!
SC1211

Postby MonkSV on Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:21 pm

So , finnaly after all these months no one could find something to mod the game ?
No Kuroko no Basket , Slam dunk , edit career roasters will be allowed this year ? :(

Sad that 2k donc make easy took , that game could be so fun with mods, but they dont care about PC version anyway , we cant even speak online , switch controllers fail in game etc ...
MonkSV

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:11 pm

Compared to previous years, modding has been more difficult and limited, yes. There certainly are mods for the game however: a glance at the Downloads databases and Releases section will show you what's on offer.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Culture Games on Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:53 am

I said this a year ago, and nothing has changed my opinion since. I dont believe this next gen version of 2k will ever be editable in the same way 2k14 and previous were. I believe they (2K) intentionally took steps to make it more difficult, as well as hiring away most of the modding community at NLSC, with the "no modding" clause in their contracts. This was deliberate, and no one will convince me otherwise.
Culture Games
ABL Commish

Postby Andrew on Sat Sep 26, 2015 1:29 pm

If they wanted to shut down modding, it'd be far cheaper (and easier) to have their lawyers send us a cease and desist.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA 2K15